PDA

View Full Version : lee evans trade rumor

tatersalad
08-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I seen on cbs aportsline in their rapid reports that the Bills were talking to Baltimore about Lee Evans has anyone else heard anything like this

tatersalad
08-08-2011, 04:59 PM
sorry here is what it said

Aug. 07, 2011 5:15 p.m. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15409372) - by Jason Butt - Ravens could go trade route for receiver (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15409372)
The Bills may be contemplating trading WR Lee Evans (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/492932/lee-evans) with WRs Steve Johnson (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/1116922/steve-johnson), Brad Smith (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/421137/brad-smith) and Roscoe Parrish (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/418311/roscoe-parrish) on their roster, according to the National Football Post. NFP writes there are “interested parties” in Evans. The Ravens could use Evans, a veteran speedster that can stretch the field. Ravens RapidReports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/BUF)

X-Era
08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd take Michael Oher or Terrell Suggs off their hands.

tatersalad
08-08-2011, 05:05 PM
does seem to be a position of strength, on our team Oher we should of drafted but thats a whole new can of worms.. I kinda wonder what lee's value is

X-Era
08-08-2011, 05:07 PM
does seem to be a position of strength, on our team Oher we should of drafted but thats a whole new can of worms.. I kinda wonder what lee's value isHe should be seen as a solid #1 WR or a very good #2.

Oaf
08-08-2011, 05:17 PM
This is hearsay from that NFP report which cites BRAD SMITH as the reason we might move him. What a laugh.

FlyingDutchman
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
pure speculation...I dunno where this started from but speculators seem to be breeding more speculation without an ounce of truth to it

camelcowboy
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
This is hearsay from that NFP report which cites BRAD SMITH as the reason we might move him. What a laugh.that was the same report that listed our 3rd wr as " Robert Parrish."

Tatonka
08-08-2011, 05:36 PM
no way we trade evans.. we are not good enough to give away talent unless it is to address a specific position of need and baltimore doesnt have anything to offer.. i assure you they are not giving up oher for a veteran receiver. they would be better off just resigning mason.

and this same article is mentioning brad smith as a receiver? its a pile of crap.. they dont know their head from their *******.

B-DON
08-08-2011, 05:38 PM
If we can get a 2nd, which I doubt we can, I'd be all for moving him. We have a nice group of receivers and I have a feeling with or without evans, johnson is gonna be a stud. Move nelson to #2 and parrish to the slot and we could be fine.

YardRat
08-08-2011, 05:49 PM
no way we trade evans.. we are not good enough to give away talent unless it is to address a specific position of need and baltimore doesnt have anything to offer.. i assure you they are not giving up oher for a veteran receiver. they would be better off just resigning mason.

and this same article is mentioning brad smith as a receiver? its a pile of crap.. they dont know their head from their *******.

Didn't Mason sign with the Jets?

B-DON
08-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Yea mason just signed with jets and the jets cut cotchery

TacklingDummy
08-08-2011, 05:55 PM

We'll throw in Maybin to make the deal even more sweater.

X-Era
08-08-2011, 06:15 PM
If we can get a 2nd, which I doubt we can, I'd be all for moving him. We have a nice group of receivers and I have a feeling with or without evans, johnson is gonna be a stud. Move nelson to #2 and parrish to the slot and we could be fine.I'd rather have a decent player than a pick to be honest... we need players right now

mrbojanglezs
08-08-2011, 06:17 PM
what could we even get? 3rd rounder? 4th?

psubills62
08-08-2011, 06:31 PM
That's still speculation based on a previous report and Baltimore's need for a WR. As I said before, he'd be a very good fit there, but nothing so far has indicated either team is interested in that trade.

Mr. Miyagi
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
It would be a completely stupid move on the Bills' part.

better days
08-08-2011, 07:13 PM
If we can get a 2nd, which I doubt we can, I'd be all for moving him. We have a nice group of receivers and I have a feeling with or without evans, johnson is gonna be a stud. Move nelson to #2 and parrish to the slot and we could be fine.

Without Evans, Johnson is gonna be double teamed all game long & much less effective than with Evans.

THATHURMANATOR
08-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Without Evans, Johnson is gonna be double teamed all game long & much less effective than with Evans.
While I am not big on trading Lee, Johnson seemed fine when Evans missed a bunch of games last year....

Night Train
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM

Why would we trade the guy unless we got a starter for OT or LB ? A pick would make ZERO sense.

X-Era
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Why would we trade the guy unless we got a starter for OT or LB ? A pick would make ZERO sense.I agree.

B-DON
08-08-2011, 08:01 PM
You trade him because he is on the downside of his career and we won't be contending anytime soon if ever. Might as well try to get a young player in return or a high draft pick. I'm of the belief that the whole Evans being double teamed is over stated. Johnson will be just fine with or without him. Not saying I would just trade him to trade him, but you always have to explore options that will improve this team

Extremebillsfan247
08-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Why would we trade the guy unless we got a starter for OT or LB ? A pick would make ZERO sense.

Well I don't think we are exactly playoff ready yet (about a year or 2 away in my best guesstimation) and Nix is insistent on building this team up through the draft, so why not try to add a draft pick? If that is the way this team plans to build, it would seem to be a positive to add draft picks if you can get them this early into the process.

As far as Lee Evans is concerned, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be to a point, angry if they did trade him. Lee Evans is one of the very few players on this team that has earned my respect. He's been with some horrible QBs, bad teams over his time here, has seen bad season after bad season, coaches come n go, and never once complained, just kept on working. That's honorable in my opinion.

However, I am not without a sense of reality here in knowing he isn't getting any younger. Even though he did have a bad year last year, he is still the most respected receiver on this team by opposing defenses, and with good reason. But he wont always be. If he has a second consecutive year like last year, your not likely to get as good of an offer for him as you probably would now, and it may be at a time when you actually need something at another position. I think if we are going to entertain offers for him, there probably isn't a better time to do it than now.

Our core of receivers is still relatively young and there is no way we can keep them all. There real question here is whether Stevie Johnson is good enough to be a number 1 receiver, or is he a better number 2? If we trade Lee, Stevie Johnson is going to get more attention than he may be ready for this early in his career. The only way I guess to find out if he is ready is to make a move. But, this is one move that can either turn out to our benefit, or end in disaster. Trading him is equivalent to playing with fire. It's all a matter of what level of risk your willing to take. JMO

ghz in pittsburgh
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Our core of receivers is still relatively young and there is no way we can keep them all. There real question here is whether Stevie Johnson is good enough to be a number 1 receiver, or is he a better number 2? If we trade Lee, Stevie Johnson is going to get more attention than he may be ready for this early in his career. The only way I guess to find out if he is ready is to make a move. But, this is one move that can either turn out to our benefit, or end in disaster. Trading him is equivalent to playing with fire. It's all a matter of what level of risk your willing to take. JMO

Unless you think getting a shot at Luck is a disaster.

