PDA

View Full Version : What Gailey told Thigpen

BLeonard
08-06-2011, 08:30 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/05/what-gailey-told-thigpen/

“When I called Tyler I told him exactly the situation,” said Gailey. ”Ryan (Fitzpatrick) is the starter and there’s no question about that. You can compete and work and see how close you can get and that’ll be good, but Ryan is the starter.”

Just thought that this was intresting...

-Bill

Extremebillsfan247
08-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah, that pretty much means its Fitz's job to lose at this point. Not surprising at all in my opinion. This whole team is behind Fitz right now.

mikemac2001
08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
He would lose the team if he said he didn't know who the starter was

This is Fitz team right now. And when was the last time we had a team behind one qb

Night Train
08-06-2011, 10:28 AM
That's fine.

We finally have some order with the starting lineup on Offense. It's been a long time since we could say that. Less distractions and more time to get ready.

jamze132
08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
The last thing Buffalo needs is a QB controversy with two average QBs.

Nighthawk
08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
If they give Fitz a new contract, this organization is dumber then I thought! The guy did absolutely nothing to make anybody think he is deserving of a new contract...especially starter money.

CoolBreeze
08-07-2011, 02:20 AM
He would lose the team if he said he didn't know who the starter was

This is Fitz team right now. And when was the last time we had a team behind one qb

That's a great point! When was the last time we had a team behind one QB? I believe it was Drew Bledsoe from 2002 to 2004, but we all remember how that went....to crap!

better days
08-07-2011, 07:56 AM
If they give Fitz a new contract, this organization is dumber then I thought! The guy did absolutely nothing to make anybody think he is deserving of a new contract...especially starter money.

If Fitz plays great this year, he will get a contract a starter deserves. If his play is meh they can start Thigpen next year until the QB they draft is ready to start.

YardRat
08-07-2011, 08:39 AM

He'll get starter money before the season is 3/4 old.

better days
08-07-2011, 11:04 AM

I hope you are right because that would mean he has played great & the Bills finally have a QB.

Nighthawk
08-07-2011, 01:26 PM

Let him show something first, otherwise just another stupid Buffalo Bills move.

trapezeus
08-07-2011, 01:33 PM
That was the genius of thigpen. He is essentially fitz part 2. So if fitz isn't worth resigning we still have an average qb that chan can work with before luck takes over.

ublinkwescore
08-07-2011, 01:37 PM

god I hope so... provided it is merited.

ublinkwescore
08-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I hope you are right because that would mean he has played great & the Bills finally have a QB.

if the bills finally have a qb, we should be a playoff threat year in and year out. I'm crossing my fingers for fitz to be that qb.

LET'S GO AMISH RIFLE!!!

Charlieguide
08-07-2011, 05:53 PM
if the bills finally have a qb, we should be a playoff threat year in and year out. I'm crossing my fingers for fitz to be that qb.

LET'S GO AMISH RIFLE!!!

I'll wait until we get a defense before I even consider playoffs at all, let alone consistently.

I will agree that Fitz has given me hope, though. He's the best QB we've had in a long time. Hopefully he's more than just another Derek Anderson.