PDA

View Full Version : Pure speculation: Lee Evans possibly to be traded

Ickybaluky
08-07-2011, 09:40 AM
From Dan Pompei of the National Football Post, in his weekly NFL notes column:

*The Bills have a crowd at the receiver position after the acquisition of Brad Smith. The former Jet joins Lee Evans, Steve Johnson and Robert Parrish, so don’t be surprised if the Bills part ways with Evans. The veteran had a down year in 2010 with only 37 catches, and he could have some trade value. Interesting parties have been sniffing around.

LINK (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-5672.html)

Turf
08-07-2011, 09:44 AM
The Bills couldn't make a more assinine move. Not gonna happen.

YardRat
08-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Way to make the jump from 'speculation' to 'rumor'.

BillsFanInNM
08-07-2011, 09:48 AM
who the hell is Robert Parrish?

Coach Sal
08-07-2011, 09:57 AM

At 7-foot tall, pretty much the exact opposite of Roscoe:
http://peopleforethicalliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/robert-parish-chief-of-the-celtics.jpg

FlyingDutchman
08-07-2011, 10:01 AM
This is just this guys thought, not a shred of truth to it. Robert Parrish lol

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Wow you're showing your age.

This thing is just completely speculation. I'm changing the title of this thread.

psubills62
08-07-2011, 10:07 AM
If Pompei can back up his claim that "interested parties have been sniffing around," then it's a rumor. Otherwise, yes, it's just speculation.

better days
08-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Evans is not Lynch. No off field problems, reasonable salary. The Bills would only trade him for very good value.

DraftBoy
08-07-2011, 10:19 AM
This is a move you make at the Week 8 trade deadline to a contender who needs a WR on the outside.

Trade Evans then for a couple of draft picks.

ServoBillieves
08-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Larry Evans isa great 1 or 2. Paired with Randy Johnson and Al Davis we seem set.

BillsFanInNM
08-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow you're showing your age.

This thing is just completely speculation. I'm changing the title of this thread.

yeah, my mind is slipping already at the ripe old age of 33 lol. I said that in jest, because it gets on my nerves when people write about a team, but don't get the players names right....just a pet peeve of mine is all.

Mr. Miyagi
08-07-2011, 11:14 AM
yeah, my mind is slipping already at the ripe old age of 33 lol. I said that in jest, because it gets on my nerves when people write about a team, but don't get the players names right....just a pet peeve of mine is all.
LOL I meant showing your age on the other end. But good to know at least you're old enough to know who Parrish is.

Jan Reimers
08-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Stevie Johnson has had one good season. "Chief" Parrish has had 1/2 of one good season. Other than Evans, the rest of our receiving corps is virtually untested. And I look at Brad Smith as more of a Wildcat QB.

It would seem fairly stupid to trade Evans at this point.

YardRat
08-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Larry Evans isa great 1 or 2. Paired with Randy Johnson and Al Davis we seem set.

:rofl:

Nice

PISSCHUNK
08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
It is the Cards showing the most interest from what I've heard from a friend out there.

TigerJ
08-07-2011, 12:44 PM
who the hell is Robert Parrish?He's actually a retired center from the Boston Celtics when he's not disguized as a 5'9" slot receiver for the Bills named Roscoe.

Philagape
08-07-2011, 12:50 PM
It all depends on Easley. If he shows something, pull the trigger either at the deadline or next offseason.

YardRat
08-07-2011, 01:03 PM
It is the Cards showing the most interest from what I've heard from a friend out there.

He'd make a pretty nice complementary WR to Fitzgerald.

trapezeus
08-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd be up for trading Evans during season if the season is falling apart and or we still don't utilize him. Evans will be past his prime by the time the rebuild is serious.

better days
08-07-2011, 01:38 PM

And who are the interesting parties? They may be interested in Evans, but I don't find the Cards all that interesting myself.

Akhippo
08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I like our young receivers. We dont have a game changer, but we do have a wide talent range. Evans is just a piece. Hes not like the Johnsons or Fitzgerald. I would seriously consider trading him inseason. I would consider preseason if the price or compensation was right. Stevie is going to get the majority of throws this year anyway.

better days
08-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I like our young receivers. We dont have a game changer, but we do have a wide talent range. Evans is just a piece. Hes not like the Johnsons or Fitzgerald. I would seriously consider trading him inseason. I would consider preseason if the price or compensation was right. Stevie is going to get the majority of throws this year anyway.

Without Evans, Stevie will be constantly double teamed & much less effective than last year. If Easley is healthy & shows something then I would not mind if Evans were traded but for nothing less than a high 2nd rnd pick. If that pick is not in the top ten of rnd 2, I would also want a 3rd rnd pick.

