PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tim Graham?

BillsWin
08-04-2011, 10:58 AM
What happened to the ESPN AFC EAST writer Tim Graham?

He gave the Bills excellent coverage and now the AFC East blog is a pile of manure.

Where is he now?

DraftBoy
08-04-2011, 11:02 AM
What happened to the ESPN AFC EAST writer Tim Graham?

He gave the Bills excellent coverage and now the AFC East blog is a pile of manure.

Where is he now?

He is with the Buffalo News I believe.

Ed
08-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Maybe he got fired? His picture doesn't show up anymore like any of the other division bloggers, and all the afc east postings are from espn.com staff.

BillsWin
08-04-2011, 11:03 AM

That would be awesome if he is.

But now ESPN's coverage of the Bills is absolutely nothing. I hope they get a new blogger soon because the AFC East blog is ridiculous.

hydro
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM

Correct.

elltrain22
08-04-2011, 11:07 AM
He's on this board disguised as Blame Canada.

Ickybaluky
08-04-2011, 11:13 AM
He got a job with the Buffalo News, but he isn't covering sports. He will be an investigative reporter, something I guess he has aspired to be.

He wrote a goodbye piece for ESPN, but they pulled it and walked him out once he gave his notice. Because of the way ESPN handled it, it appeared like he just disappeared one day.

DraftBoy
08-04-2011, 11:15 AM
He got a job with the Buffalo News, but he isn't covering sports. He will be an investigative reporter, something I guess he has aspired to be.

He wrote a goodbye piece for ESPN, but they pulled it and walked him out once he gave his notice. Because of the way ESPN handled it, it appeared like he just disappeared one day.

ESPN is getting an awfully nasty reputation for how they are strong arming some of their journalists. Most recently Bruce Feldman.

sdbillsfan2
08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Tim Graham

[/URL]
Enterprise reporter at The Buffalo News (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#)[URL="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1077009069"]Jason K. Phillips (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1077009069)
timmie boy! your no longer with ESPN?! as of when!? .... what schmuck do i have to go to now for AFC East news!!!!?

<input name="charset_test" value="€,´,€,´,水,Д,Є" type="hidden"><input autocomplete="off" name="post_form_id" value="dd3a9587eeae340e696b8b134fda3087" type="hidden"><input name="fb_dtsg" value="AQCHqk09" autocomplete="off" type="hidden"><input autocomplete="off" name="feedback_params" value="{&quot;actor&quot;:&quot;1077009069&quot;,&quot;target_fbid&quot;:&quot;259708417373115&quot;,&quot;target_profile_id&quot;:&quot;100000018762035&quot;,&quot;type_id&quot;:&quot;100&quot;,&quot;source&quot;:&quot;0&quot;,&quot;assoc_obj_id&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;source_app_id&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;extra_story_params&quot;:[],&quot;content_timestamp&quot;:&quot;1312449197&quot;,&quot;check_hash&quot;:&quot;c5b0345a5fc74771&quot;}" type="hidden"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=259708417373115&id=1077009069"><abbr title="Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 2:13am" data-date="Thu, 04 Aug 2011 02:13:17 -0700" class="timestamp"></abbr>Tim Graham (http://www.facebook.com/Tim.Graham.ESPN) I've been gone for a couple weeks. No replacement yet, but they're working on it.

<abbr title="Thursday, August 4, 2011 at 7:58am" data-date="Thu, 04 Aug 2011 07:58:11 -0700" class="timestamp"></abbr><button class="stat_elem as_link cmnt_like_link" type="submit" name="like_comment_id[3912674]" value="3912674" title="Like this comment"></button>

from his facebook page 8/4/11

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Actually he is on the boards, I know him, but I am not telling who he is.

WeAreArthurMoates
08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Tim G partying up at a tailgate now since he's no longer covering sports. If he is, I will be the first to offer hm a brew.

Figster
08-04-2011, 11:43 AM

ESPN's loss... Buffalo News's gain... Tim will make a great investigative reporter...one of the best at digging up a good story ...

mikemac2001
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Ya always liked his stuff

ESPN sucks tho

bluerosekiller
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Glad to hear he's starting back up with The News.
Though, I'll miss his voice on sports. During his last stint at the paper he was a stellar boxing writer & we all know the quality of work he produced at ESPN.

Coach Sal
08-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Actually he is on the boards, I know him, but I am not telling who he is.

Maybe it's you?

And still awaiting your answer in the thread where you posted "not a fan." I'd really appreciate an honest response. Hope you didn't just "post and dodge?!" That wouldn't be cool. You could even PM me if you'd prefer.

