X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dasaybz
    • Apr 2005

Why hasn't OLine been addressed at all?

Every fan knows that our line is weak, especially the right side. Urbik is an interesting prospect, but not starter worthy. Pears is probably even more of a prospect. I just don't understand why everyone in the world, except for the people making decisions seem to know we have a huge hole there. Why not go out and bring in someone to play the position(s)? It's stupid moves (non moves) like this that drive me absolutely nuts.

Am I missing something here? Are these guys that good of prospects?

• Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Why hasn't OLine been addressed at all?

It hasn't? A 1st on Wood, 2nd on Levitre, 5th on Wang, 4th on Hairston, signing Urbik, Rinehart, Howard, and Pears, and going hard after Clabo?

Comment

• dasaybz
      • Apr 2005

I'm talking about this year. Teams castaways and 5th round picks aren't exactly addressing the situation.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dasaybz
        Every fan knows that our line is weak, especially the right side. Urbik is an interesting prospect, but not starter worthy. Pears is probably even more of a prospect. I just don't understand why everyone in the world, except for the people making decisions seem to know we have a huge hole there. Why not go out and bring in someone to play the position(s)? It's stupid moves (non moves) like this that drive me absolutely nuts.

Am I missing something here? Are these guys that good of prospects?
        1) They were trying to address other holes first, primarily defense.
        2) The coaches and FO seem to be higher on Bell and Pears than the rest of us.
        3) It's obvious to me that they've made an effort to address the RT position. Drafted Hairston and went after Clabo. Unfortunate they didn't succeed, but indicates they aren't happy with the RT spot.
        4) Maybe they want to give Bell the chance to develop. He did improve from 2009 to 2010, and if he can't make similar leaps from 2010 to 2011, they may find a stud.

The reality of the situation is that the OL sucks, but so have a lot of other positions. They've tried to put a band-aid on the OL while addressing other positions. It's also been apparent that they simply haven't had much of a chance to grab the right guy (according to them). Were there guys they could have signed/drafted? Yes, but it seems they want to get the right guys and they just haven't gotten the right ones.

I'm of the opinion that they'll get at least one OT in the first three rounds next year.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DBrown77
          Watching the Bills suck since 1999
          • Mar 2005

Dude, Jaspers going to be our RT. We're set.

/sarcasm

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

I think it's pretty obvious that they would have liked to upgrade the right side of the line with how hard they pursued Clabo. It's not their fault he wanted to stay with his current team where he's comfortable and has a great chance of making the playoffs.

It's too bad we couldn't land Clabo, but after that there probably wasn't anyone else they felt that much better about since they do seem pretty high on Urbik and Pears.

So they have a couple guys they like, drafted a good prospect, and heavily pursued Clabo. It may not be ideal, but it's not like they ignored it.

Comment

• dasaybz
              • Apr 2005

So they didn't have a plan B? Just Clabo or bust?

Not surprising at all.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dasaybz
                So they didn't have a plan B? Just Clabo or bust?

Not surprising at all.
                Plan B is obviously just stick with what they have and hope that one of these guys proves themselves to be adequate enough to get through the year.

I have to say, I'm always amused when people act indignant that the FO didn't take care of something RIGHT AWAY. Because, of course, if they had addressed it then we were headed for the Super Bowl this year.
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• theanswer74
                  • Apr 2004

They haven't addressed RT. The moved Wood to Center and want Urbik at RG to get bigger they did that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The excuse list is in my sig. Take your pick.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I pick 1, 3, & 4.

1) Build through the draft. Everyone knows Nix has said that from day one.

3) Don't want to overpay. Well, how did Dockery & Walker turn out?

4) No one available. It is well documented this was a great defensive draft. The Bills did make a run at Clabo.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Wow, please tell me you didn't copy that fool's thread into your signature.
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by psubills62

I have to say, I'm always amused when people act indignant that the FO didn't take care of something RIGHT AWAY. Because, of course, if they had addressed it then we were headed for the Super Bowl this year.
                          I find it amusing when people say,

"you can't address everything in one year"
                          "can you at least wait until the draft is over to start *****ing"
                          "can you at least wait until FA'cy period is over to start *****ing"

etc., etc.

well, 2 drafts and 2 FA'cy periods are over and we got....

the 10th tackle drafted in 2010;
                          the 12th tackle drafted in 2011;
                          a bunch of guys off the waiver wire.

Its especially amusing, considering that when he was hired, he knew both starters from the previous regime were let go.

Still too soon to start *****ing, or do we need to go another few years?

Comment

• dasaybz
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                            Plan B is obviously just stick with what they have and hope that one of these guys proves themselves to be adequate enough to get through the year.

Urbik and Pears are stop gaps until next year? You defend this garbage?

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

I think going into this year we had so many holes to fill and we really addressed the Defensive side of the ball.....

Im not sure how many games you watched last year but to me the Offense was the strength of the team and are defense was plain out awful.....

We have a really nice group of young guys on the OL and YES I would have luved to seen Clabo a Buffalo Bill but it didn't happen. You can't fix everything in 1 season....

If there is a very good OL guy out there then yes I think we should upgrade....
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X