PDA

View Full Version : Just found out something interesting

Sportsuser101
08-03-2011, 11:18 AM
That Carlos Rogers, Ty Warren and Tommie Harris all once top players just signed yesterday with teams for very little money. I remember when these guys were top 5 at their respective positions. Would have given any of these guys a shot if I were Buffalo. It's amazing how some guys fall so quickly in the NFL.

The Jokeman
08-03-2011, 11:23 AM
That Carlos Rogers, Ty Warren and Tommie Harris all once top players just signed yesterday with teams for very little money. I remember when these guys were top 5 at their respective positions. Would have given any of these guys a shot if I were Buffalo. It's amazing how some guys fall so quickly in the NFL.
The only of those you listed that I'd consider ever were top flight would be Tommie Harris. That said yes players are very much like stocks.

madness
08-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Harris has been done for about 3 seasons now. His knees are shot and never played within the scheme. He wasn't even worth a $3 million roster bonus.

Night Train
08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Back To The Future moves of players past their prime are a waste of time for teams not sniffing the playoffs.

They just take away time from the young players the Bills wish to develop.

DraftBoy
08-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Rogers, and Gholston are guys I wouldn't of minded us taking a look at.

ghz in pittsburgh
08-03-2011, 12:24 PM
All the players the Bills signed are expected to be here a few years.

On this front, I'm with Nix - what's the point getting a vet who helps this season while we not going anywhere?

Dr. Lecter
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Gholston?

He has done the impossible in his career and been WORSE than Maybin.

Ickybaluky
08-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Gholston?

He has done the impossible in his career and been WORSE than Maybin.

Would be funny for them to be on the same team, though. It would be a race to see who can get their first career sack.

streetkings01
08-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Gholston?

He has done the impossible in his career and been WORSE than Maybin.I'm hoping he means DeShaun Gholston........49ers FA FS

The Jokeman
08-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Gholston is already in camp with the Bears.

Ickybaluky
08-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm hoping he means DeShaun Gholston........49ers FA FS

His name is Dashon Goldson, though.