PDA

View Full Version : Moats making the calls

madness
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Many aren't happy with Moats back on the inside but I don't believe for a second Gailey wouldn't move him out there in a pinch if needed. Apparently they think high enough of this kid that their pushing him to learn both inside and out.

Moats making the calls (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/02/moats-making-the-calls/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2011-08-02T19:36:51+0000"> August 2, 2011 – 7:36 pm </abbr> </small>

Bills LB Arthur Moats is manning an inside linebacker position in this camp, which is nothing new. He did the same thing last year as a rookie before going outside for most of the season. Now his move inside could be more permanent.
With Kelvin Sheppard out of the lineup (pulled muscle) fellow rookie Chris White has been manning the ‘mike’ linebacker position next to Moats in the second team defense on the inside. With White so new to the system, Moats is the one making the calls in the huddle.
“I’m in there with the young guy (White) when I’m with the twos I make most of the calls because I’m familiar with the system,” said Moats. ”Technically the ‘mike’ is supposed to be making the calls, but as long as we get the job done that’s all that matters.”
Both White and Sheppard are known as quick studies and should pick things up rather quickly, but the coaches have been brisk with installation and the rookies might find the pace and the volume of material a bit daunting.

WeAreArthurMoates
08-03-2011, 11:16 AM
I really like what there doing with Moats, there's no doubt in my mind he moves back outside once Sheppard and Barnett are back. They are forming him to be a versital player.

tampabay25690
08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Just put it this way.............

If we drafted VON MILLER Moats was going inside anyway...
I think this may have been the plan the whole time????

wmoz11
08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm really excited to watch our defense this year. Not because I think they'll be particularly good, but because with Barnett, Moats, Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Searcy, Carrington, Troup etc. there will be a lot of either new faces or young players stepping into larger roles.