• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

*Rumor* Bills in conversation with Houston regarding trade for a TE

This RUMOR is coming from a fan at the buffalobills.com forums

Basically he said local Houston Sports radio (Radio "1560 the Game") is talking about a Bills Texans trade

They have a few TE's and need to shave some salary to get under the cap from what i understand.

texas is a little over $118 mil

They have Daniels, Casey, Dreessen, Hill, and Grant
    the only one that I would assume would really help them shave salary is Daniels who would be a heluva catch.. He counts $6.5 mil this year

Dreessen costs a little over $900K this year...

Last edited by ddaryl; 08-03-2011, 03:49 PM.

• jcdavey
    • Dec 2006

Re: *Rumor* Bills in conversation with Houston regarding trade for a TE

isn't boss still a FA?

why not just get him

unless he's injured, boss was a BOSS in ny

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

I would literally laugh if we traded for Daniels. Just because it would be absolutely hysterical to me to see how people will react when he ends up with like 30 catches for the year at 6.5 million.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

It came from bb.com? I'll believe it when the TE shows up in camp then.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
          It came from bb.com? I'll believe it when the TE shows up in camp then.
          I fully agree.. hence the big *RUMOR* in the title

but knowing most everyone wants a TE upgrade and a major cut down day coming this could have some merit

Thought it would at least be of interest to share here... Regardless it will be equally interesting to see if the Texans cut a TE if no trade is made

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
            I fully agree.. hence the big *RUMOR* in the title

but knowing most everyone wants a TE upgrade and a major cut down day coming this could have some merit

Thought it would at least be of interest to share here... Regardless it will be equally interesting to see if the Texans cut a TE if no trade is made
            Those first three guys are essentially just H-backs anyway. Probably would be used more as receivers than true TE's.
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

Looks like Houston is 8.5 million over the cap according to this report

Daniels signed a new contract in March.....
              four-year extension $22 million.. which is actually quite affordable for guy like Daniels IMO
              Last edited by ddaryl; 08-03-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                Will not tolerate vandalism.
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl
                Looks like Houston is 8.5 million over the cap according to this report

Daniels signed a new contract in March.....
                four-year extension $22 million.. which is actually quite affordable for guy like Daniels IMO
                The offense's version of Chris Kelsay by the looks of it.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                  Owen Daniels? His only negative would be injuries. If he's healthy...the guy's got serious talent. Completely unlike Chris Kelsay, who has serious non-talent and never gets injured.
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Crisis
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

I would literally laugh if we traded for Daniels. Just because it would be absolutely hysterical to me to see how people will react when he ends up with like 30 catches for the year at 6.5 million.
                    Who cares how much people make? It's not like we're right up against the cap.

6.5 isn't terrible for Daniels, especially not for a team like us.
                    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                    Vanek is Austrian not European
                    Originally posted by Prov401
                    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                    Originally posted by better days
                    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                      are you serious ????

Originally posted by Crisis

$22 for 4 years isn't a bad deal at all...

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

I think Casey is the guy they'd want... he's as balanced as can be.
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Crisis

It's a waste of money for a guy who'd serve little to no purpose in the offense.

You don't spend just to spend, you spend to get better.

Getting a 6.5 million dollar guy when he doesn't fit into the offensive style Gailey employs would not only be foolish but outright stupid.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            • Jan 2005

not much buzz outside of BB.com on this one.. You would have ot think if it was local radio the texan forums would be lighting up some

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Why would Houston sign Daniels to a 4-year extension for big money and then trade him? Don't tell me the cap, because bonus acceleration on the trade would kill the savings.

Houston can easily maneuver under the cap. They just have to cut a couple guys or re-work a couple contracts.

Comment

Working...
                              X