I would like to have meaningful football in December or getting a real shot at Luck this year. I'm tired of the5, 6, 7 or 8 win seasons.

Extremebillsfan247
08-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Unless you think getting a shot at Luck is a disaster.

I would like to have meaningful football in December or getting a real shot at Luck this year. I'm tired of the5, 6, 7 or 8 win seasons.

That would equal complete failure in my opinion. Any team's objective is to win, not lose so you can draft first. <- That is what suckers do. I don't care how good Luck is, Ryan Leaf looked like a consummate can't miss pro in college and couldn't cut the mustard at the pro level.

Drafting Luck guarantees nothing. He has to prove he can play at the pro level first. He hasn't done that yet. What if we do draft him and he turns into Trent Edwards 2.0? How angry will you be? think about that for a moment. To think it can't happen is just as foolish as thinking he is the next Peyton Manning before he's even been tested by an NFL defense. Just saying, be careful for what you wish for.

Raptor
08-08-2011, 10:15 PM
If this trade stuff did have legs it seems like something the Bills would wait to pull off in season after they see what type of start we have

Philagape
08-08-2011, 10:25 PM
If Evans is gone and Stevie gets the double teams, then Nelson or Easley or Jones can step up. We saw a little bit of that after Evans went down last year.
The Gailey spread is just right for a deep receiving corps with no one star.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
While I am not big on trading Lee, Johnson seemed fine when Evans missed a bunch of games last year....

Brilliant point Thurm. This whole notion of Double teams are excuses used by Bills fans. Every great WR or Supposed Elite WR is Double Teamed. Stevie johnson will get more double teams than Lee Evans in 2011 and will continue to outperform him cause HE IS AWESOME!

better days
08-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Brilliant point Thurm. This whole notion of Double teams are excuses used by Bills fans. Every great WR or Supposed Elite WR is Double Teamed. Stevie johnson will get more double teams than Lee Evans in 2011 and will continue to outperform him cause HE IS AWESOME!

Check out Stevies production the games Evans missed last year. Then post again.

B-DON
08-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Why don't you just post them for us instead of being a smart ass?

BuffaloBlitz83
08-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Check out Stevies production the games Evans missed last year. Then post again.

He averaged 5.25 receptions and 60 yards a game in the final 4 games of year. Evans averaged 44 yards per game last year

ChristopherWalken
08-09-2011, 06:17 AM
I don't even think this is an option for Buffalo.

With Gailey's offense, Fitz's quik release (quicker than we have see in recent past), Johnson, Evans pulling the field, opposing defenses can no longer afford the luxury of piling 11 in the box.

This would be a bad trade.

X-Era
08-09-2011, 06:26 AM
I don't even think this is an option for Buffalo.

With Gailey's offense, Fitz's quik release (quicker than we have see in recent past), Johnson, Evans pulling the field, opposing defenses can no longer afford the luxury of piling 11 in the box.

This would be a bad trade.The question would be whether they could survive losing Evans. I could see that they might be able to.

#1- Johnson
#2- Nelson or Davis
#3- Parrish
#4- Nelson or Davis
#5- Roosevelt or Easley

Buster Davis is thought of as a guy who could be #2 WR. The other possibility is to sign someone. Maybe Steve Smith, or Housh, or Mark Clayton.

But what you may get out of it is the pass rusher you need like Suggs or the high level young OT like Oher.

k-oneputt
08-09-2011, 06:34 AM
There is no way they are getting Suggs or Oher so everyone can forget that talk for the day.

X-Era
08-09-2011, 06:36 AM
There is no way they are getting Suggs or Oher so everyone can forget that talk for the day.You can only believe that if you de-value Evans. What do you put Evans as? He's a solid, but not great, #1 WR. Oher is a solid but not great OT. Suggs is a solid and used to be great DE/OLB. If necessary, I'd throw in a late pick.

k-oneputt
08-09-2011, 07:19 AM
You can only believe that if you de-value Evans. What do you put Evans as? He's a solid, but not great, #1 WR. Oher is a solid but not great OT. Suggs is a solid and used to be great DE/OLB. If necessary, I'd throw in a late pick.

You would have to throw in more then a late rd. pick.

Evans is a marginal #1, really a #2. who is 29 yrs old. He has some value but not for either of those two guys. If I had to pick one possibly Suggs to him being a little older then Oher. No way in the world are they trading their starting left tackle to us , who is still young and hasn't even peaked.
Also you have to look at the positions. Wr compared to left tackle and a pass rusher. The three most important positions are qb and probably left tackle and pass rushers. Wr's and rb's you can more easily find.
I would love to see it but really can't see either of those two guys. I also think Gailey believes he can trade Evans and still be fine with the other receivers we have on hand.

Mike
08-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Every good wr gets doubled so if Stevie Johnson is going to be good he is going to have to learn how to beat a double. Now, who gets tripled? Maybe occasionally great WR like Owens would have a double and a shadow. Hope Stevie gets there one day. Now all this being said here is my main point.

A. Johnson is better Wr at this point
B. Better WR get double
= Johnson will get covered Evens won't
(btw, Teams have stopped doubling Evens for quite some time now)

A. Evens is one trick Speed pony
B. One trick Speed Wr have a hard time being effective in other ways and routs
= Evens won't be effective except where Speed is needed

Combined
A Better Teams will role coverage to Johnson
B Evens will be singled
= Evens won't be able to take advantage of Singled opportunities except for speed routs

Overall, Get good enough compensation and say bye bye to Lee. We can always replace him with a more complete WR. He is not elite, replacing him will not be hard.

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Player for player trades happen so rarely Id be a bit shocked if the Bills tried it.

Imo if we move Evans its going to be for a pick or two, and I do think it makes sense.

better days
08-09-2011, 07:37 AM

Evans is a marginal #1, really a #2. who is 29 yrs old. He has some value but not for either of those two guys. If I had to pick one possibly Suggs to him being a little older then Oher. No way in the world are they trading their starting left tackle to us , who is still young and hasn't even peaked.
Also you have to look at the positions. Wr compared to left tackle and a pass rusher. The three most important positions are qb and probably left tackle and pass rushers. Wr's and rb's you can more easily find.
I would love to see it but really can't see either of those two guys. I also think Gailey believes he can trade Evans and still be fine with the other receivers we have on hand.

Why would you think Gailey believes he can be trade Evans & be still be fine with the other receivers when Chan has said he is going to make it a point to get Evans more involved this year?

k-oneputt
08-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Why would you think Gailey believes he can be trade Evans & be still be fine with the other receivers when Chan has said he is going to make it a point to get Evans more involved this year?

