PDA

View Full Version : OT Bell injured...Leaves Practice

DraftBoy
08-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Gailey said he'll miss a few days. Hopefully this isn't serious.

With as many questions I have about Bell's ability to be a NFL caliber LT, he's still our best option at the moment.

YardRat
08-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Hope it's not serious...our OT situation is bad enough as it is.

Night Train
08-07-2011, 06:21 PM

With as many questions I have about Bell's ability to be a NFL caliber LT, he's still our best option at the moment.

Gailey said on the local news a couple days.

Tatonka
08-07-2011, 06:24 PM
i actually am ok with bell at LT.. he has played very well at times and i expect a big step forward this year.

SeatownBillsFan21
08-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Good maybe this wil be some incentive to upgrade the LT position or at the very least the right side. Let's face it this line we have right now is below average.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Good maybe this wil be some incentive to upgrade the LT position or at the very least the right side. Let's face it this line we have right now is below average.

totally disagree.

bell is good
levitre is good
wood is pro bowl good
urbik good
pears was solid for 2 years in denver, now hes bigger and stronger.

our line is fine.

Scumbag College
08-07-2011, 08:20 PM
totally disagree.

bell is good
levitre is good
wood is pro bowl good
urbik good

our line is fine.

I like the line too and they also have some depth in the interior with Hangartner, Howard, and Wrotto. But the Bills are paper thin at OT and if Pears or Bell goes down, there's only Wang and Hairston to back them up. And Bell gets nicked up often and has had back issues, along with other injuries.

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2011, 08:26 PM
totally disagree.

bell is good
levitre is good
wood is pro bowl good
urbik good

our line is fine.
How is Urbik good? What are you basing that on?

And Pears is trash too.

BillsFever21
08-07-2011, 08:38 PM

And Pears is trash too.

Maybe because he is a Bill he is considered good?

As far as Bell goes he is average at best and seems to get injured quite often.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-07-2011, 08:42 PM

And Pears is trash too.

urbik was all big ten 2 years in a row. he was considered the 3rd best guard by nix. he played really good vs the steelers. hes good dude.

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 08:44 PM

And Pears is trash too.You take his uneducated statement and come back with one of your own. Pears is unproven u calling him trash is as bad as captain homer calling him solid.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 08:44 PM

And Pears is trash too.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. Our line is actually worse than garbage. Quite possibly one of the worst lines I have ever seen. We have one good player in wood and a decent player in levitre The rest are straight scrubs. You can't even argue that and anyone that does needs to take off the rose colored glasses

B-DON
08-07-2011, 08:46 PM
You take his uneducated statement and come back with one of your own. Pears is unproven u calling him trash is as bad as captain homer calling him solid.

If he was so "solid" why was he on the waiver wire and cut from a team that desperately needed o-linemen? Can u educate me on that?

B-DON
08-07-2011, 08:50 PM
urbik was all big ten 2 years in a row. he was considered the 3rd best guard by nix. he played really good vs the steelers. hes good dude.

How he played in college 5 years ago means absolutely nothing now. Saying anyone is a good NFL player by using their college career as evidence is being ignorant. How many college players of the year have turned out to be complete crap in the NFL? I'll tell you, tons. Ur basis for him being good is completely flawed like most of ur posts

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2011, 08:53 PM
You take his uneducated statement and come back with one of your own. Pears is unproven u calling him trash is as bad as captain homer calling him solid.
He has had plenty of time to prove himself. He has not been able to do so.

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 08:58 PM
If he was so "solid" why was he on the waiver wire and cut from a team that desperately needed o-linemen? Can u educate me on that?No I can't teach you how to read. I'll dumb it down for you. MDP saying he was solid and lecter calling him trash in my opinion are both wrong. He's unproven. And to argument about getting a guy off wavers, by your logic all the people walking around with half chubs because Merriman is looking good must be wrong because he was on WAIVERS. Barnett must suck because greenbay released him. Pears has played two games how about you educate me why he sucks? Just do better then the fact another team released him. Would I have wanted a proven player this offseason, sure but this is the team.

