PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's article/blog

ghz in pittsburgh
08-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Gotta love people who does leg work and write interesting pieces. I don't expect football X and O, just some interesting stuff.

Plenty Bills stuff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/08/08/tour/index.html

Two tidbits stuck to me:
1) I didn't know Kyle is such a good athlete. Golf, Swimming, baseball. Maybe there is a reason that he's one of the few Pro baller we have.

2) Donald Jones. The first time I heard the coaching staff love the guy because he's physical. 6-0 and a not inflated 214lb.

trapezeus
08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
wow, he really did give the bills more than a once over this year.

i didn't know the bills were using the 5 WR set so much. We might not be good, but it'll be fun to watch.

malvado78
08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
NFL Quiz of the Week

If you can answer this question without googling it or somehow looking it up, you're a better man (and fan) than I: Who is the Buffalo Bills' offensive coordinator?
Answer in number 10 of Ten Things I Think I Think.

I had to look it up. I was pretty sure Gailey was calling the plays last year and wasn't sure if they named a coordinator...

:couch:

Novacane
08-08-2011, 11:38 AM
So far the two men whom the Bills hope will be playing alongside each other for the next six to eight years are getting along great. "I don't like guys who talk a lot before they do anything," Williams told me. "Marcell has come in with a great work ethic and hasn't asked for anything to be handed to him. Everybody here is really impressed with him. Plus, he's going to be very, very hard to move.

A shot at Maybin?

better days
08-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Well, King did say last week he does not expect Miami to finish better than 3rd or 4th. In other words he gives Buffalo a chance to climb out of the cellar & finish ahead of Miami.

Mski
08-08-2011, 11:59 AM
i thought it was well written, and i found his take on HOF voting and WR's to be intrieguing in regards to Reed v other WR eligable. also found it great to see someone from national media play up Williams as much as he did.

trapezeus
08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
miami really has a turd sandwich on its hands. failing to get a QB, failing to get a different coach, asking both to show back up again and expecting different results is not going to yield very good things. hopefully they don't get luck.

kingJofNYC
08-08-2011, 02:11 PM

i didn't know the bills were using the 5 WR set so much. We might not be good, but it'll be fun to watch.

We used 4/5 WRs sets on 25% of our passing plays last year, 2nd most in the league. Numbers from Football Outsiders.

paranoid
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I liked the bit about the USO gig. Nice to see the NFL supporting the troops. I loved the Bills using vets to model the new unis as well.

Mski
08-08-2011, 02:45 PM
miami really has a turd sandwich on its hands. failing to get a QB, failing to get a different coach, asking both to show back up again and expecting different results is not going to yield very good things. hmm sounds vaugely similar to the situation in Buf atleast Miami's coach took them to the playoffs

malvado78
08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
hmm sounds vaugely similar to the situation in Buf atleast Miami's coach took them to the playoffs
Except Fitz is average, Henne is BAD...

So no not really the same.

Cntrygal
08-08-2011, 02:52 PM
This has to be the first time I've ever seen a "Peter King" thread with no rants/bashing/Shirley Temple references.

:eek:

better days
08-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Except Fitz is average, Henne is BAD...

So no not really the same.

Most importantly, the Bills did not try to hire another HC in the offseason thus cutting the current HC off at the knees as Miami did when they tried to hire Harbaugh.

I am hearing the experts on TV & Radio giving Chan much more respect than last year. I have heard him called one of the top offensive coaches in the game.........this year.

Don't Panic
08-08-2011, 03:15 PM

Imagine Smith as one of those WRs with Gailey "helping" call the plays. Going to be fun to watch indeed.

bosshogg21
08-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I like Donald jones...I really do. His playmaking ability is underrated. He is not nearly as gifted as David Nelson though. It seemed as king didnt even notice Nelson.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Obviously they don't have high thoughts on the running game if that's the case... unless they're preparing to install some sort of bizarre tackle-around scheme.