They brought in Smith and recently Davis. They like Donald Jones. Looks to me like they have a numbers crunch situation at wr.
And what do you expect him to say in regards to Evans ?
Just my opinion how I see the situation. Doesn't mean that Evans will be trade but it wouldn't shock me either.

acehole
08-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I told you folks!

I was ridiculed in my post "writing on the wall" Months ago.

Pay Attention!

I seen on cbs aportsline in their rapid reports that the Bills were talking to Baltimore about Lee Evans has anyone else heard anything like this

Jan Reimers
08-09-2011, 08:17 AM
As I have said, we have a virtually untested receiving corps except for Evans. Johnson has had exactly one good year, and Parrish a partial year. Other than that, Smith is a Wildcat QB, Davis a so-far bust, Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt 2nd year UDFAs, and Easley has yet to play a game.

It is at best premature to trade our one proven, experienced WR, who brings veteran leadership and is so good with the young guys.

trapezeus
08-09-2011, 08:21 AM

I think there is enough film on johnson now that he faced double teams last year. Why are people so hell bent on covering a guy who hasn't shown much the last two years when across the field, there is a guy who routinely is part of the game plan?

After the "why so serious" game, stevie was probably keyed in on more than lee evans simply because he was more effective.

Jan Reimers
08-09-2011, 08:29 AM
I think there is enough film on johnson now that he faced double teams last year. Why are people so hell bent on covering a guy who hasn't shown much the last two years when across the field, there is a guy who routinely is part of the game plan?

After the "why so serious" game, stevie was probably keyed in on more than lee evans simply because he was more effective.
Evans gives us a much needed element of speed, which opens up the field and helps our other receivers get open.

better days
08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
That would equal complete failure in my opinion. Any team's objective is to win, not lose so you can draft first. <- That is what suckers do. I don't care how good Luck is, Ryan Leaf looked like a consummate can't miss pro in college and couldn't cut the mustard at the pro level.

Drafting Luck guarantees nothing. He has to prove he can play at the pro level first. He hasn't done that yet. What if we do draft him and he turns into Trent Edwards 2.0? How angry will you be? think about that for a moment. To think it can't happen is just as foolish as thinking he is the next Peyton Manning before he's even been tested by an NFL defense. Just saying, be careful for what you wish for.

Luck has not even proved he can play in College without Harbaugh yet. Lets see how he does this year.

better days
08-09-2011, 08:53 AM
You trade him because he is on the downside of his career and we won't be contending anytime soon if ever. Might as well try to get a young player in return or a high draft pick. I'm of the belief that the whole Evans being double teamed is over stated. Johnson will be just fine with or without him. Not saying I would just trade him to trade him, but you always have to explore options that will improve this team

Just because Evans did not have good numbers last year does not mean his skills have diminished. 5 games of 0 receptions, 2 games with 1 reception, 2 games with 2 receptions.

If they actually throw him the ball this year & he puts up similar numbers,you can say he is on the downside of his career.

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
As I have said, we have a virtually untested receiving corps except for Evans. Johnson has had exactly one good year, and Parrish a partial year. Other than that, Smith is a Wildcat QB, Davis a so-far bust, Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt 2nd year UDFAs, and Easley has yet to play a game.

It is at best premature to trade our one proven, experienced WR, who brings veteran leadership and is so good with the young guys.

Ive brought this up numerous times as a reason to be concerned about our relatively unproven WR corp even with Evans. People don't see it this way.

EDS
08-09-2011, 10:56 AM
With the way the salary cap works this year can the Bills actually stand to lose his salary and still be compliant (assuming a trade with draft picks in return)?

I also find is puzzling that people suggest Evans should be traded due age yet there is no problem with bringing in an injured 30 year old linebacker. Hmm.

THRILLHO
08-09-2011, 11:05 AM
With the way the salary cap works this year can the Bills actually stand to lose his salary and still be compliant (assuming a trade with draft picks in return)?

I also find is puzzling that people suggest Evans should be traded due age yet there is no problem with bringing in an injured 30 year old linebacker. Hmm.

I assume you are talking about the salary floor. There is none per team until 2013. As an average, the whole league must spend a certain amount these next two years.

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
I assume you are talking about the salary floor. There is none per team until 2013. As an average, the whole league must spend a certain amount these next two years.

And to make up for other teams spending below what they can, certain teams can spend over the cap to bring the league within compliance.

EDS
08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
And to make up for other teams spending below what they can, certain teams can spend over the cap to bring the league within compliance.

Go Bills!

B-DON
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Just because Evans did not have good numbers last year does not mean his skills have diminished. 5 games of 0 receptions, 2 games with 1 reception, 2 games with 2 receptions.

If they actually throw him the ball this year & he puts up similar numbers,you can say he is on the downside of his career.

Lol that might have been the worse rebuttal of all time. You pretty ,ouch made my point for me. How the hell can you defend a guy that had 5 games with ZERO rec? Stevie won't let that happen even if he was tripled team. Evans is a one trick pony. Thanks again for proving my point

trapezeus
08-09-2011, 01:08 PM
i don't think people argue that evans is too old, it's just that he's been fairly ineffective for about 2 years now. and we can all agree he isn't a number 1. there could be a team that wants to put a solid #2 with their number 1. that could come at a nice price payable to the bills.

as for the poster who brought up barnett, i think bills fans look at barnett as a stop gap. we lost poz, the lb core is very weak. if the offense improves and the secondary and DL is as upgraded as we hope, the bills will be looking at LB's on the inside and outside and a QB.

X-Era
08-09-2011, 03:50 PM

I would love to see it but really can't see either of those two guys. I also think Gailey believes he can trade Evans and still be fine with the other receivers we have on hand.Well, none of these guys are top 10 right now at their positions. I took a quick look at ESPN's rankings just to check my thinking and they agree. Suggs is the closest at 12. Value wise, I don't think it's as far off as you think it is.

X-Era
08-09-2011, 03:54 PM

I also find is puzzling that people suggest Evans should be traded due age yet there is no problem with bringing in an injured 30 year old linebacker. Hmm.Cap is no issue. Were over 20 mill under.

