PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jasper a plus-size Refrigerator Perry

YardRat
08-07-2011, 06:56 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110807/SPORTS03/108070338

During a recent night practice live-tackling segment, the nose tackle fought off a couple blockers in the trenches, then hustled to pursue the play all the way to the sideline, and he looked effortless doing it. Then he trotted back to the huddle for the next snap.

"He's some kind of genetic deal," general manager Buddy Nix said with a smile. "He doesn't get tired, he bounces when he runs. Most 400-pounders, when you see them, they're sloppy. He's not."

Nix remembered the first time he got a look at Jasper, and he was admittedly surprised.

"Matt picked me up at the airport in Missouri; I was there to see (Missouri QB) Blaine Gabbert, and he had the video on this guy," Nix recalled. "I thought it might be just another whim, but after seeing him on that video, I told Matt to stay on it and pursue it, and he did and we drafted him."

Luisito23
08-07-2011, 07:06 AM
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q5QsgktDGm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

better days
08-07-2011, 07:42 AM
<IFRAME height=349 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q5QsgktDGm8" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

For such a big guy, it is amazing how well he moves.

ServoBillieves
08-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Such a beast. He's a fan favorite since he's the long shot/little(er... Big) guy. I'm on the bandwagon, hope he pans out.

Also, that does have to just be good football genes.

YardRat
08-07-2011, 08:08 AM
These young kids are going to be fun to watch. I can't tell you how much I'm rooting for Jasper to succeed.

ublinkwescore
08-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I would love to feel compelled to get this guy's jersey.

X-Era
08-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I got to watch him Friday at practice and he is nasty. He owned whomever was in front of him and blew them back and tossed them around. At one point he blew back a double team. He looks a bit clueless and will miss where the play is going but as far as getting push goes, he won;t have any trouble. Dude is huge.

I think he can make the roster.

scartown
08-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I just want to see how he will be after a year in a NFL weight and conditioning program. He makes the roster this year and should contribute some next year. Can't wait! :)

better days
08-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I got to watch him Friday at practice and he is nasty. He owned whomever was in front of him and blew them back and tossed them around. At one point he blew back a double team. He looks a bit clueless and will miss where the play is going but as far as getting push goes, he won;t have any trouble. Dude is huge.

If the Bills cut him, another team will pick him up for sure. He is too HUGE to hide on the practice squad.

ublinkwescore
08-07-2011, 01:32 PM
buffalo won't cut him you can count on that. hitting on a seventh rounder is what keeps you employed both as a coach and as a gm. they need him to pan out, and will give him plenty of time.

Akhippo
08-07-2011, 02:03 PM
If we can hit on a seventh round nose tackle that will anchor for the next 6-7 years, that will be a coup. One of the most important positions of a 34 and we got him for a 7th.. fingers crossed.

Now if only we can find two stud rush ends and a SS.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-07-2011, 02:12 PM
With as much trouble as this team has had in run defense, I don't think it's any question that Jasper will make this team. If he lives up to his potential he'll be a beast in the middle of the D-line.

ublinkwescore
08-07-2011, 02:56 PM

if he has no trouble getting that push, he will make this team - no question. that is what creates disruption. it will throw off the QB and allow our linebackers to squeeze up into the O's backfield and stuff runningbacks - if Jasper and or Dareus don't finish them off first. I am actually quite excited about this upcoming season.

X-Era
08-07-2011, 03:02 PM
if he has no trouble getting that push, he will make this team - no question. that is what creates disruption. it will throw off the QB and allow our linebackers to squeeze up into the O's backfield and stuff runningbacks - if Jasper and or Dareus don't finish them off first. I am actually quite excited about this upcoming season.On the handful of plays I watched of him, he moved the pile. I don't consider him a lock for the roster yet. I want to see what he does in preseason games.

djjimkelly
08-07-2011, 03:30 PM
buffalo won't cut him you can count on that. hitting on a seventh rounder is what keeps you employed both as a coach and as a gm. they need him to pan out, and will give him plenty of time.

not that we are in any sort of cap trouble but based on what he makes if hes shows anything and with his cap number we would be fools to get rid of him

better days
08-07-2011, 04:52 PM
On the handful of plays I watched of him, he moved the pile. I don't consider him a lock for the roster yet. I want to see what he does in preseason games.

I would hate to see the Bills cut a guy that can move the pile. He is a rare physical specimen & another team would snatch him up in a heartbeat.

Charlieguide
08-07-2011, 05:35 PM
How has he done vs. starters?

mysticsoto
08-07-2011, 09:23 PM
How has he done vs. starters?

He can move anybody backward one on one. He moved Hangartner (who was our starter last year) back with ease. What he needs to work on is technique to shed blockers and splitting double teams, etc - as that's pretty much what he'll always be seeing. And he'll need to be evaluated in preseason to ensure he can tackle well and stop the run. He could stand to lose another 20-25 lbs - though it may not hamper him at all...I think it would make him even faster. But all in all, I'd be surprised if he didn't make the roster based on what he's shown already!

BertSquirtgum
08-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Hopefully the Bills found their next Pat Williams. I hope they don't let Jasper leave too if he turns out to be the real deal.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-07-2011, 11:35 PM
lionel dotson could give him a run for his money, but jasper could make it on power alone.

Goobylal
08-07-2011, 11:39 PM
He'll make the roster. Everyone knew going in that he was a project, so they'll give him a chance to learn and see where he's at later in the season or next year.

justasportsfan
08-08-2011, 07:40 AM
He'll likely take Spencer Johnsons spot

The last buffalo fan
08-08-2011, 11:57 AM
He'll likely take Spencer Johnsons spot

I don't like him at all, so I'll be more than happy with this move! :up: