PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Quarterback Levi Brown

justasportsfan
08-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Aight. Which one of you wrote this?

Brown was given very minimal reps in practice, fighting for snaps behind incumbent starter Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm. He was then sent into preseason game action and understandably struggled. The team allowed for him to put bad tape out there for the rest of the league and then released him, without adding him to the practice squad until Edwards was jettisoned after two weeks of horrid play. Brown got a few sniffs from the Patriots and Steelers during that two-week window, but nothing materialized during his group workout with the teams.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/785275-buffalo-bills-qb-levi-brown-dont-sleep-on-the-future-of-the-franchise

BillyT92679
08-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Levi MIGHT be cut.
But I wonder because of the change to the third QB rule it might mean he stays?

Michael82
08-04-2011, 11:52 AM
He'll be cut after the 2nd pre-season game, IMO. Although, I could see them bringing him back to the practice squad.

QB depth chart will be:

Ryan Fitzpatrick...Tyler Thigpen...Brad Smith

Extremebillsfan247
08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
He'll be cut after the 2nd pre-season game, IMO. Although, I could see them bringing him back to the practice squad.

QB depth chart will be:

Ryan Fitzpatrick...Tyler Thigpen...Brad SmithThis year they may be able to keep all 4 on the roster. Smith is a QB on the team but can always carry other labels like KR, WR, etc.. But you may be right.

ddaryl
08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Buh Bye Levi.. nice knowing you

justasportsfan
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM

QB depth chart will be:

Ryan Fitzpatrick...Tyler Thigpen...Brad Smith
how has he looked at camp?

trapezeus
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
that guy's scouting report was terrible. he had him graded as a second round to third round pick. levi went in round 7.

i thought levi would have been the ideal number 2 this year prior to thigpen's signing. it would have meant if fitz went down, we would have groomed our number 2 with awful losses, picked up luck and then moved forward.

justasportsfan
08-04-2011, 12:27 PM
that guy's scouting report was terrible. he had him graded as a second round to third round pick. levi went in round 7.

i thought levi would have been the ideal number 2 this year prior to thigpen's signing. it would have meant if fitz went down, we would have groomed our number 2 with awful losses, picked up luck and then moved forward.
forget Luck. WE're taking Barkley or Landry Jones

acehole
08-04-2011, 12:55 PM
We are a QB career ender.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/785275-buffalo-bills-qb-levi-brown-dont-sleep-on-the-future-of-the-franchise

justasportsfan
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM

Oh crap. Jauron is still our headcoach? Someone forgot to tell me.

Michael82
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
how has he looked at camp?

Terrible at times, alright at other times.

justasportsfan
08-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Terrible at times, alright at other times.
that was Fitz last year at camp.

Michael82
08-04-2011, 01:00 PM
This year they may be able to keep all 4 on the roster. Smith is a QB on the team but can always carry other labels like KR, WR, etc.. But you may be right.

This team is too deep at some other positions, like CB and WR...why would they want to waste a roster spot and carry 4 QBs?

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I love the internet, it allows anyone to become a sports writer. Regardless, I couldn't read Mrs. Levi Brown's article.

acehole
08-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Michael82
08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
that was Fitz last year at camp.

It's Fitz again this year too!

TigerJ
08-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't presume to know much about Levi Brown and his ability to play QB. I do know that for guys who were late draft picks or undrafted free agents it's about getting a chance. There are probably some guys who have a great deal of upside that none the less get washed out of football for lack of an opportunity. I don't know whether or not Brown has that kind of upside, but looking at the circumstances in Buffalo, he's likely to get washed out here. Maybe he can catch on somewhere else if that happens, but there are a couple dozen other QB prospects who will be thinking the same thing. There are a lot more guys looking for a shot than there are opportunities.