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
He has had plenty of time to prove himself. He has not been able to do so. We better skip the season and start draft talk.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 09:08 PM
No I can't teach you how to read. I'll dumb it down for you. MDP saying he was solid and lecter calling him trash in my opinion are both wrong. He's unproven. And to argument about getting a guy off wavers, by your logic all the people walking around with half chubs because Merriman is looking good must be wrong because he was on WAIVERS. Barnett must suck because greenbay released him. Pears has played two games how about you educate me why he sucks? Just do better then the fact another team released him. Would I have wanted a proven player this offseason, sure but this is the team.

Ummmmm... Reading has nothing to do with your ignorance to ignore facts. How many years do u have to give a guy to prove himself? Lol and merriman and barnett actually were good enough to get on the field and play. Both have been to the pro bowl. That's where the optimism for those two comes from. And ubrik has done exactly what to prove he's not a scrub? Using your extremely flawed reasoning, maybin isn't that bad of a player either. Just have to give him time lol

mysticsoto
08-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Both sides here are posting stupid claims. This Oline is hardly fantastic. But it is also hardly one of the worst ever also.

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't think it is one of the worst ever - I just do not think it is all that good

B-DON
08-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Ok maybe not the worst ever, but anyone saying this oline is "any" good is seriously mistaken. Hell even our second best linemen Levitre is about avg. This line has done absolutely nothing to receive any kind of praise. Hell our best olineman is switching positions leaving a huge hole where he used to play. Why exactly does anyone believe our oline is any good? The homerism around here is at an all time high. I want us to be good just as much as the next fan, but I refuse to praise a group of scrubs that has done absolutely nothing and those that are giving praise are just blinded by the facts

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Boy that reading doesn't come natural to you. I never said a word about Urbrik. We were talking about pears who started for a team for two years and was then let go.You know even less about Ubrik. Im not saying this line is good, I just can't say they are " scrubs" I'll wait to actually see a game or two before I shoot my mouth off.

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Both sides here are posting stupid claims. This Oline is hardly fantastic. But it is also hardly one of the worst ever also.Pretty much sums up my stance.

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh B-DON, Lets not talk sillyness Maybin sucks I will never defend him.

SabreEleven
08-07-2011, 09:51 PM
totally disagree.

bell is good
levitre is good
wood is pro bowl good
urbik good

our line is fine.

You pretty much have us in the Super Bowl.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-07-2011, 09:56 PM
You pretty much have us in the Super Bowl.

damn right, and you pic is ****ing awesome. shes got a GREAT ASS!!!!!!:cheers:

Philagape
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
totally disagree.

bell is good
levitre is good
wood is pro bowl good
urbik good

our line is fine.

Please define "fine."
Fine compared to what?

bosshogg21
08-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Are you kidding me?? They played very decent last year with a ton of inexperience and random journeyman pick ups manning the right side. Fitz had very admirable stats with "one of the worst lines ever" lol. They are young, they are getting better. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Btw I thought urbik played exceptional in the games he played in last year before injury.

DraftBoy
08-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Mark me down for the below average, and Im worried they may kill Fitz side.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Typical response from a clown that knows he is way off. Keep on trying to rip my reading while ignoring the facts. What has pears done to prove he is good? And the reason we know little about these two "scrubs" is because they aren't good enough to see the field with a legit franchise. This team year after year pulls the wool over suckers like you and makes u believe these guys are good. When was the last time we had a good oline? I'm done waiting to see these guys played. Their original teams wouldn't of let them go if they thought they were good. Simple as that. Its not like pears and ubrik were to expensive or the teams that cut them had young studs waiting to take their places. They both sucked which allowed us the chance to get them. Ur blind faith is beyond ignorant. You haven't provided one fact to back up your argument and try wiping off ur kool-aid mustache.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Typical response from a clown that knows he is way off. Keep on trying to rip my reading while ignoring the facts. What has pears done to prove he is good? And the reason we know little about these two "scrubs" is because they aren't good enough to see the field with a legit franchise. This team year after year pulls the wool over suckers like you and makes u believe these guys are good. When was the last time we had a good oline? I'm done waiting to see these guys played. Their original teams wouldn't of let them go if they thought they were good. Simple as that. Its not like pears and ubrik were to expensive or the teams that cut them had young studs waiting to take their places. They both sucked which allowed us the chance to get them. Ur blind faith is beyond ignorant. You haven't provided one fact to back up your argument and try wiping off ur kool-aid mustache.

