PDA

View Full Version : Still Lots Of FA's Looking For Teams

Night Train
08-07-2011, 08:46 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/08/06/2011-free-agent-tracker-by-position

If any injuries crop up during the pre-season, there are plenty of players looking for a paycheck at every position.

This unique off-season left many thinking about their next career move but there is still a month to catch on somewhere.

clumping platelets
08-07-2011, 08:58 AM
From that list, I'd be interested in:

WR Houshmanzadeh
WR Steve Smith (NYG)
RB Snelling
OT Flozell Adams
OT Kaczur
OT Tauscher
C O'Hara
DE Shawn Ellis
OLB Banta-Cain
LB Leber
LB Chillar
CB Hayden

pending they pass a physical

clumping platelets
08-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Not all but there is some talent there

YardRat
08-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Nobody left at TE IMO. We're going with what we've got.

Gaither is still out there, but must really be damaged goods. I'd take a flyer on Adams in a pinch.

Goobylal
08-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Ellis still has something left and fits the 3-4. Leber also might be worth a look.

Ickybaluky
08-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Ellis still has something left and fits the 3-4. Leber also might be worth a look.

The Patriots have signed Ellis. They probably did it just to keep him from playing against them again, because he killed them.

Goobylal
08-07-2011, 10:04 AM
The Patriots have signed Ellis. They probably did it just to keep him from playing against them again, because he killed them.
Just saw that. The Jets are taking a serious fall this year.

bigbub2352
08-07-2011, 01:05 PM
banta-cain...my god cut kelsay we need sacks

BigZ
08-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Mike Williams is available at OT!

Before you ban me.....it's a joke!

better days
08-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Rex is pissed at him for signing with the Pats* LOL

Tatonka
08-07-2011, 06:31 PM
no way is steve smith of the giants a UFA.. he definately would have been signed by now..

Ickybaluky
08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
no way is steve smith of the giants a UFA.. he definately would have been signed by now..

He is an UFA.

He has a medical flag because he is still recovering from a knee injury. Probably won't be ready to play until mid-season. The Giants have a handshake agreement to bring him back, but he is just going on the PUP because he is hurt.

His injury was a cartilage injury suffered against Minnesota last December, and he had Microfracture surgery. That is risky surgery and nobody will touch him until he shows he can still play. The Giants will bring him back on a 1-Year deal out of loyalty, but that is it.

lmcshadow
08-07-2011, 08:15 PM
With Bell in a sling we might need OT help

B-DON
08-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Why is Kirk morrison still available. He is better than all our lb.'s minus barnett

Ickybaluky
08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Pats signed DE Andre Carter as well. They are going all out picking off vets to upgrade the pass rush.

clumping platelets
08-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Mike Williams is available at OT!

Before you ban me.....it's a joke!

:banned:

better days
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
He is an UFA.

He has a medical flag because he is still recovering from a knee injury. Probably won't be ready to play until mid-season. The Giants have a handshake agreement to bring him back, but he is just going on the PUP because he is hurt.

His injury was a cartilage injury suffered against Minnesota last December, and he had Microfracture surgery. That is risky surgery and nobody will touch him until he shows he can still play. The Giants will bring him back on a 1-Year deal out of loyalty, but that is it.

I have had the same injury. His knee is now bone on bone. There is no fix for it. Very painful........for life. Trust me, he will never be the same.

better days
08-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Pats signed DE Andre Carter as well. They are going all out picking off vets to upgrade the pass rush.

No way they keep all of the DL players on their roster. Who do you think gets cut Icky? Brace?

paranoid
08-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Why not look at Flozell Adams? His age? Didn't he play pretty well for the Steelers last year?

Ickybaluky
08-08-2011, 03:11 PM
No way they keep all of the DL players on their roster. Who do you think gets cut Icky? Brace?

Brace is definitely on the hot seat. He has struggled to stay on the field, and started off this camp on the active PUP and has yet to practice. They may be running out of patience with him. He showed flashes when he has played, but hasn't been reliable.

The Pats brought in a ton of guys on the DL and it is apparent they are going 4-3.

The best bets to keep in my mind are Wilfork, Ellis and Wright (a very underrated player).

Beyond that, Albert Haynesworth is almost certain, although you never know with him because he could kill someone, just decide he doesn't want to play, or something else.

Kyle Love, Gerard Warren, Andre Carter and Myron Pryor have a pretty good shot, assuming they show what they have in the past.

Ron Brace, Mark Anderson, Brandon Deadrick (a 3-4 run-stuffer who may not fit anymore) and Eric Moore have to earn their way on the team. Brace needs to get on the damn field and practice.

Kade Weston and Darryl Richard are young guys who are unknowns. Weston was on IR last year as a rookie 7th round pick, and reportedly has played pretty well in camp.

The rest is roster fluff.

On a side note, the Pats don't really have a lot of true LB in camp, but have a ton of DL and DB. They probably keep more DL than they have in the past.

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I have had the same injury. His knee is now bone on bone. There is no fix for it. Very painful........for life. Trust me, he will never be the same.
Did u get same surgery??

better days
08-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Did u get same surgery??

Yeah, I did, but as I said it is not a real fix. They cut out the cartledge which helps prevent the knee from going out which causes you to fall, but the knee is bone on bone.

Extremebillsfan247
08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/08/06/2011-free-agent-tracker-by-position

If any injuries crop up during the pre-season, there are plenty of players looking for a paycheck at every position.

This unique off-season left many thinking about their next career move but there is still a month to catch on somewhere.They wont be out there for very long. Injuries are mounting all over the league. Just a quick perspective, since the start of TC's already 10 Achilles tendon blowouts reported. Even this team is starting to feel it. I'd expect to see a steady rise in FA signings within the next 2 weeks with preseason games starting up. JMO