X-Era
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
i don't think people argue that evans is too old, it's just that he's been fairly ineffective for about 2 years now. and we can all agree he isn't a number 1. there could be a team that wants to put a solid #2 with their number 1. that could come at a nice price payable to the bills.

as for the poster who brought up barnett, i think bills fans look at barnett as a stop gap. we lost poz, the lb core is very weak. if the offense improves and the secondary and DL is as upgraded as we hope, the bills will be looking at LB's on the inside and outside and a QB.I don't look at Evans as someone who we should just can. I look at it as if we may be able to sacrifice him to get better in another area which makes us better overall. If the Bills would simply spend a bit more we might find players who can help without having to get rid of him. To me that's the real issue.

better days
08-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Lol that might have been the worse rebuttal of all time. You pretty ,ouch made my point for me. How the hell can you defend a guy that had 5 games with ZERO rec? Stevie won't let that happen even if he was tripled team. Evans is a one trick pony. Thanks again for proving my point

What are you talking about?? How can you have ANY receptions at all when the ball is not thrown to you?????????

better days
08-09-2011, 04:17 PM

as for the poster who brought up barnett, i think bills fans look at barnett as a stop gap. we lost poz, the lb core is very weak. if the offense improves and the secondary and DL is as upgraded as we hope, the bills will be looking at LB's on the inside and outside and a QB.

If Barnett is healthy, he still has a few good years in him, not that the Bills don't need to add more LB's. If the Bills can get GOOD VALUE for Evans I would be fine with it. I do not consider a 3rd rnd pick to be good value myself.

I saw a Bucs fan in Walmart today wearing a Michael Clayton Jersey, ahh the memories that brought back. After a GREAT year, he looked like a star in the making. He has done nothing since that year. I hope Stevie does not go in that direction but he could.

acehole
08-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Indeed....however for a starting LT? a 1rst round pick?
This offense is not suited for Lee Evans...He is not a possession
guy...he is not this regimes guy and he is not part of the youth
movement happening to our 2011 Bills. I am not advocating trading him
but I can see their point in doing so at the right price.

B-DON
08-09-2011, 04:49 PM
What are you talking about?? How can you have ANY receptions at all when the ball is not thrown to you?????????
It has to do with Evans being a one trick pony and Stevie being able to go over the middle. Just because he had zero catches doesn't mean he wasn't thrown to genius. It means he had zero, zilch, none , catches. If lee was open he would get the ball. Fitz spreads the ball around quite nicely and Evans only has him self to blame, well and a ****ty oline but that's beside the point

X-Era
08-09-2011, 05:04 PM
The Card's may have interest:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

http://www.xtra910.com/pages/mikejurecki.html?article=8947558

What do the Card's have that may help us?

Levi Brown would be nice but I doubt they would do it. Although he's coming into a contract year and this seems to say he's underwhelmed:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4185/levi-brown

Brown makes 5 mill this year and Evans makes 3.275 + 1.5 (roster bonus) so the money is about the same. Brown starts at LT but he could be moved to RT.

better days
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
It has to do with Evans being a one trick pony and Stevie being able to go over the middle. Just because he had zero catches doesn't mean he wasn't thrown to genius. It means he had zero, zilch, none , catches. If lee was open he would get the ball. Fitz spreads the ball around quite nicely and Evans only has him self to blame, well and a ****ty oline but that's beside the point

Well, genius, Evans missed 3 of the Games with 0 catches, had Trent Edwards as his QB in one game with 4 catches for 35 Yds & Trent as his QB in one game for 0 catches when Trent never threw him the ball. To be honest, I can't remember if Fitz threw him a ball or not in his other games with 0 receptions. Watch the game then you can comment. It is obvious that you don't watch football, you just read about it.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
The Card's may have interest:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?rw=1

http://www.xtra910.com/pages/mikejurecki.html?article=8947558

What do the Card's have that may help us?

ILB Darryl Washington?

S Kerry Rhodes?

B-DON
08-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Well, genius, Evans missed 3 of the Games with 0 catches, had Trent Edwards as his QB in one game with 4 catches for 35 Yds & Trent as his QB in one game for 0 catches when Trent never threw him the ball. To be honest, I can't remember if Fitz threw him a ball or not in his other games with 0 receptions. Watch the game then you can comment. It is obvious that you don't watch football, you just read about it.

Lee evans sucks with any qb that cant launch the ball 80 yds cuz all he can do is run straight and fast. Like I said Genius, if he was open he would get the ball. Simple as that. Ur making it seem like the guy is constantly open but we just ignore passing to him. Get serious. Evans is pretty much a bernard berrian. Both are fast but refuse to improve their underneath and short games.

X-Era
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
ILB Darryl Washington?

S Kerry Rhodes?I like Washington but I think we probably will be alright for the time being at ILB. Levi Brown could make sense if were convinced he's a solid starting LT/RT.

scartown
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
ILB Darryl Washington?

S Kerry Rhodes?

I'm not sure about Rhodes but there's no way Washington gets moved for Evans.

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
We're not trading Lee Evans for another player, you guys can stop getting your hopes up. He's going to go for a mid round pick and maybe a late pick if we are lucky.

X-Era
08-09-2011, 07:07 PM
We're not trading Lee Evans for another player, you guys can stop getting your hopes up. He's going to go for a mid round pick and maybe a late pick if we are lucky.Then he might as well stay. I have no interest in an extra pick at this point of the year.

BillsFever21
08-09-2011, 07:46 PM

If we could get a 2nd round pick for him I'd be all for it too but I'm sure that wouldn't happen. The Bills never get great value. We would end up getting a 4th or maybe a 3rd at best if we were lucky.

Evans is average at best and with his salary I doubt we would get a 2nd round pick. His high salary compared to his production is probably why they are trying to move him in the 1st place.

mrbojanglezs
08-09-2011, 07:48 PM
there is no way we get a 2nd for him, you guys are dreaming

acehole
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
From a contender?

No problem....

there is no way we get a 2nd for him, you guys are dreaming

BloFan4Life
08-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Does Blame Canada know anything about these rumors??

alohabillsfan
08-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Then he might as well stay. I have no interest in an extra pick at this point of the year.

Why not? We have young receiver talent? Buddy, "build throught the draft". I wouldnt mind the magahee 3 and 5 deal, thoughts?

alohabillsfan
08-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I agree with the other poster, where the hell is our trusted source Blame Canada when you need him...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Then he might as well stay. I have no interest in an extra pick at this point of the year.

the problem is if he stays i dont see buffalo cutting easley or roosevelt.

the locks right now if evans stays are

evans
johnson
parrish
nelson
jones

easley and roosevelt going for that 6th spot. obd does not want to cut those 2 players. they are younger and could be better all around wrs than evans, especially naaman, i have a feeling about this kid.

we are forced to trade him for a 4th or 5th probably.

delectrolux
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM
As has been said before, we lost with him, we can lose without him. If you get a fourth or better, send him on out. We've got young guys chomping at the bit to get out there and prove themselves.

BertSquirtgum
08-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Lee Evans isn't going anywhere. Get it out of your heads fools. There's no point in trading him now.

Mr. Pink
08-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Lee Evans at best is worth a mid to late 4th.

He's a guy who ain't get younger and his only asset is speed.