I guess clabo sucked.

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Im done playing around with the mouth breather someone Pm me when he learns how to read.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 10:32 PM
I guess clabo sucked.

Ummm we didn't get clabo because he actually is good. No one that is good and has any other option to play with a contender comes here. Look at our free agent signings. Nuff said

B-DON
08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Im done playing around with the mouth breather someone Pm me when he learns how to read.

How about you pm me when u understand how to read and can give me one just one example of why pears will be ANY good? U can't so u just use the don't know how to read excuse lol. Ur posts are worse than our oline and that's hard to do. I've given u numerous examples of why I don't trust pears, this teams eye for talent, and why our oline sucks. U on the other hand just throw out lame attacks and give no reasoning. "I'm a bills fan and cuz buddy likes him that's means he has to be good". Lol ur just a pawn that keeps on being played by our front office. How many years of sucking balls does it take a homer like you that u can't just keep on giving them the benefit of the doubt? Ill be waiting for that pm with evidence btw

kelly2reed4six
08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
damn.....

I feel like I just walked into a high school girls locker room. Sounds like a b**ch cat fight in here.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 10:57 PM
That's exactly how it is. Try debating or arguing with someone that won't provide any evidence or proof of why he thinks pears will be any good. Its like talking to a wall. Half this board supports anything and everything the bills front office does and when u disagree all the homers come out in full force. Now I know how OP feels. I've given plenty of reasons why I feel a certain way. Would be nice if camel could do the same and have a legit convo. Guess I'm asking for to much

Oaf
08-07-2011, 11:19 PM
totally disagree.

bell is good
levitre is good
wood is pro bowl good
urbik good

our line is fine.
I've heard Urbik has sucked. Hangartner-Wood may be stronger than Wood-Urbik but your guess is as good as mine if the Bills coaches can figure it out.

JCBills
08-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Ok maybe not the worst ever, but anyone saying this oline is "any" good is seriously mistaken. Hell even our second best linemen Levitre is about avg. This line has done absolutely nothing to receive any kind of praise. Hell our best olineman is switching positions leaving a huge hole where he used to play. Why exactly does anyone believe our oline is any good? The homerism around here is at an all time high. I want us to be good just as much as the next fan, but I refuse to praise a group of scrubs that has done absolutely nothing and those that are giving praise are just blinded by the facts

They might be decent this year. Bell had solid pass protection last season. He isn't stellar, but he's serviceable, and could take another step forward. Levitre has been able to put together two decent seasons without injury, and has gotten better along the way. He isn't a monster mauler in there, but has played well enough. Wood could be very good back at his college position, as he's already played fairly well at RG. Urbik did have some quality plays last season, paving the way for a few big plays. Maybe a full season of experience could help him develop into a decent starter. RT is a complete unknown. This line is relatively unknown, I'd like to see them play a few games before putting a name on it. They improved drastically over the middle of last season, let's see if they can do it again.

Bangarang
08-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Wang -> Levitre -> Wood

The start of the greatest, most comical o-line in NFL history?

B-DON
08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
They might be decent this year. Bell had solid pass protection last season. He isn't stellar, but he's serviceable, and could take another step forward. Levitre has been able to put together two decent seasons without injury, and has gotten better along the way. He isn't a monster mauler in there, but has played well enough. Wood could be very good back at his college position, as he's already played fairly well at RG. Urbik did have some quality plays last season, paving the way for a few big plays. Maybe a full season of experience could help him develop into a decent starter. RT is a complete unknown. This line is relatively unknown, I'd like to see them play a few games before putting a name on it. They improved drastically over the middle of last season, let's see if they can do it again.

