PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame

YardRat
08-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Anybody catch the ceremony, or highlights?

better days
08-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Anybody catch the ceremony, or highlights?

I didn't bother to watch, but if anybody wants to read about it, profootball.com has a good write up of each inductee.

Night Train
08-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Ed Sabol would have been the only one that would have interested me. Many guys tend to ramble during their speech and with Sanders and Sharpe there, I could only imagine that probablilty was double.

Still, congrats to all.

YardRat
08-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Hell, I forgot it was this weekend.

Billz_fan
08-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I always make sure to watch it each year. It wasn't to bad. Deon did sound a little like a southern Baptist minister at the podium. His time as mostly talking about his mom and a long list of thank you names read off. Shannon did like 25 minutes talking about his grandmother for of it and Sterling for the rest. He made a nice statement saying he was the only Hall of Famer who was the 2nd best player in his family. Kind of nice. Chris Hanburger was good ! he was funny which was unexpected.

Now one of the coolest things was the video that Steve Sabol made for his father Ed Sabol on his induction. You can watch it here and I think you should watch it if you have not :up:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-of-fame/09000d5d821438ba/2011-HOF-Steve-Sabol-presents-Ed-Sabol

Night Train
08-07-2011, 09:18 AM
I always make sure to watch it each year. It wasn't to bad. Deon did sound a little like a southern Baptist minister at the podium. His time as mostly talking about his mom and a long list of thank you names read off. Shannon did like 25 minutes talking about his grandmother for of it and Sterling for the rest. He made a nice statement saying he was the only Hall of Famer who was the 2nd best player in his family. Kind of nice. Chris Hanburger was good ! he was funny which was unexpected.

Now one of the coolest things was the video that Steve Sabol made for his father Ed Sabol on his induction. You can watch it here and I think you should watch it if you have not :up:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hall-of-fame/09000d5d821438ba/2011-HOF-Steve-Sabol-presents-Ed-Sabol

I watched that again yesterday on the NFLN and that was just fantastic. A great character and his HOF induction was 20 years overdue. His life story is nothing short of tremendous.

Glad you posted this for all to watch.

sdbillsfan2
08-07-2011, 01:13 PM
NO ANDRE = NO INTEREST ....

Ginger Vitis
08-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Saw most of Shannons Sharpes speech... he was all over the place and it didn't seem to have any flow to it.. I think Marshall Faulk personally thanked every Ram on the 1999 team even the special teams ace gunner.. I couldn't help but chuckle a little when Faulk was thanking Martz knowing Faulk must have been pissed just after Super Bowl 36 when he only carried the ball 17 times agaisnt the Patsies when Martz should have called more running plays that game