Not too mention his numbers are in a perpetual decline.

What do you think that's really gonna get you on the open market?

BuffaloBlitz83
08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Lee Evans at best is worth a mid to late 4th.

He's a guy who ain't get younger and his only asset is speed.

Not too mention his numbers are in a perpetual decline.

What do you think that's really gonna get you on the open market?

Especially considering what Ochocinco went for a 5th and 6th. Chad has had a much better career.

better days
08-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Lee evans sucks with any qb that cant launch the ball 80 yds cuz all he can do is run straight and fast. Like I said Genius, if he was open he would get the ball. Simple as that. Ur making it seem like the guy is constantly open but we just ignore passing to him. Get serious. Evans is pretty much a bernard berrian. Both are fast but refuse to improve their underneath and short games.

Well, Genious, I am finished debating with you because it is obvious like I said, you read about football but don't watch the games. You know NOTHING about football & are not worth wasting my time on.

You will get no more response from me in any thread.

Bmax
08-09-2011, 11:58 PM
If Lee Evans is traded who do we have to play outside and stretch the field ?

No one...with speed and experience...Easely has deep speed but he a major projecvt who is injuried...Roosevelt no speed.. Nelson...slot guy with size not a burner...Jones...not a burner...So we have no one .. So why are we in such a hurry to trade him...it makes no sense .. In 2012 maybe then we will at least know what we have in easely and others until then ..

Keep the only guy on the team that can make a lighting in the bottle play in the passing game...

Bmax

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 12:04 AM

No one...with speed and experience...Easely has deep speed but he a major projecvt who is injuried...Roosevelt no speed.. Nelson...slot guy with size not a burner...Jones...not a burner...So we have no one .. So why are we in such a hurry to trade him...it makes no sense .. In 2012 maybe then we will at least know what we have in easely and others until then ..

Keep the only guy on the team that can make a lighting in the bottle play in the passing game...

Bmax

Roscoe Parrish could be used to stretch the field.

Mike
08-10-2011, 01:18 AM
I told you folks!

I was ridiculed in my post "writing on the wall" Months ago.

Pay Attention!

Of course you were.... Mention anything before people are ready to hear it and before its appear and you will be ridiculed.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-10-2011, 01:46 AM

Bmax

marcus easley has major deep speed and more size, donald jones can get deep. parrish and johnson also. wtf

X-Era
08-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Why not? We have young receiver talent? Buddy, "build throught the draft". I wouldnt mind the magahee 3 and 5 deal, thoughts? I want better and more proven talent at a few positions. A pick or picks does not help our 2011 team and may or may not help us long term.

I'd like a player at need position instead. Levi Brown is going into his contract year and has underwhelmed so far. What is he worth? Is he somehow worth more than Evans?

Jan Reimers
08-10-2011, 06:23 AM
The lack of understanding of what Lee Evans adds to our passing game - speed, route running, a veteran presence - coupled with the naive belief that Parrish (a small slot guy) or Easley (hasn't played a single game) or Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt (all posession guys) can easily replace him, is mind boggling.

X-Era
08-10-2011, 06:33 AM
The lack of understanding of what Lee Evans adds to our passing game - speed, route running, a veteran presence - coupled with the naive belief that Parrish (a small slot guy) or Easley (hasn't played a single game) or Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt (all posession guys) can easily replace him, is mind boggling.I don't think he's equally replaced right away, I agree.

I think that the needs in other areas may make losing him worth it.

Let's say we trade Evans for Levi Brown and Brown starts at RT from day one and plays solid. In the meantime, Nelson or Davis steps in. Can they do as well as 37 catches, 578 yards, and 4 TD's? I think that is doable.

It's trading from a position of strength to add to a position of weakness. The overall talent will dictate more of what our record is, not one player. And with a thin and questionable right side of the line, we may find that our record is affected by this weakness.

What I don't want is a pick. We need players for this season, not a pick.

Jan Reimers
08-10-2011, 06:54 AM
I don't think he's equally replaced right away, I agree.

Let's say we trade Evans for Levi Brown and Brown starts at RT from day one and plays solid. In the meantime, Nelson or Davis steps in. Can they do as well as 37 catches, 578 yards, and 4 TD's? I think that is doable.

It's trading from a position of strength to add to a position of weakness. The overall talent will dictate more of what our record is, not one player. And with a thin and questionable right side of the line, we may find that our record is affected by this weakness.

I don't view WR as a position of great strength. We have a lot of competent receivers, but this is not a star studded unit. And Evans' value, as stated by many posters, is greater than his numbers. Does anyone really think that Stevie Johson would have had the kind of season he had if Evans were not attracting attention and stretching the field?

I also don't believe in weakening an already competent unit in order to strengthen another. There were several veteran RTs available in free agency, yet the FO chose (at least publicly) only to chase Clabo, and lost. If we now trade Evans, which will weaken the WR position, to bring in a RT, I will be pissed. We had a chance to do that without undermining our WR corps, but we failed to act. Let's not trade Evans away now out of some sort of feeling of desperation.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 07:08 AM

Wouldn't shock me if he stayed, but if they move him it won't be for another player. Nix builds through the drafts so of course he would trade for more draft picks.

better days
08-10-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't think he's equally replaced right away, I agree.

When the line is set at 5.5 games, why do the Bills need players this season? Trading Evans would undoubtedly weaken the WR corp so how is any player going to make a big difference in this season for the Bills?

Unless they could get a quality young OL or LB, which I doubt they can, I would rather have a HIGH draft pick myself. Evans still has 2 years left on his contract. I don't see why people are in a hurry to trade him myself. If the young receivers develop, the Bills can trade Evans next year for probably better value than today after Lee has a great year this year.

acehole
08-10-2011, 09:22 AM
One tip off we may be thinking trading evan is we did just sign a wr.

Why did we do that?

We have way to many on roster.

When the line is set at 5.5 games, why do the Bills need players this season? Trading Evans would undoubtedly weaken the WR corp so how is any player going to make a big difference in this season for the Bills?

Unless they could get a quality young OL or LB, which I doubt they can, I would rather have a HIGH draft pick myself. Evans still has 2 years left on his contract. I don't see why people are in a hurry to trade him myself. If the young receivers develop, the Bills can trade Evans next year for probably better value than today after Lee has a great year this year.

better days
08-10-2011, 10:10 AM
One tip off we may be thinking trading evan is we did just sign a wr.

Why did we do that?

We have way to many on roster.