I see what ur saying and thanks for at least providing some reasoning behind your thinking. I just simply disagree. I'm not sure if my expectations are just higher than most, but I'm tired of serviceable, retread scrubs that wouldn't play on any other team in this league. Anytime another team cuts a player he usually gets picked up. When the bills cut you, your career is pretty much over. The ppl saying that anyone on this line is good except for wood is being extremely optimistic. How many times do we have to hear bills players say "I'm just glad to be having a chance to compete", because no other team wanted anything to do with these scrubs. Half of our team is made up of late rd draft picks and udfa's. A fan from any other team would be disgusted by the talent on our oline yet bills fans aren't. Every year we hear "well let's give them a chance to play" and every year we do they still suck. Sorry I'm just not buying into the bs lies this front office continues to feed us

SeatownBillsFan21
08-08-2011, 02:01 AM
totally disagree.

bell is good
levitre is good
wood is pro bowl good
urbik good

our line is fine.

Well we will have to agree to disagree till proven otherwise. IMO this line could use an upgrade and there is still some Above average players out there in FA to fill those needs.

cookie G
08-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Pears has played two games how about you educate me why he sucks? Just do better then the fact another team released him. Would I have wanted a proven player this offseason, sure but this is the team.

Actually, he's been released by 3 teams, Denver, Oakland and Jax. In Oakland, he couldn't beat out Cornell Green, a guy the Bills dumped last year. In Jax, he couldn't beat out Jordan Black for a reserve spot. Jordan Black was cut by Jax this Feb.

That's not a great resume.

If Pears plays even half way decently, he should be a shoo in for NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

Not holding my breath though.

psubills62
08-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I think it was promising that when they picked up Pears, he was 294 pounds but is now up to 313 (according to BB.com, not bad weight, for whatever that's worth). If he really was 294 pounds for most of his stints, I could see why he'd be cut, though not sure why he wouldn't have gained the weight before.

Anyway, our line is not good. I don't think it's horrible, but it's not good. Ideally, Wood and Levitre would continue to get better and in the future we'd get two starting OT's, relegate Bell to swing tackle, and get a stud RG. Then we can talk about having a good OL.

As far as Bell's current injury goes, it's definitely something to keep an eye on - we need him to stay healthy this year. I can't imagine how bad our offense will be with our current OT rejects outside of Bell starting at LT. But at this point, it doesn't sound too worrisome.

Extremebillsfan247
08-08-2011, 10:07 AM

With as many questions I have about Bell's ability to be a NFL caliber LT, he's still our best option at the moment. Injuries are starting to pile up all over the NFL and teams haven't even played a pre-season game yet. Not good. JMO

k-oneputt
08-08-2011, 10:26 AM
They had better be watching that waiver wire the next couple of weeks.

Night Train
08-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Watching Bills cut Jonathan Scott, then start for the Steelers last year speaks volumes. Most teams in the NFL are worried about their lines and there isn't enough talent around to plug in.

Explains why Miami took OT Jake Long over QB Matt Ryan.

Bills can go out and get some fresh faces to appease the shiny toy crowd, when in reality it's just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

We need real talent. In the meantime, work with what you have and design an offense where the QB gets rid of it quickly/rolls out.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Anything that gets that penalty machine off the field is addition by subtraction in my book. But that doesn't help this team's utter ignorance of the OT position and desperate scrambling for scrubs like Erik ****ing Pears.

Bill Cody
08-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Watching Bills cut Jonathan Scott, then start for the Steelers last year speaks volumes. Most teams in the NFL are worried about their lines and there isn't enough talent around to plug in.

Explains why Miami took OT Jake Long over QB Matt Ryan.

No the fins took Long over Ryan because they're idiots. Or do you not think they'd like a mulligan on that choice when they've got Henne Penne staring them in the face? There is a shortage of talent at OT but it's less than the shortage at QB.

mayotm
08-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Anything that gets that penalty machine off the field is addition by subtraction in my book. But that doesn't help this team's utter ignorance of the OT position and desperate scrambling for scrubs like Erik ****ing Pears.He wasn't a penalty machine last year. It was the year before that he had all the false starts.

better days
08-08-2011, 12:25 PM
No the fins took Long over Ryan because they're idiots. Or do you not think they'd like a mulligan on that choice when they've got Henne Penne staring them in the face? There is a shortage of talent at OT but it's less than the shortage at QB.

I think they chose Long over Ryan because of the Rookie contracts at the time. The Tuna did not want to gamble that big contract on Ryan & chose a safer pick in Long.

Stupid mistake on his part. He drafted a great LT, but he could have drafted a great QB.