PDA

View Full Version : BBD: 53 Man Roster Prediction V1.0

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 06:14 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/08/53-man-roster-prediction-pt-1/

With just about a week of camp complete we thought it would be fun to go ahead and try and predict the 53 man roster in addition to the 8 man practice squad for your 2011 Buffalo Bills. Below are the names we would keep as of now (starters in italics).

Slim
08-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Good job. I think Pears, Chandler, and Torbor make the final roster.

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Good job. I think Pears, Chandler, and Torbor make the final roster.

All very possible, personally Im not nearly as high on Pears or his potential as this coaching staff is.

I dont see the need for another blocking TE with Martin making the roster. Caussin is a decent blocker and offers more athletically than Chandler.

Torbor was a numbers game and I was unwilling to take him over any of other ILB options.

EDS
08-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Are they really looking for Troup to play DE? I still see him as the backup nose tackle with Jasper heading to the practice squad. Spencer Johnson likely stays in that scenario.

I also expect Torbor to be on the team because an injury to Merriman needs to be contemplated. White, Batten or Coleman get the axe/practice squad treatment.

I also would not be surprised if Pears and Howard made it before Wang and Rinehart.

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Are they really looking for Troup to play DE? I still see him as the backup nose tackle with Jasper heading to the practice squad. Spencer Johnson likely stays in that scenario.

I also expect Torbor to be on the team because an injury to Merriman needs to be contemplated. White, Batten or Coleman get the axe/practice squad treatment.

I also would not be surprised if Pears and Howard made it before Wang and Rinehart.

I think they are looking at Troup to be versatile enough to play both. Agreed if Jasper goes to the PS, Johnson sticks.

I dont see the reason to keep Torbor we drafted these kids, let's start to give them some shots.

Wang has been holding his own in camp (against Maybin...), Rinehart I like a lot if he can continue to develop.

Howard is currently PUP and not on the roster.

John Doe
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
All very possible, personally Im not nearly as high on Pears or his potential as this coaching staff is.

I dont see the need for another blocking TE with Martin making the roster. Caussin is a decent blocker and offers more athletically than Chandler.

Torbor was a numbers game and I was unwilling to take him over any of other ILB options.

You have made some interesting choices and you are not afraid to go against the current depth chart. Good grist for the mill.

IMO I think that David Martin is on his last legs - 32 years old and only 7 catches in 9 games last year.

Do you have any feel for any free agent sleepers that could surprise by making the final 53?

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 07:52 PM
You have made some interesting choices and you are not afraid to go against the current depth chart. Good grist for the mill.

IMO I think that David Martin is on his last legs - 32 years old and only 7 catches in 9 games last year.

Do you have any feel for any free agent sleepers that could surprise by making the final 53?

Martin's hands aren't why he's here though. He's here to block but if Chandler can prove he's capable I think they could be inter-changeable.

Amongst the UDFA's the talent level is down, but I think one of the backs (Taua or Moody) could make it as a short yardage/power back. Reid Forrest is pushing Brian Moorman who struggled last year and Danny Aiken was the top LS in this past draft (Sorry Doc). Other than that, I expect Loyce Means and Zach Pianalto to challenge until the end but be last cuts and likely PS guys.

ServoBillieves
08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
In the confusion of the CBA.. I thought final rosters were now 55 players, that 3rd QB thing and all...

YardRat
08-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I could see Chandler and Pianalto at TE, Pears, Wrotto or Howard at T (over Rhinehart & Wang), and WHERE THE HELL IS JON CORTO!?!?!???

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
In the confusion of the CBA.. I thought final rosters were now 55 players, that 3rd QB thing and all...

Not sure on that, Ill have to do some checking.

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I could see Chandler and Pianalto at TE, Pears, Wrotto or Howard at T (over Rhinehart & Wang), and WHERE THE HELL IS JON CORTO!?!?!???

I have Wrotto making it. Howard is PUP, and Pears Im not a big fan of.

Jon Corto has been given a new cushy job on his living room sofa.

