X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Bills' Evans sees glass as half-full

Former defensive end Aaron Schobel left millions of dollars on the table when he retired, saying his heart was no longer in the game. Looking back, Schobel didn't retire from football. He retired from losing.

"It is tough, but that's part of being a professional," Evans said. "You still have to play the game the way it's meant to be played and you still have to compete to win. Anybody could go out there and just play. You still have to motivate yourself, play for your teammates, play for the people in the locker room, to push yourself to win."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Bills' Evans sees glass as half-full

His motivation is all the money he basically stole from the organization.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
      His motivation is all the money he basically stole from the organization.
      lol. it's his fault that he had six starting quarterbacks and four head coaches in his seven seasons.

Not to mention a qb named Trent who think anything more than 10 yards is a hailmary and a dumb HC who has a history of crappy offenses. Ask TO what playing with those 2 did to his career.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-03-2011, 11:00 AM.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Don't mention the fact that Stevie Johnson, a 6th round pick nobody basically, outperformed Lee's best year last year. But hey, don't let facts get in your way!

It's a shame that Calvin Johnson has looked so horrible with terrible QBs, terrible coaches and a terrible GM. Oh wait, he hasn't. My bad.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Don't mention the fact that Stevie Johnson, a 6th round pick nobody basically, outperformed Lee's best year last year. But hey, don't let facts get in your way!

It's a shame that Calvin Johnson has looked so horrible with terrible QBs, terrible coaches and a terrible GM. Oh wait, he hasn't. My bad.
          Comparing Calvin Johnson to Lee Evans? Come on now...
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            lol. it's his fault that he had six starting quarterbacks and four head coaches in his seven seasons.

Not to mention a qb named Trent who think anything more than 10 yards is a hailmary and a dumb HC who has a history of crappy offenses. Ask TO what playing with those 2 did to his career.
            Do you ever hold anyone associated with this team accountable for their own performance? Or is it always someone else's fault?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Do you ever hold anyone associated with this team accountable for their own performance? Or is it always someone else's fault?
              christ here we go

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Calvin would be the bet WR in football hands down if he were on a better team

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Larry Fitzgerald's played with quite a few bad QBs too but still has put up #1 WR numbers year after year. What's Lee's excuse?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

None of Calvin J's qb were named Trent Edwards. None of their coaches were named Dick Jauron. If Calvin came to the bills he would have sucked balls as evidenced by TO having his worst season EVER playing with those 2.

you want to talk facts?

offenses with Jauron as Head coach
                    bears: 8th,23,26,29,28
                    bills 30,30,25,30

don't blame talent, he had the power to make personel decisions

Even Jerry Rice in his prime would have sucked under Jauron. How do I know this? Dick would have his offense praticing vs. the 4-3 when their opponent plays the 3-4
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                      Larry Fitzgerald's played with quite a few bad QBs too but still has put up #1 WR numbers year after year. What's Lee's excuse?
                      huh? he played with warner and almost everytime Lienhart or someone else stepped in his number dropped dramatically...Ive had him on my fantasy team for years. Also Fitzgerald is also far better than Lee as it is anyways. He was average for the most part last year but came on strong at the end to put up a decent number of receptions
                      Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

I am willing to bet Lee is going to see less time on the field this year.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

None of Calvin J's qb were named Trent Edwards. None of their coaches were named Dick Jauron. If Calvin came to the bills he would have sucked balls as evidenced by TO having his worst season EVER playing with those 2.

you want to talk facts?

offenses with Jauron as Head coach
                          bears: 8th,23,26,29,28
                          bills 30,30,25,30

don't blame talent, he had the power to make personel decisions

Even Jerry Rice in his prime would have sucked under Jauron. How do I know this? Dick would have his offense praticing vs. the 4-3 when their opponent plays the 3-4
                          Those first two sentences make absolutely no sense. His QB was Jon Kitna and his coach was Rod Marinelli. Are we trying to see who had it worse?

The comparison is beyond stupid to begin with, why would you feed into it?
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                            see my last post before this. no matter how bad Fitz's qb's were, they were willing to throw the ball and Fitz main strength was to fight for passes thrown up for grabs. Lee is a burner. When you have a qb who refuses to throw the ball no futher than 10 yards and a coach who is all for it, a burner is useless. Again, lets not even use Fitz, ask TO.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                              huh? he played with warner and almost everytime Lienhart or someone else stepped in his number dropped dramatically...Ive had him on my fantasy team for years. Also Fitzgerald is also far better than Lee as it is anyways
                              I posted this elsewhere but are you aware Evans has put up twelve 100 yard receiving games in 109 games played? I'm guessing Fizgerald has almost doubled that despite both players coming out in the same NFL draft. I hate to pound on Lee as he's a great guy but far from great player as I even have his replica jersey yet he truly is Terry Glenn 2.0.
                              Last edited by The Jokeman; 08-03-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X