18-Shawn Springs, Sea
    19-Chad Scott, Pitt
    20-Mike McKenzie, GB
    21-Marcus Coleman, Hou
    22-Ahmed Plummer, SF
    23-Antoine Winfield, Buff
    24-Will Allen, NYG
    25-Tyrone Williams, Atl

Look for Madison to reclaim the top spot that he held in previous seasons.

Just confirming what we already knew-

Top Secondary Units:
    1-Miami Dolphins
    2-Philadelphia Eagles
    3-Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    4-New England Patriots
    5-Oakland Radiers

Reach for the stars
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

All I know is that Madison was chasing Moulds down the field all last year.

2 games, 8 catches, 211 yards and 2 TD's. I won't even talk about what Price did to those chumps.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

as pure CB's go.. I can agree with this. Awin and NClem have not had alot of opportunities to intercept balls. They are too busy making up for a crappy front 4, and average rookie safeties.

They cant take risks when they are the only thing standing between a 15 yard completion/tackle, and a 65 yard TD

Wait till this year though. THey will be taking chances left and right, because they know that they have the support they need.

Comment

• ryven
        • Jan 2003

Remember moulds and price last season.
        IMO winfeild and clements will be close to that im not saying there going to them because there are some great CB's out but they will be close.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          All I know is that Madison was chasing Moulds down the field all last year.

2 games, 8 catches, 211 yards and 2 TD's. I won't even talk about what Price did to those chumps.
          Madison had a hurt knee all of last year, he had corrective surgury this offseason to correct it,, and now he's running like the old madison. If he's healthy this year when we play you, I don't think the coverage will be as bad..plus he dropped an interception right into moulds hands..kinda of padded the numbers a bit.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

maybe he shouldn't have dropped it into the other teams top WR's hands. Not a bright thing to do. \

Knee problems for a CB. Not good.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• SamAdamsFan
              • Jun 2003

I actually think Winfield is better than Clements. I think Clements is great, but all the press of him being the first pick by the new regime kind of overshadowed Winfield. Winfield hits better and is excellent at coverage, so the ball rarely gets thrown his way to make an opportunity for a pick.
              "'I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch,' Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. 'That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any.' He has a point." - The Buffalo News

Comment

• ryven
                • Jan 2003

I have to completely agree with SamAdamsFan on this one winfield is a shut down corner so teams just don throw his way and when one does slip by he delivers a crushing blow ala green bay game.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                  maybe he shouldn't have dropped it into the other teams top WR's hands. Not a bright thing to do. \

Knee problems for a CB. Not good.
                  True, and you're right, a knee problem is not good for cb, glad he got it fixed..but gotta love the fact he played though it and is still considered one of the top 5.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

These lists are so subjective as to have no credibility whatsoever. Does anyone except a nitwit Dolphin fan actually believe there are 22 CBs in this league that are better than Antoine Winfield?
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

I do think Surtain and Madison are elite corners but this list as a whole is crap. Fred Smoot? I live in Redskins country and have watched him several times.....he's horrible. There were even trade rumors in the paper and local radio with him during the season last year. He gets burned all the time and yet he's ranked 14? He's not the only bad call on the list but just one that really sticks out to me.

Comment

• ryven
                        • Jan 2003

Smoot sounds like another watson

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

Except Smoot came in with very high expectations. He was a high draft pick and a huge trash talker. He wears #21 because Deion is his idol and often compares himself to Deion. I'm not a Deion fan but the guy was one of the best cover corners I've ever seen. He didn't hit much but he was a lockdown cover guy.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            These lists are so subjective as to have no credibility whatsoever. Does anyone except a nitwit Dolphin fan actually believe there are 22 CBs in this league that are better than Antoine Winfield?
                            Dolphin fans didn't make up this list..Nitwit.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• clumping platelets

But with all that talent, the leading rusher, sacker, and the AFC's #1 D........YOU STILL MISSED THE PLAYOFFS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X