Some of which are camp fodder & some will go to the PS.

trapezeus
08-10-2011, 10:19 AM
The lack of understanding of what Lee Evans adds to our passing game - speed, route running, a veteran presence - coupled with the naive belief that Parrish (a small slot guy) or Easley (hasn't played a single game) or Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt (all posession guys) can easily replace him, is mind boggling.

i see your point if we were playoff team. but we aren't. even if everything works on all cylinders, i think we are a 8 win team at best. That hasn't and will continue to be not enough to make the playoffs.

if the bills will be lackluster with evans, and getting more picks helps to fix the "under talented" gap the team has, we have to address it.

i think we did a good job at getting better players onto this team this year. but injury wise and depth wise, we are not good enough to plug and play other positions. We still have backups in starting roles. Hangartner just got put onto the backup squad. he's a great backup, we need more of that. Evans goes, we have guys who want to take a look at playing. Then we know what our needs are and have extra picks to fix them and get depth.

I just don't think evans is as good as people has made him out to be. at some point it's on evans for getting taken out on double teams. he's just not as effective as he once was.

kelly2reed4six
08-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Sure they could, but it would be because every team will just double Stevie J if Evans is gone and his production will go to *****.......but hey, we'll have a 37 catch, 578 yd, and 4 td receiver oppositive of him!!

acehole
08-10-2011, 11:56 AM

Perfect.

This offense need WR's who can go over middle...block more then then spreading the field.

We are a run first team....we need physical WR's as witnessed by the type of guys we are picking up.

IE nelson easley and the rest.

We still need a 3rd guy speedster... we have that and Lee won't be happy there anyway.

better days
08-10-2011, 12:06 PM
i see your point if we were playoff team. but we aren't. even if everything works on all cylinders, i think we are a 8 win team at best. That hasn't and will continue to be not enough to make the playoffs.

if the bills will be lackluster with evans, and getting more picks helps to fix the "under talented" gap the team has, we have to address it.

i think we did a good job at getting better players onto this team this year. but injury wise and depth wise, we are not good enough to plug and play other positions. We still have backups in starting roles. Hangartner just got put onto the backup squad. he's a great backup, we need more of that. Evans goes, we have guys who want to take a look at playing. Then we know what our needs are and have extra picks to fix them and get depth.

I just don't think evans is as good as people has made him out to be. at some point it's on evans for getting taken out on double teams. he's just not as effective as he once was.

If the Bills could get QUALITY picks for Evans, I would be fine with trading him due to his age & the fact the Bills have a number of prospects that may be good.

If you look at when Evans was effective it was when he had JP throwing him the ball. Since Losman left, Evans has been saddled with Trent dinking & dunking rarely throwing him the ball & when he did it was only a few yards past the line of scrimmage. Last year Fitz had much better chemistry with Stevie, everyone knows that. If Fitz throws Evans the ball this year or a QB from another team does, I think you will see he is effective again.

B-DON
08-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, Genious, I am finished debating with you because it is obvious like I said, you read about football but don't watch the games. You know NOTHING about football & are not worth wasting my time on.

You will get no more response from me in any thread.
Lol ok buddy. Thanks for the heads up. Always fun debating with clowns like you that cant provide stats and just use the "you don't watch football excuse". Little do you know ive had the ticket for a decade now lol. How bout you try watching more than a Bills game so you can see what a stud wr looks like and then tell me how good Evans is. Great job on spelling genius too By the way lol

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Lol ok buddy. Thanks for the heads up. Always fun debating with clowns like you that cant provide stats and just use the "you don't watch football excuse". Little do you know ive had the ticket for a decade now lol. How bout you try watching more than a Bills game so you can see what a stud wr looks like and then tell me how good Evans is. Great job on spelling genius too By the way lol

We cannot compare Lee Evans to other receivers because other WRs have not had such bad circumstances as Lee has had. Lee's decline in numbers has nothing to do with Lee it has to do with coaching, gameplan, qb, etc..

That's what I've learned reading this board on Lee Evans based posts.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd take Braylon Edwards over Lee Evans any day of week. And yes I know he had a DWI

acehole
08-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Actually Jan. None of the above would.

We would be looking to fill Johnson's roll not Lees roll.

Johnson would be # 1 and said mentioned would be # 2.

Johnson looks ready as can be to be a #1WR in this offense at 6.2 he is a better fit.

Don't forget we signed Buster Davis. Davis has 4.4 speed and is known as a sharp route runner. He would be replacing Steve Johnson's place as #2. With a 10 ypc average he could make a good # 2. 6-1 he is more physical then Lee...Remember he was a 2007 first round pick. He was injury prone in SD however and that can't be discounted but a change of scenery could help him regain his form. He is completely healed of his injury...keep an eye on him at camp. If he is back to form....it would make Lee that much more expendable. As other have mentioned WR is less of an issue when the ball is spread around to 5 or 6 different targets..including Rb's, TE and slot Wr's.

Having said all that we need value for him as we are still rebuilding.

2 good picks would go along way in a trade up in next years draft.

mysticsoto
08-10-2011, 04:15 PM
If Easley can stay healthy, I have NO DOUBT he can make an impact on this team!!!

Jan Reimers
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Actually Jan. None of the above would.

We would be looking to fill Johnson's roll not Lees roll.

Johnson would be # 1 and said mentioned would be # 2.

Johnson looks ready as can be to be a #1WR in this offense at 6.2 he is a better fit.

Don't forget we signed Buster Davis. Davis has 4.4 speed and is known as a sharp route runner. He would be replacing Steve Johnson's place as #2. With a 10 ypc average he could make a good # 2. 6-1 he is more physical then Lee...Remember he was a 2007 first round pick. He was injury prone in SD however and that can't be discounted but a change of scenery could help him regain his form. He is completely healed of his injury...keep an eye on him at camp. If he is back to form....it would make Lee that much more expendable. As other have mentioned WR is less of an issue when the ball is spread around to 5 or 6 different targets..including Rb's, TE and slot Wr's.

Having said all that we need value for him as we are still rebuilding.

2 good picks would go along way in a trade up in next years draft.
I love "Said Mentioned" as our number 2 guy. He is really good. And the blazer, Buster Davis, has had a great career to date. Lee is definitely expendable, given the outstanding ability of Said and Buster.

Sorry, but I just don't understand the obsession with getting rid of our only proven WR.

better days
08-10-2011, 04:39 PM
If Easley can stay healthy, I have NO DOUBT he can make an impact on this team!!!

Nor do I..........staying healthy is what I have my doubts about.

delectrolux
08-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Sorry, but I just don't understand the obsession with getting rid of our only proven WR.

It's not an obsession, it's an option. The point being, do you get enough out of Lee to make that big of a difference on the field over any number of these young receivers opposite Stevie? If you don't, then it makes sense to trade Lee while he's got some value.

