PDA

View Full Version : BILLS MOVED WILLIAMS TO END....JASPER NUMBER 2 NT... TROUP STARTING NT

NOT THE DUDE...
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
they changed the front 3

dareus
troup
williams

edwards
jasper
carrington

johnson

BuffaloBlitz83
08-02-2011, 06:52 PM
This would be ******ed if true. Dareus should be the NT

X-Era
08-02-2011, 06:52 PM
they changed the front 3

dareus
troup
williams

edwards
jasper
carrington

johnsonI'm not sure that's a permanent move.

BertSquirtgum
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM

he was drafted to be a defensive end in the 3-4 defense. do you not pay attention to anything?

better days
08-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Chan has said "Jasper wants to be a nose tackle & we'll give him the chance."

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 07:04 PM
They need to move him around during games so we give defenses different looks. I doubt it more than that.

In other words...calm down.

Mski
08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
dareus and williams should be playing next to each other, force teams to use 4 OL on two players

Jeff1220
08-02-2011, 07:16 PM
That line could be nasty.

hydro
08-02-2011, 07:20 PM

He was an end in the Bama 3-4...

better days
08-02-2011, 07:22 PM
dareus and williams should be playing next to each other, force teams to use 4 OL on two players

Even if they are on opposite ends, I think they both will require double teams.

zone
08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
The only thing I read out of that is Jasper is 2nd team already and that is amazing and awesome.

Night Train
08-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Boy, I'm seeing more of a 4-3 every day.

Lots of DL to use and short at middle LB outside of Barnett.

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Boy, I'm seeing more of a 4-3 every day.

Lots of DL to use and short at middle LB outside of Barnett.

Barnett as a 43 MLB would be a nightmare. His range is limited and we don't have any 43 OLB's.

X-Era
08-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Assuming Kyle Williams plays DE instead of NT. Jasper would have to beat out Kellen Heard for a #2 NT job... I think that is possible. The bigger issue is the numbers game on the DL. I see 5 or 6 being kept. Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Troup, Carrington may be it. For the 6th if they keep that many, Jasper would be in play.

methos4ever
08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Barnett as a 43 MLB would be a nightmare. His range is limited and we don't have any 43 OLB's.
Depending on the team, it wouldn't be as bad if they eagled the front into a bear, with Dareus on a guard, Kyle over center and Edwards over the other guard. In that front with Kelsay as an end and Merriman as a stand up end, the old school bear front could keep him clean despite the lack of range.

Scumbag College
08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm sure there will be alot of different combinations of players playing with each other on the DL during the course of the regular season. Being a "starting" DL doesn't mean a whole lot with the constant rotation of those players.

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Depending on the team, it wouldn't be as bad if they eagled the front into a bear, with Dareus on a guard, Kyle over center and Edwards over the other guard. In that front with Kelsay as an end and Merriman as a stand up end, the old school bear front could keep him clean despite the lack of range.

Its a rather large risk, but the bear could work...still don't like the OLB situation in that front though.

YardRat
08-02-2011, 07:37 PM
It's just training camp...there is going to be some shuffling around of guys, some experimentation with different looks and personnel packages, etc. I wouldn't read too much into it at this point, but I'd be lying if I refused to admit if Jasper and Troup truly do have the ability to anchor down the nose 1-2 and be effective I would be very excited about the potential of that line up.

DraftBoy
08-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Bear the front, kick Barnett to weakside OLB, Shepp at MLB...and Coleman/Moats/Batten at strongside I guess.

Was suggested to me on Twitter, so not my idea to take credit for. Like it more with Barnett outside.

YardRat
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Assuming Kyle Williams plays DE instead of NT. Jasper would have to beat out Kellen Heard for a #2 NT job... I think that is possible. The bigger issue is the numbers game on the DL. I see 5 or 6 being kept. Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Troup, Carrington may be it. For the 6th if they keep that many, Jasper would be in play.

I would be very surprised if they only kept 5. Pretty sure they started last season with 7.

