I don't see how the Bills will be worse than last year!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

I don't see how the Bills will be worse than last year!!!

I see so many stating the team will be a shoe in for the Andrew Luck Derby.... I just don't see it

By no means am I touting a winning record or the playoffs but to be 4-12 or worse just doesn't seem right to me...

Adding Dareus, Smith, Barnett(who I think is an upgrade over Poz), Merriman, A. Williams to the mix, while also incorporating young guys from last year who stand to progress.(Troup, Carrington, Moats, Spiller, Nelson) tells me the team will be better not worse...

Fitz being the unquestioned starter will also help.. Last year we gave away two games early with Edwards in there....

Lets also talk about the second year of familiarity of the offense and defense.. Last year both systems were new.

I see 7 wins.... Not like I am aiming for the stars here....
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: I don't see how the Bills will be worse than last year!!!

I'm already tired of hearing about Luck. I don't think this team is worse than last years. Nor do I think we're bad enough to get the #1 pick. If all we win is 5 or 6 games but stay competitive then I'll be happy.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

I think the Bills will end up 7-9, worst case scenario. if the injury bug doesn't hit them like usual i believe they will end with a final record of 9-7.
      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-07-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

Idk. I've just learned to hope for the best, but expect the worst. Any sort of success is like a nice surprise at this point.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
          I think the Bills will end up 7-9, worst case scenario. if the injury bug doesn't hit them like usual i believe they will end with a final record of 9-7.
          Again I am not confident they will be that good but surely not worse than last year!!!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

This team if healthy, ie merriman, can go 9-7. they can fight for that last wc spot.

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
              • Apr 2007

I don't project us finishing 4-12 or worse, either, and that's not insignificantly due to the fact that I don't see us beginning 0-8 once again. Remember, we "still" won 4 games last year despite win #1 not coming until week 10.

Six or seven wins is very conceivable (maybe even eight if find ways to win games we've routinely lost in the past). Yes, the schedule is tough- but it's invariably tough; playing in the AFC East will do that to you. And the divisions we face- the AFC West and NFC North- are no more difficult (probably a bit easier) than last year's: the AFC North and NFC North.

I'll say 7-9, which isn't anything remarkable or wholly encouraging- but it's a far cry from mainstream prognostications and perhaps something to build on.
              Last edited by Midwesternbillsfan; 08-08-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Yep MWBF.... I feel like these people talking about Andrew Luck really have no idea about anything to do with this team..... To get Luck we would have to only get one or two wins....... I don't see that as even remotely possible.......

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Yep MWBF.... I feel like these people talking about Andrew Luck really have no idea about anything to do with this team..... To get Luck we would have to only get one or two wins....... I don't see that as even remotely possible.......
                  I could've envisioned it last year; it was even a wonder six humiliating games in if we'd win a single, solitary game (remember how badly and thoroughly outplayed we were by the Jets and Jaguars at home?)! But after the overtime, FG/3-point losses on the road to eventual Playoff teams Baltimore and Kansas City it was easy to see that this team was genuinely progressing, and that we'd at least avoid that ignominy.

Anyway, yeah, we're an easy target by lazy-minded "experts" to land Luck. But as it stands now (and even if we're not even any better than last year and win a measley 4 games again, which the objective evidence doesn't suggest seems our most likely fate) we won't land him. Maybe we'd actually live to regret that- but we still likely won't land him.
                  Last edited by Midwesternbillsfan; 08-08-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang
                    I'm already tired of hearing about Luck. I don't think this team is worse than last years. Nor do I think we're bad enough to get the #1 pick. If all we win is 5 or 6 games but stay competitive then I'll be happy.
                    This
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dujek
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2008

Again I am not confident they will be that good but surely not worse than last year!!!
                      I don't think the Bills are a "genuine" 9 win team yet, but looking at some of the **** we get to play this year it's possible to get there.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                        I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                        • Jul 2005

Thurmie you're intentionnally holding back.. Admit deep down you really feel like the Bills can win 10 games

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

I see so many stating the team will be a shoe in for the Andrew Luck Derby.... I just don't see it

By no means am I touting a winning record or the playoffs but to be 4-12 or worse just doesn't seem right to me...

Adding Dareus, Smith, Barnett(who I think is an upgrade over Poz), Merriman, A. Williams to the mix, while also incorporating young guys from last year who stand to progress.(Troup, Carrington, Moats, Spiller, Nelson) tells me the team will be better not worse...

Fitz being the unquestioned starter will also help.. Last year we gave away two games early with Edwards in there....

Lets also talk about the second year of familiarity of the offense and defense.. Last year both systems were new.

The only way to get Luck is to trade a whole bunch of picks to move up to #1 for him. Many here wouldn't mind it but Nix will never do it IMO.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Thurm..............Did you forget we lost Whitner?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

All that plus a softer schedule. Assuming we can stay relatively healthy, I don't think 7 wins is impossible for this current team. JMO

Comment

Working...
                              X