I think you don't. So if you get offered a 4th or higher, I would take it. Send Lee for a change of scenery to be the #2 to Fitzgerald and spread the field for Kolb. Give some of these young guys time on the field to either develop and prove their worth, or prove they don't belong, while the Bill's offense grows together for next year.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I love "Said Mentioned" as our number 2 guy. He is really good. And the blazer, Buster Davis, has had a great career to date. Lee is definitely expendable, given the outstanding ability of Said and Buster.

A "proven" declining one trick pony WR.

YardRat
08-10-2011, 04:45 PM

Lofton filled that role pretty admirably for us at one time.

I'd prefer to keep Evans around until we can find somebody that can stretch the field to replace him, and I don't see that guy on our current roster.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Lofton filled that role pretty admirably for us at one time.

I'd prefer to keep Evans around until we can find somebody that can stretch the field to replace him, and I don't see that guy on our current roster.

All you need is a speed guy to stretch the field...Roscoe Parrish can do that.

It doesn't matter if that guy is your 1, 2 or 3 or where that guy lines up.

Az Zahir Hakim was used to stretch the field on the Rams during the greatest show on turf days, was he awesome? No, but he was effective in allowing the underneath to be open for the stars, Holt and Bruce, to maneuver and get open consistently.

YardRat
08-10-2011, 04:49 PM
All you need is a speed guy to stretch the field...Roscoe Parrish can do that.

It doesn't matter if that guy is your 1, 2 or 3 or where that guy lines up.

Az Zahir Hakim was used to stretch the field on the Rams during the greatest show on turf days, was he awesome? No, but he was effective in allowing the underneath to be open for the stars, Holt and Bruce, to maneuver and get open consistently.

I wouldn't be too keen on moving a guy that is supposed to thrive on quick hitters to the outside to stretch the field, not to mention Parrish is a china doll.

better days
08-10-2011, 04:49 PM
It's not an obsession, it's an option. The point being, do you get enough out of Lee to make that big of a difference on the field over any number of these young receivers opposite Stevie? If you don't, then it makes sense to trade Lee while he's got some value.

I think you don't. So if you get offered a 4th or higher, I would take it. Send Lee for a change of scenery to be the #2 to Fitzgerald and spread the field for Kolb. Give some of these young guys time on the field to either develop and prove their worth, or prove they don't belong, while the Bill's offense grows together for next year.

The difference we are having, is you consider a 4th rnd pick value. I think most people except the few that want to trade Evans do not see a 4th rnd pick as value.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't be too keen on moving a guy that is supposed to thrive on quick hitters to the outside to stretch the field, not to mention Parrish is a china doll.

If Buster Davis has 4.4 speed he could also be used to stretch the field.

All you need is a legit speed threat to stretch the field, you also need a QB who can heave the ball 50 yards on cue too for it to work.

Hell you could line Spiller up wide and us him to stretch the field.

If all you want Evans here for is to stretch the field, what purpose does he serve, outside of being an expensive decoy.

delectrolux
08-10-2011, 04:55 PM
The difference we are having, is you consider a 4th rnd pick value. I think most people except the few that want to trade Evans do not see a 4th rnd pick as value.

Any pick has value. Especially when you can package it with other picks or a player to sweeten a deal if you need to.

In my opinion, the difference we are having, is that you think Lee brings more to the Bills than I do. I don't think there'd be that big a drop off in our offensive production if one of the other receivers stepped in for Lee. I doubt it means many more receiving yards or TDs if Lee's on the field versus Davis, or Easley or Nelson.

But I'm not obsessed. I'd be happy if Lee stays, I just don't think it's that big of a deal if he goes.

YardRat
08-10-2011, 04:58 PM

All you need is a legit speed threat to stretch the field, you also need a QB who can heave the ball 50 yards on cue too for it to work.

If all you want Evans here for is to stretch the field, what purpose does he serve, outside of being an expensive decoy.

It isn't just about being a decoy...obviously he has to do more than just run fly patterns all game long.

I don't think Davis has the skills to contribute as much as expected. Spiller may be fast, but he isn't going to be the downfield presence going after jump balls, hand-checking for position, fighting for the ball, etc.

Evans adds value to the offense as a contributor and a decoy, and nobody else on the roster is capable of doing the same at a similar level.

X-Era
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM

If all you want Evans here for is to stretch the field, what purpose does he serve, outside of being an expensive decoy.One of the most underrated parts about Evans is his hands. He catches almost everything. It could be that Davis or Easley is fine in that regard but maybe not, we don't really know.

better days
08-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Any pick has value. Especially when you can package it with other picks or a player to sweeten a deal if you need to.

In my opinion, the difference we are having, is that you think Lee brings more to the Bills than I do. I don't think there'd be that big a drop off in our offensive production if one of the other receivers stepped in for Lee. I doubt it means many more receiving yards or TDs if Lee's on the field versus Davis, or Easley or Nelson.

But I'm not obsessed. I'd be happy if Lee stays, I just don't think it's that big of a deal if he goes.

The difference we are having is I think Lee brings more value to the team than the majority of 4th rnd picks do. It would be a RARE 4th rnd pick that is as good as Evans.

Ed
08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm sure the Bills are willing to listen to offer for Evans, but I can't really see them getting good value at this point, so I don't think a deal happens. This isn't like a situation where you have to trade a guy or risk losing him for nothing.

I like our WR's, but they are young and inexperienced so I'd rather just see us play this season out with Evans and see where we stand after the season. If we are going to trade him for picks then let's increase his value by having a better year, and give our young guys an extra season to develop.

better days
08-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm sure the Bills are willing to listen to offer for Evans, but I can't really see them getting good value at this point, so I don't think a deal happens. This isn't like a situation where you have to trade a guy or risk losing him for nothing.

I like our WR's, but they are young and inexperienced so I'd rather just see us play this season out with Evans and see where we stand after the season. If we are going to trade him for picks then let's increase his value by having a better year, and give our young guys an extra season to develop.

EXACTLY what I have been saying.

YardRat
08-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Lead story on the 6pm sports...the possibility of this happening is really picking up steam.

acehole
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Let me be clear. I don't WANT to get rid of LEE EVANS.

I do understand the Bills and this is a real possibility for them.

Their MO.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 06:48 PM
The difference we are having is I think Lee brings more value to the team than the majority of 4th rnd picks do. It would be a RARE 4th rnd pick that is as good as Evans.

37 catches 4 TDs....

It's not like the dude adds a lot and he was outperformed by a 7th rounder.

He's obviously in decline for whatever reason/excuse you wanna give him. The problem is you're not gonna get a lot for a guy who is in decline.

A 4th round pick could definitely be better than Evans if it's a smart pick.

Turf
08-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Trading Evans is stupid on so many levels. We need talent, he has talent. Hes the closest thing to elite we have on this team, why can't anyone grasp this. We've already absorbed the bulk of his contract, hes a steal even at what hes getting and performing at. Not to mention playing with the lack of QB and coaching for the past few years. Hes one of the only bright spots and things other teams have to worry about.