ServoBillieves
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I thoroughly would enjoy that roster, by the way. I'm still trying to grasp this CBA... Also, who is the 4th of the laat 4 cut?

k-oneputt
08-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Chandler over Martin.
Pianalto over Caussin.
Torbor over Coleman {practice squad}
Pears is staying. coaching staff likes this guy.
Six dl- Johnson is gone.

mrbojanglezs
08-02-2011, 08:36 PM
i think an upset, kamar aiken over jones

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I thoroughly would enjoy that roster, by the way. I'm still trying to grasp this CBA... Also, who is the 4th of the laat 4 cut?

TE Zack Pianalto, he's one of the UDFA's we picked up.

Here is my profile on him;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/udfa-profile-te-zack-pianalto/

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Chandler over Martin.
Pianalto over Caussin.
Torbor over Coleman {practice squad}
Pears is staying. coaching staff likes this guy.
Six dl- Johnson is gone.

I just dont see Pianalto over Caussin at this point. Pianalto would have to have one hell of a camp.

Coleman is running with the ones when Kelsay and Merriman sit, I dont think he's going anywhere.

I dont understand this staffs fascination with Pears. But then again there are a lot of things I dont understand about this staff.

I have 6 DL, 4 DE's and 2 NT's. Agreed Johnson is getting cut.

Ginger Vitis
08-02-2011, 09:10 PM
My upset pick is Emmanuel Moody makes the 53 man roster over Johhny White

ServoBillieves
08-02-2011, 09:15 PM
TE Zack Pianalto, he's one of the UDFA's we picked up.

Here is my profile on him;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/udfa-profile-te-zack-pianalto/

I only see him Pears and Maybin, but I'm on my droid it might just be the webpage. I'd hope Pianalto makes it. I'd be ok with Caussin though. I'd take your 53 easily

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
My upset pick is Emmanuel Moody makes the 53 man roster over Johhny White

Sounded good from Mikey's latest camp report. Ill have his UDFA profile up this weekend.

DraftBoy
08-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I only see him Pears and Maybin, but I'm on my droid it might just be the webpage. I'd hope Pianalto makes it. I'd be ok with Caussin though. I'd take your 53 easily

Sorry its the final three cut, Pears, Maybin, and Pianalto.

So nobody has an issue with me cutting Maybin? Surprising.

malvado78
08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
So nobody has an issue with me cutting Maybin? Surprising.

Would be nice to start forgetting about that waste of pick.

Do it.

madness
08-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Stop ignoring Scott Chandler.

DraftBoy
08-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Stop ignoring Scott Chandler.

Hard to ignore a man who is 6'7, but until he proves he can block as well as Martin or catch better than Caussin/Pianalato what spot does he have on this roster?

madness
08-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Hard to ignore a man who is 6'7, but until he proves he can block as well as Martin or catch better than Caussin/Pianalato what spot does he have on this roster?

I meant in this thread. :D

YardRat
08-06-2011, 07:42 PM
QB (3):Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith
RB (3):Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White
FB (1):Corey McIntyre
WR (5):Lee Evans, Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones
TE (3):Scott Chandler, Shawn Nelson, Zack Pianalto

OT (5):Demetrius Bell, Cordero Howard, Ed Wang, Chris Hairston, Erik Pears

OG (3):Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Mansfield Wrotto
OC (2):Eric Wood, Geoff Hangartner
DE (4):Dwan Edwards, Marcell Dareus, Spencer Johnson, Alex Carrington
NT (3):Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup, Michael Jasper
OLB (4):Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Arthur Moats, Antonio Coleman

ILB (4):Nick Barnett, Andra Davis, Kelvin Sheppard, Chris White
CB (6):Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Aaron Williams, Justin Roger, Reggie Corner
S (4):Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da’Norris Searcy
K (1):Rian Lindell
P (1): Brian Moorman
LS (1): Garrison Sanborn

-Easley may be heading to IR again. I hope not, but...
-Chandler is a given. I'm simply rooting for Pianalto.
-We are seriously ****ed at OT.
-I think Johnson makes it, unless the versatility of a couple of these guys (along with Kelsay) compels them to only keep six d-line.
-Maybin won't be the only 'surprise'.