PDA

View Full Version : Question

Maximilli
08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Is Ashton youboty still on this team

psubills62
08-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Nope, I believe he was not tendered by the team and is thus a free agent.

Mr. Pink
08-05-2011, 03:01 PM
He is currently not on any team.

Ed
08-05-2011, 03:30 PM
So the top 4 picks from our 06 draft and the top 4 picks from our 07 draft are not on the team anymore. Nice work Marv.

better days
08-05-2011, 04:53 PM
So the top 4 picks from our 06 draft and the top 4 picks from our 07 draft are not on the team anymore. Nice work Marv.

Yet some people don't understand why it is taking Nix so long to fix this team.

Buddo
08-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Yo Booty, actually has enough talent to play in the NFL. There have been games when he's been our best CB. Problem is, he's a walking injury.
I think our FO and Coaches are very much aligned these days in the old school adage, that the most valuable players on a roster, are those that turn up ready to play every Sunday.
TBH, if I was a GM in need of help at CB, I'd be seriously looking at Yo Booty, to see if he could stay fit. I'm not sure exactly why he fell out of favour with the new coaches, maybe his neck didn't fit, but I do think the kid has more than enough talent to play in the NFL.
I'd rather have him on the roster than Corner, for example.
Still, it's all a moot point anyway, as we do have a decent crop of CBs anyway atm.

jamesiscool
08-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Yo Booty, actually has enough talent to play in the NFL. There have been games when he's been our best CB. Problem is, he's a walking injury.
I think our FO and Coaches are very much aligned these days in the old school adage, that the most valuable players on a roster, are those that turn up ready to play every Sunday.
TBH, if I was a GM in need of help at CB, I'd be seriously looking at Yo Booty, to see if he could stay fit. I'm not sure exactly why he fell out of favour with the new coaches, maybe his neck didn't fit, but I do think the kid has more than enough talent to play in the NFL.
I'd rather have him on the roster than Corner, for example.
Still, it's all a moot point anyway, as we do have a decent crop of CBs anyway atm.

Now I'm not one to call anyone out on why someone is better than anyone else on any roster, but I would much rather have an able bodied player on my team than someone who is constantly injured and can't hit the field. Yes Youboty has talent but I can't remember one game where he has really stood out or taken over. In a skill position, drafted in the first half of the draft, and being marginal at best and injured vs someone drafted one round later, hitting the field on a regular basis and being a serviceable dime back, I would much rather have the guy that doesn't weigh 170 on a good day.

reggie corner will never be a starter in this league for anyone, but for a dime back we could be way worse off. He;s better than Chris Watson!!

jamesiscool
08-06-2011, 03:02 AM
And If I do remember correctly Gailey has been quoted as saying he would much rather have "gamers" rather than practice players. I cant supply a link but I do remember a press conference where he may ave said that or I'm a terrible liar, point is corner is there on game day. You know what you're going to get out of him. some may call that settling for mediocrity but lets be rea here, we're talking about a dime back, there are MUCH more important positions to worry about on the D, like OLB ILB and who is going to actually stay healthy/step up at CB. With McGee being a walking question mark and McKelvin not living up to his draft status in Jaroun's DB happy drafts, we have much bigger things to worry about rather than a dime back. GO #BILLSMAFIA

BertSquirtgum
08-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Long neck bottle sucks and hopefully never comes back.