Ginger Vitis
08-07-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't think this notion is crazy.. I suspect Lee, although a hard worker, has mentally given up on the Bills organization and has been beaten down mentally over the years due to all the losing.. if the compensation was fair I'd make the deal

evdawg419
08-07-2011, 03:57 PM
There is no way the Bills trade him before the season. However, he has 2 years left on his deal, and I bet they seriously consider trading him after the season. The Bills have a lot of young, talented receivers on this team, and I'd imagine the Bills wouldn't figure Lee into the long term plans (especially if they give Stevie a large contract). Hopefully he has a solid year and ups his trade value.

Turf
08-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Lee Evans is the closest thing the Bills have to an elite player. Trading him would be suicidal to the fans and team. Dumbest move possible at this point. Gee lets trade a B+ or A- ranked player and pick up a couple more C's. Yeah thats what we need. Thats the entire problem with the way this team is built, it literally has no one.

Ickybaluky
08-07-2011, 05:44 PM
There are rumors that Baltimore is looking into it, per Aaron Wilson (Ravens beat guy an writer for National Football Post). Who knows if that will develop.

Meathead
08-07-2011, 06:32 PM
i like lee, i think hes a decent legit not great wr1, i think he has a nice bounceback season this year with at least 800 yds, and im perfectly fine if he stays

however, i have to concur that at 30yo if the bills could get a top fifty pick for him i would do it

now for the bills to have the kind of surprise season and wc contender im predicting i think lee would have a big role in that. if they ship him off the offense will suffer as there is nobody ready to take the constant doubles that the wr1 almost always gets, meaning that extra db gets to move around and will hinder the offense as a whole. i find it hard to believe this offense could make the kind of strides to get to ten wins this year without him there as the constant home run threat

still, i just dont see lee as the kind of wr that remains maximally effective too many seasons past this one, his game is predicated on speed and hands not quickness and route running, and i dont see these bills being more than a mild wc contender at best, so if the bills can get good value for him i think they should do it

heres hoping the bills take the league by storm and everyone incl myself feels stupid for suggesting this come december. it could happen

DraftBoy
08-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I dont think anybody is going to pay a top 50 pick for Lee Evans, Id be happy with a 3rd and a conditional 6th.

Night Train
08-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Suddenly, I'm very interested in Robert Parrish as a red zone threat.

Git 'er done !

:assclown:

Mike
08-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Everyone on the Bills team is expandable for the right price. If the offer was enticing enough for Lee, I would pull the trigger. Hell Pro Bowl QBs have been traded in the past, so what makes Lee so special? His 37 catches? Give me a 2nd and a conditional 5th and its a done deal....

besides he's almost 30.... by the time this team is good, he will be long gone. Might as well capitalize on what little perceived value he has left.

Philagape
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Lee Evans is the closest thing the Bills have to an elite player.

Could you elaborate on that? What qualities make him elite?

psubills62
08-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Baltimore would be a great fit for Evans, and they certainly need a WR.

Mike13
08-07-2011, 08:34 PM
And Favray will be a Dolphin...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-07-2011, 08:39 PM
lee evans is 30. he can still run and is a top deep threat. i would say a fair price is a 3rd and a conditional 6th. right now i see 8 wrs that can make the team.

evans
johnson
parrish
nelson
easley
jones
roosevelt
davis

i dont want to cut roosevelt. hes having a monster camp and if you take his averages over the whole year its big. roosevelt could be a great wr. davis could be good too. so the question is, do you hang on to evans when you can add a 3rd rd pick and possibly a 6th, and keep roosevelt. tough choice. id trade him

the big question is easley. if comes back and tears it up. they will probably trade him.

justasportsfan
08-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I'd trade Lee for a player and not for next years draft pick which won't do us any good.

THATHURMANATOR
08-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Plus this dumbass doesn't realize Smith is a qb...

better days
08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd trade Lee for a player and not for next years draft pick which won't do us any good.

Well, the Bills aren't going anywhere this year anyway, so I would take a good player & a pick or at least a high 2nd rnd pick. I would be Op negative mad if the Bills traded Evans for a 3rd.

trapezeus
08-08-2011, 12:49 PM

i don't know. if the bills are making an inseason trade and there is a team who is like Minnesota was last year. they think they need one or two pieces to make their run but still hvae the possibility to implode, you have to think about taking would could amount to a higher pick than expected.

if evans is on the block, you have to look at all the options.

Stewie
08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Lee Evans will be a Raven by the end of the day. Just reported on CAT212