PDA

View Full Version : Peter King: "Dareus, KWilliams a load of trouble...This is not a 4-12 team"

Coach Sal
08-07-2011, 08:54 PM
From his twitter. He was at camp tonight:

Bills bits: Merriman says he's baaack ... Brad Smith's big arm on display ... Dareus, KWilliams load of trouble ... This is not a 4-12 team.

https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing/status/100364403974733824

YardRat
08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Well, 3-13 isn't 4-12.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Peter king is about as reputable as my dog when it comes to the NFL. I have no faith in anything this guy says.

camelcowboy
08-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Peter king is about as reputable as my dog when it comes to the NFL. I have no faith in anything this guy says. Your posts are just a beacon of intelligence. Peter King says the bills may not suck means he's a hack. Put your dog on the computer maybe he can post something insightful.

better days
08-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, 3-13 isn't 4-12.

3-13 might not be so bad. The Bills would be sure to have a shot at one of the top QB's in the draft.

TigerJ
08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
I know King isn't the most popular guy around here, but at least he came to camp and took a loook at what's going on before giving an assessment, unlike some pundits who sit in an office somewhere and decide the Bills are favorites in the Andrew Luck derby, not having a clue about what is happening in Rochacha.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Your posts are just a beacon of intelligence. Peter King says the bills may not suck means he's a hack. Put your dog on the computer maybe he can post something insightful.

Have you ever read a Peter king article? I'm a realistic fan unlike you and ur blind allegiance. I want the bills to be good but just because Peter king says they're not gonna be 4-12 doesn't mean I should jump up and down with excitement. The guy is a horrible reporter kinda like you as a poster. All ur posts blow and have no kind of insight what so ever. Because u got taken to school in the previous thread u had to come on here and attack me again. How about you put some thought and effort into your posts instead of spewing third grade insults. Like I said before, wipe offnthat kool-aid mustache before u decide to post again. That'll be all

B-DON
08-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I know King isn't the most popular guy around here, but at least he came to camp and took a loook at what's going on before giving an assessment, unlike some pundits who sit in an office somewhere and decide the Bills are favorites in the Andrew Luck derby, not having a clue about what is happening in Rochacha.
If you call what he did reporting I'd have nom problem with him. Every other camp he's been to, he's tweeted like twenty tidbits about them. He gets to bills camp and tweets two whole tweets. And one of them was about the rain.

Jeff1220
08-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Have you ever read a Peter king article? I'm a realistic fan unlike you and ur blind allegiance. I want the bills to be good but just because Peter king says they're not gonna be 4-12 doesn't mean I should jump up and down with excitement. The guy is a horrible reporter kinda like you as a poster. All ur posts blow and have no kind of insight what so ever. Because u got taken to school in the previous thread u had to come on here and attack me again. How about you put some thought and effort into your posts instead of spewing third grade insults. Like I said before, wipe offnthat kool-aid mustache before u decide to post again. That'll be all

Actually, Peter King is an excellent reporter - one of the best. What he sucks at is making predictions.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Actually, Peter King is an excellent reporter - one of the best. What he sucks at is making predictions.
Isnt that what he just did tho?

B-DON
08-07-2011, 11:44 PM
And btw, I haven't even been to bills practice and I coulda told you Kyle and dareus are gonna be a "load of trouble". Any other time king has ripped us, half the board rips him, but since he is giving us a tiny bit of praise he's not a hack anymore? Lol the hypocrisy on this board is getting ridiculous

Jeff1220
08-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Isnt that what he just did tho?

That's my point. And no sportswriter makes good predictions on a regular basis. Just because he doesn't make predictions well doesn't affect his ability to realistically and accurately report the sport. He does that very well. In fact, PK probably gets to the personal level of many players better than just about anybody. He's been to and is still yet to visit quite a few camps. If he thinks the Bills might be underrated, based on what he's seen, how is that a bad thing?