BillsWin
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I think the bigger story here that is being missed is that Troup, a second year player, has shown enough to begin getting No. 1 reps at NT.

That my friends is a very good thing.

methos4ever
08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Bear the front, kick Barnett to weakside OLB, Shepp at MLB...and Coleman/Moats/Batten at strongside I guess.

Was suggested to me on Twitter, so not my idea to take credit for. Like it more with Barnett outside.
Good thinking. Again, only if there's a heavy run team (Jets) that you want to force them into passing. That pressure in Sanchez' face would be very helpful.

ServoBillieves
08-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Dareus - Troup - Williams is filthy.
Carrington - Jasper - Edwards (a great starter, too) is young and good depth.

Scrap Johnson, put Heard on the PS, and if theres an I.jury bring in some old talent.

If we go the the 43 I could see Kelsay - Williams - Dareus - Edwards, then have Barnett, Sheppard, and Moats, give Merriman a rest on run plays...

Eh, we'll see.

guy
08-02-2011, 08:37 PM
This would be ******ed if true. Dareus should be the NT Wow...do your homework my friend.

Goobylal
08-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Barnett was a 2nd team all-pro in 2007, as a 4-3 MLB.

TigerJ
08-02-2011, 08:59 PM
They are playing around with different lineups. At this point, because they are not going full speed, and are going most of the time without pads, the Bills' coaching staff is not really in a position to evaluate whether or not it actually works. May may see some of that lineup in some preseason games where they'll get a better feel for how well it'll work. It does not surprise me, however, that the Bills have confidence in Troup to man the middle.

Demon
08-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Is it the third week of the regular season or the third day of practice...?

That's what i thought.

acehole
08-02-2011, 09:10 PM
We have a sick DLine yo

they changed the front 3

dareus
troup
williams

edwards
jasper
carrington

johnson

tomz
08-02-2011, 10:00 PM
I think the bigger story here that is being missed is that Troup, a second year player, has shown enough to begin getting No. 1 reps at NT.

That my friends is a very good thing.

Agreed. Maybe all those 10+ yard gashes mentioned in the training camp reports made them realize that Williams is not a stout, hold the line type of NT and that they could use him differently.

baalworship
08-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Troupe looks like a different, much stronger player according to the early reports. I would love for him to play nose instead of Kyle Williams as he is a more natural 3-4 nose.

bflojohn
08-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Dont look now Bills fans, but here comes the 2010 draft! Still think Troup and Carrington were wasted picks? My thinking is to simply get the three best players on the field, pure and simple.

Demon
08-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Barnett was a 2nd team all-pro in 2007, as a 4-3 MLB.

Key part of this: 2007.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Dont look now Bills fans, but here comes the 2010 draft! Still think Troup and Carrington were wasted picks? My thinking is to simply get the three best players on the field, pure and simple.

great point. those 4 picks on d were fantastic

troup
carrington
moats
batten

awesome talent

DraftBoy
08-03-2011, 07:21 AM
great point. those 4 picks on d were fantastic

troup
carrington
moats
batten

awesome talent

Umm......

better days
08-03-2011, 07:57 AM

I expect Jasper to at least make the roster. Guys that big with that kind of athleticism are rare. If the Bills cut him to try & stash him on the PS, another team would pick him up off waivers in a heartbeat.

better days
08-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Umm......

How about awesome potential?

Philagape
08-03-2011, 08:02 AM
This is great news I've been waiting to hear. Put the three best players on the field, get Williams out of the middle and play a promising prospect over a mediocre vet

DesertFox24
08-03-2011, 08:04 AM
They are going to use different alignments with their D to keep teams off balance.

I expect the starters to be Edwards Williams Dareus in the normal base package.

Then there will be sub packages were Williams Troup Dareus will be in the lineup

Then there will be some alignments where Carrington Williams Darues/Edwards

The good thing is that we are actually having these conversations about having a deep DL, where last year we were screwed.

tampabay25690
08-03-2011, 08:09 AM

WHY?
Dareus in college at his best was lined up on the OT...

