• Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

What other teams do you pull for?

in the nfl -

Atlanta Falcons
    Cleveland Browns

i am a Virginia Tech alum, so with atlantas pick of Vick, i instantly became a fan. now with half the bills there, it just makes it that much easier.

my best friend growing up was always a browns fan, and his dad used to take me with them to a sports bar for the browns backers.. i would get a small tv with the bills on it if i was lucky, but ended up watching the browns a lot.

NHL - Detriot red wings

steve yzerman is my personal idol.

btw, the two other nfl teams are a far second to my bills.

:horse:
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

i more root againts other teams....i root against the giants and jets...so whoever they play i am a fan of...when it comes to jets/fins..thats always a tough call....i actually went to a jets/fins game here...very strange
    Thank you.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Forgive me, but having a "second favorite team" is queer. You root for one team and one team only.

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, I tend to watch more players than teams. It can be exciting to watch Vick, McNabb, Moss, etc. I don't really root for them, but more simply watch.

I don't follow any other pro sports anymore. Too much nonsense and selfishness amongst players.

I really enjoy triple/double A baseball, even single A and collegiate although I don't watch too much simply b/c there really isn't too much right near where I live.

I love soccer, but only the Rochester teams whether they remain A league or turn to the majors. Also, good H.S. sports I find enjoyable. Football in particular along w/ soccer.

Heck, I don't even hate the Dolphins, Pats, or Jets like some do. I view them as hearty opponents that if we can't beat, then they are the better team. It's not their fault if they beat us, it's ours for one reason or another/others! I prefer that we do better obviously, but don't particularly care how well they do. If anything, I prefer that they do well too, just not as well as us. That keeps the division strong, gives us good playoff experience and preps the team for a playoff run, and makes us look even better if we do well.

I hope to attend some UMD football games this fall in addition to at least 4 Bills games.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
          Forgive me, but having a "second favorite team" is queer. You root for one team and one team only.
          I'm with ya!

I often root for a team on a "game-by-game" basis in order that we may not have to play a certain team, or if a team that I believe got to where they were unfairly such as a game-changing call in the playoffs. But on the season, I don't root for any other team generally speaking.

I never mind seeing Jerry Jones' Dallas teams get dusted, or teams like Oakland or Washington trying to "buy themselves" a championship losing, so I might passively root against them simply b/c of their owners and/or strategical tactics and such. But it's not like I get PO'd if they do well.

Viva La Rob Johnson...!!!

too, just in case there's any "confusion!"
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

My closet team would have to be the Falcons, I love watching Vick, he's amazing. I've always love Reese the coach as well, thought he was a clase act. I did root for the Pats against the Rams in the SB..I usually root for any AFCE team that's makes it to the SB..even your Bills those 4 times they went..I figure anybody who gets though this division and have enough left to get to the SB deserves my respect...we usually beat upon each other pretty well.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

I really don't root for any other teams in the NFL. I root for my fantasy football players from other teams, but that's about it. In other sports:

college football: PENN STATE!!!
              college basketball: North Carolina (my first memory of watching Carolina was when they beat Georgetown for the national championship; James Worthy was just awesome that night!)
              pro basketball: Houston Rockets ( I was losing interest in pro ball, until my Rockets pulled off the deal to bring Stevie Franchise to Houston!! He's incredible, and he'll only get better.)

That's about it. I don't care for baseball much, and I have no favorites in individual sports like boxing or track and field.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

I like the Browns. Cool City, Cool team, Old School uni's. But I wouldn't say I'm an avid follower. I used to spend the whole season rooting against teams but now I try and enjoy the games more (Except Dolphins games. I always pull for the underdog or the team that's behind so I can see an exciting finish (except for when the Dolphins are behind). And I only hate one team, The Dolphins.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Jaded 7
                  Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                  • Jul 2002

I like the Cowboys, the Saints and the Giants. :)

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                  Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                  The only answer I found for all this hurt
                  Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• cordog
                    eat, drink, and be merry
                    • Apr 2003

I root for any team i bet on. But of couse usually i root for whoever is playing against the Pats, Dolfs, and Jets.

Baseball- Pirates, although there really isnt much there to root for

Hockey- Sabres, once again there isnt much to root for

Basketball- Orlando, T-MAC is the BOMB

Comment

• Pride
                      • Jul 2002

I like to see the browns do well.. they are a throwback type of team. Cleveland is alot like Buffalo...

they are a traditional team... and, as long as they dont interfere with each other, always root for them to win.

Comment

• ryven
                        • Jan 2003

The only other team I root for is the steelers.

Comment

• Sabre11
                          • Aug 2002

NONE.

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

i HATE most NFL teams. the 49ers being on the top of that list.

but, i can deal with the Rams, the Packers, and sometimes the Giants.
                            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

I root for the Bills and whoever is playing the Dolphins.

Comment

Working...
                              X