Jeff1220
08-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Btw, the one time I remember a lot of outcry on this board about PK was when he said something to the effect of "If the Bills win more than X games with JP Losman, then I'm Shirley Temple." Funny because most (me included) thought he was so wrong about it, but what did JP ever do on the Bills or in the NFL? He got it right.

B-DON
08-07-2011, 11:52 PM
That's my point. And no sportswriter makes good predictions on a regular basis. Just because he doesn't make predictions well doesn't affect his ability to realistically and accurately report the sport. He does that very well. In fact, PK probably gets to the personal level of many players better than just about anybody. He's been to and is still yet to visit quite a few camps. If he thinks the Bills might be underrated, based on what he's seen, how is that a bad thing?

I never said it was a bad thing but if he sucks at making predictions then how is it a good thing? And if you saw how he reacted to not getting an interview with cam newton at panthers camp then you'd know why I don't think he's a credible reporter. To many times king makes himself part of the story and that's rule numero uno on what not to do as a reporter. The guy is a self entitled reporter who thinks he is above everyone. Sorry if I don't agree with you about his reporting skills. I actually get sports illustrated every thursday and I can tell you first hand that peter king is just a blown horn that thinks he's right about everything

B-DON
08-08-2011, 12:14 AM
The sad part is u guys think he is giving us praise by saying this isn't a 4-12 team. This board and bills fans as a whole have hit rock bottom so anytime someone says anything that's not 100 percent negative we cling to it like its the man upstairs saying it.

YardRat
08-08-2011, 05:46 AM
The sad part is u guys think he is giving us praise by saying this isn't a 4-12 team. This board and bills fans as a whole have hit rock bottom so anytime someone says anything that's not 100 percent negative we cling to it like its the man upstairs saying it.

Did he get into cgal's pool yet?

Ginger Vitis
08-08-2011, 05:54 AM
"If the Bills win more than X games with JP Losman, then I'm Shirley Temple."

That is not what Peter said..Just before the 2006 season Peter King was on a sports radio station in Toronto and said "If the Bills don't go 0-2 to start the season then my name is Shirley Temple"..The Bills lost the 1st game in Foxborough to the Pats then beat the Dolphins the 2nd game of the season.. so Peter was wrong and is forever known as Shirley Temple on these boards

Night Train
08-08-2011, 06:31 AM
May not be a 4-12 " team " but the record could still wind up being the same.

People are starting to realize how bad TD & Jauron screwed up this roster. Nix and Gailey basically had to start from scratch. Compound the fact that the Pats & Jets are in our division and it may take longer than most are willing to accept.

It may also speed up the process if the losses equal empty seats. Time will tell.

Jan Reimers
08-08-2011, 06:38 AM
There are just too many "ifs" - including the development of what appears to be a good crop of rookies, the improvement of our second year players, and the health of key guys like Merriman, Barnett and Easley - to make any kind of predictions about our record.

I do like the direction in which we are headed, however.

X-Era
08-08-2011, 06:39 AM
We will be better on defense but may not do as much on offense as last year. I can't see more than 6 wins. Oak, Wash, KC, Fins (once), Den, Cinnci. And eve some of those will be tough.

The right side of the line is still scary. Hairston looked good to me so I hope he can earn the job by mid-season.

Extremebillsfan247
08-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Isnt that what he just did tho?It depends on how you read into it. Some might classify that as a comparison to the team that did go 4-12 last year, what others have said about this team, and self observation on King's part. JMO

trapezeus
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Peter King is good at getting to the people in the NFL and writing intriguing pieces on what they are thinking about a very topical issue.

Peter King is not good at evaluating talent and making predictions. Not just bills predictions, but football predictions in general.

because he's developed such good contacts throughout the league, people let him pretend he's funny (coffee nerdness section), that he's got an eye for talent, and that he fundamentally knows everything about the game.

ublinkwescore
08-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I hope Jasper is able to manhandle offensive linemen all season long like he is in TC. if he ends up being a steal, this defense will be downright dangerous. and will elevate the play of our O simply by being able to get off the field. I am a lot more confident in betting on the bills this year than I was say 6 weeks from now last year.