Extremebillsfan247
08-03-2011, 08:09 AM
This would be ******ed if true. Dareus should be the NTActually, it's a very smart move by Gailey. Both Dareus and Williams can be moved around on that line. Offenses wont know where these guys are coming from. With Merriman coming from the outside, you got Barnett lining em up<-(Experienced) and Moats mirroring the RB, a decent secondary, this defense has some real potential, assuming the key pieces to it can stay healthy. JMO

madness
08-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Various camp reports also noticed how the run game struggled yesterday. Coincidence?

tampabay25690
08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
I hear the Defense has been the better of the 2 groups.
Penetration has been a huge factor....

mysticsoto
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM

WGR this morning said they are renaming TC to the Shawne Merriman show. He, apparently, has been...outstanding!!!

mrbojanglezs
08-03-2011, 09:29 AM

That's what she said

WeAreArthurMoates
08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
I absolutely love the idea of Troup with Williams and Dareus, I've been pulling this all summer. Kyle will go consistantly one-one with tackles and Troup and Dareus eat up blocks. I realize kyle is short but he's going to consistantly win the leverage battle, this line, if it sticks will be great. Then you get Dwan, Alex and occasionally Jasper giving the starters a blow.

The Jokeman
08-03-2011, 09:44 AM
If our O is struggling against our D I am worried about our O. As say what you want but I don't think our 32nd rated D from a year isn't going to surpass a top 20 rating this year unless we find a true 3-4 NT and a dominate pass rushing OLB. I know there's hope with Merriman but I'll have to see it before I believe it. Yet with the adddition of Dareus, it might allow us to put in more 4-3 looks this season with a line of Kelsay/Merriman, Williams Dareus, Edwards could prove interesting.

madness
08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't look too much into it. Defense almost always has the upper hand in the beginning of camp.

DraftBoy
08-03-2011, 10:23 AM
How about awesome potential?

Ill take that.

DraftBoy
08-03-2011, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't look too much into it. Defense almost always has the upper hand in the beginning of camp.

Just because you all need to re-read this.

This is why most pre-season games are low scoring as well.

Ed
08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I love the idea of Kyle Williams playing some DE. If the younger guys like Troup and Dareus can take away some of the attention, I think Williams is going to have a monster year. Regardless of who the starters are, I expect all our D-lineman to get significant playing time in a variety of alignments.

How about in goaline and 4th and inches situations having a line that consists of Troup and Jasper in the middle with Williams and Dareus at the ends. That would be a lot of beef to move.

ddaryl
08-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Last camp report from mikey seemed to heavily favor the O

oak tree 12
08-03-2011, 06:49 PM
they changed the front 3

dareus
troup
williams

edwards
jasper
carrington

johnson

its training camp and they are installing and expirementing wit a lot of things just because they showed that today does not mean they are making any change.

williams is not a defensive end,he does not poessess the body frame to play the position.

get real boys freaking training camp.

B-DON
08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
its training camp and they are installing and expirementing wit a lot of things just because they showed that today does not mean they are making any change.

williams is not a defensive end,he does not poessess the body frame to play the position.

Lol. Thanks for the great insight

malvado78
08-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Thanks for setting us all straight.

Gailey must just be switching Williams to end to play tricks on our early oppents...

:fishy:

Ed
08-04-2011, 09:55 AM

This is funny. All I heard last year was that Williams doesn't have the body frame to play NT in a 3-4, but he went to the probowl. Now he can't play DE in a 3-4 either? Kyle Williams can play any D-line position in any formation. He's a straight up beast.

Spiderweb
08-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Troupe looks like a different, much stronger player according to the early reports. I would love for him to play nose instead of Kyle Williams as he is a more natural 3-4 nose.

Whether Troup has it or not will be interesting.Yet, Williams is truly a 4-3 tackle. I don't see tremendous success for him and the Bills if he lines up at DE.