Coach Sal
08-04-2011, 12:22 PM
By the way, I'm really happy for Tim. He's a great guy who loves Buffalo. I'm sure he made a great choice for his career and himself.

sdbillsfan2
08-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Hey Sal....you need to update that BZ profile bro...unless NY is now the sunshine state. :peace: congrats again on the move.

Coach Sal
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey Sal....you need to update that BZ profile bro...unless NY is now the sunshine state. :peace: congrats again on the move.

It's always sunny in Buffalo, isn't it?!?!

I will.......but I'm not in NY yet. A few more weeks here.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be sure to update it!

THATHURMANATOR
08-04-2011, 01:22 PM
He got mad at me on Twitter the other day.... :(

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Maybe it's you?

And still awaiting your answer in the thread where you posted "not a fan." I'd really appreciate an honest response. Hope you didn't just "post and dodge?!" That wouldn't be cool. You could even PM me if you'd prefer.

You want to know why I don't care for you?

Coach Sal
08-04-2011, 01:52 PM
You want to know why I don't care for you?

I want to know why you don't care for my shows or what it is you don't like about them?

If you "don't care for me" personally, that would be odd, considering you never met me and have no idea what I'm like or about. I didn't really think of it like that because I can't imagine people make those kinds of shallow judgements.

But, if that's the case, sure. Shoot.

Demon
08-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Maybe it's you?

Bull ****! This is the billszone family, keep it in the open for everyone else to enjoy... :-)

Coach Sal
08-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Bull ****! This is the billszone family, keep it in the open for everyone else to enjoy... :-)

Hahaha, it doesn't really matter, I guess.

I just really do take all praise and criticisms seriously and use them to improve. So, that's why I asked. But oh well........

Dr. Lecter
08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
My biggest criticism is that you are a Yankees fan. Just sayin'

BillsWin
08-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Jerry! Jerry! :popcorn:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I had a run in with you last year, but regardless, I listened to one of your shows and frankly I thought it was pretty boring. I wouldn't think that much of it because a lot of sports guys annoy me. I can't tell you if you got better, but I only listened for a segment or two and that was all I could handle. I wouldn't say anything about you as a person, like you said, I don't know you. I wasn't impressed with you on the radio, that is all. I also find it annoying when the sports guys do things like "I broke this story to you...."

CuseJetsFan83
08-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Tim graham was my favorite espn blogger good pickup by buffalo news / our meddage board (if true ;)

JCBills
08-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Never been upstate in the winter? Nothing but sun!!!

:rofl:

bluerosekiller
08-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Hopefully, the News will let Tim handle their boxing stories ( if he should choose to, of course ) as well as his investigative stories. Because he really was one of the best.
Fact is, he's a much better boxing writer than Dan Rafael who handles those duties at ESPN.
I'd put him right up there with Thomas Hauser.

Coach Sal
08-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I had a run in with you last year, but regardless, I listened to one of your shows and frankly I thought it was pretty boring. I wouldn't think that much of it because a lot of sports guys annoy me. I can't tell you if you got better, but I only listened for a segment or two and that was all I could handle. I wouldn't say anything about you as a person, like you said, I don't know you. I wasn't impressed with you on the radio, that is all. I also find it annoying when the sports guys do things like "I broke this story to you...."

OK, fair enough. But run-ins happen on MBs. You never know what kind of mood you catch people in or how something comes across that wasn't intended. So, if I offended you in any way in this "run-in," I apologize. That's not normally my style.

Sorry you thought it was boring. The show isn't for everyone. I think a lot of people like it and it's been the main source of me gaining on opportunity to be "mainstream" in Buffalo, after a log time of trying.

As far as breaking stories, I've broken several regarding the Bills, but other than my resume (which I don't think you've seen, but maybe you work at Entercom :) ) and my bio on my website stating them, I've never thrown it around/bragged that I broke them. Not once I can even recall in print or spoken media. The reason is because I think that if you have to do that, then you're admitting you're not relevant enough to normally get them. And I've never wanted to take that approach. So, you may hate when people do that, but I'm not one who has.

Otherwise, I appreciate the feedback.

Mike13
08-04-2011, 09:55 PM
I was wondering what was up with ESPN's AFCE blog.

DraftBoy
08-05-2011, 07:14 AM
I dont know what Tim Graham's intentions are but I do know he still does tweet about football some.

TigerJ
08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Cool that he might be posting. I only know I'm not him since I'm a United Methodist preacher.