Lee Evans like it or not is the closet thing to a stud besides Brian Moorman we have on this team. Even on his downside he gives us legitmacy at WR. With 20 mill plus in cap room, moving him is just plain stupid.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Trading Evans is stupid on so many levels. We need talent, he has talent. Hes the closest thing to elite we have on this team, why can't anyone grasp this. We've already absorbed the bulk of his contract, hes a steal even at what hes getting and performing at. Not to mention playing with the lack of QB and coaching for the past few years. Hes one of the only bright spots and things other teams have to worry about.

Lee Evans like it or not is the closet thing to a stud besides Brian Moorman we have on this team. Even on his downside he gives us legitmacy at WR. With 20 mill plus in cap room, moving him is just plain stupid.

He's not even the best WR on the team anymore, let alone elite.

clumping platelets
08-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Where there is smoke..............

YardRat
08-10-2011, 08:26 PM
It would be a shame to not see what Evans could do in this second year under the same system/quarterback/coordinator.

X-Era
08-10-2011, 08:48 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/JoeB_WGR/status/101468666318692352

"Buddy Nix declines to comment about Lee Evans. "What you want to talk about, Lee? I don't know anything. When I do, I'll tell you." #Bills (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Bills)"

Not exactly a were-not-trading-Lee answer is it?

Mercy
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
He sounds like he's interested.

BertSquirtgum
08-10-2011, 11:08 PM

says you

better days
08-10-2011, 11:10 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/JoeB_WGR/status/101468666318692352

"Buddy Nix declines to comment about Lee Evans. "What you want to talk about, Lee? I don't know anything. When I do, I'll tell you." #Bills (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Bills)"

Not exactly a were-not-trading-Lee answer is it?

Nix has always said he would make any move that would make the Bills better & nobody was untradeable. If he does trade Evans, it better make the Bills BETTER or I will be echoing OP from now on.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 11:11 PM
says you

The numbers don't lie.

Ignore them all you want.

Turf
08-10-2011, 11:12 PM
He's not even the best WR on the team anymore, let alone elite.

Seriously, who on this team do you think is better. Stevie? Who dropped the TD pass that could have beat Pittsburgh that was laid right in his hands? Self absorbed Stevie? The stupid **** probably dropped that ball because he was thinking about his next showboat move he had hidden under his jersey.

Let assume you're right Steve is better. Is it a crime for a team with 20 mil in cap space and rated 27th in the NFL to actually have TWO wide receivers that are any good?

I hope you like staying at the bottom, cause thinking like yours is what keeps this team here.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Seriously, who on this team do you think is better. Stevie? Who dropped the TD pass that could have beat Pittsburgh that was laid right in his hands? Self absorbed Stevie? The stupid **** probably dropped that ball because he was thinking about his next showboat move he had hidden under his jersey.

Let assume you're right Steve is better. Is it a crime for a team with 20 mil in cap space and rated 27th in the NFL to actually have TWO wide receivers that are any good?

I hope you like staying at the bottom, cause thinking like yours is what keeps this team here.

Getting rid of the players that breed the losing culture is what turns you around. Not rewarding guys who bring little to the team is what turns you around.

The numbers don't lie, look at what Stevie does and look what Lee does. There's no comparison which of the two is more important to this team and which of the two gets more looks and has more chemistry with the guy behind center.

And you're assuming Lee is any good. The dude is Az Zahir Hakim with a bloated salary. The offense would suffer little to none if Lee was no longer here.

As I said to Hurkey, ignore the stats all you want, the dude is in decline and has been ever since he signed his big contract. Whatever reason you wanna give for his decline, it's still there, numbers don't lie.

justasportsfan
08-10-2011, 11:39 PM
As I said to Hurkey, ignore the stats all you want, the dude is in decline and has been ever since he signed his big contract. Whatever reason you wanna give for his decline, it's still there, numbers don't lie.
funny. When I show you the declining nos of the teams Dick handled the longer he stayed HC whether it was with Bears or bills, you ignore them.

Mr. Pink
08-10-2011, 11:56 PM
funny. When I tell show you the declining nos of the teams Dick handled the longer he stayed HC whether it was with Bears or bills, you ignore the nos.

And you ignore the decline Chan had from Jauron...your point?

justasportsfan
08-11-2011, 12:06 AM
And you ignore the decline Chan had from Jauron...your point?
I dont ignore them. 1 yr vs 3+ years. We shall revisit this thread after Chan has had the same amount of time as Dick had. So far Chan is already ahead offensively. We'll see soon enough if he can catch up defensively.

Dicks offensive history as a HC blows. He ruins peoples careers with his philosophy.

Ask TO....

The numbers don't lie.

Ignore them all you want.

:snicker:

justasportsfan
08-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Dick" hey Trent, practice vs. the 4-3"
Trent "but coach we're playing vs. the 3-4"
Dick"I'm the HC ,I know what I'm doing:="

:huh: <---- Trent on gameday

better days
08-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Getting rid of the players that breed the losing culture is what turns you around. Not rewarding guys who bring little to the team is what turns you around.

The numbers don't lie, look at what Stevie does and look what Lee does. There's no comparison which of the two is more important to this team and which of the two gets more looks and has more chemistry with the guy behind center.

And you're assuming Lee is any good. The dude is Az Zahir Hakim with a bloated salary. The offense would suffer little to none if Lee was no longer here.

OK explain how Evans, a team LEADER breeds a losing culture.

Mski
08-11-2011, 09:14 AM
OK explain how Evans, a team LEADER breeds a losing culture. I can't say the Evans, a team leader, is breeding a losing culture, but he has never been on a winning culture, so he may not be able to bring a winning attitude to the table, simply because he doesnt know what one is.

Not saying its his fault, but starting the young guys, who dont know what its like to be on a losing team for nearly a decade, may not be a bad thing, giving him the opportunity to play for another team may not be that bad either.

better days
08-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I can't say the Evans, a team leader, is breeding a losing culture, but he has never been on a winning culture, so he may not be able to bring a winning attitude to the table, simply because he doesnt know what one is.

Not saying its his fault, but starting the young guys, who dont know what its like to be on a losing team for nearly a decade, may not be a bad thing, giving him the opportunity to play for another team may not be that bad either.

If the Bills could get good value & not a 3rd or 4th (that is not value) for him fine. Unless they can at least get a HIGH 2nd rnd pick there is absolutely no reason to trade him.

J TES
08-11-2011, 11:19 AM
You can only believe that if you de-value Evans. What do you put Evans as? He's a solid, but not great, #1 WR. Oher is a solid but not great OT. Suggs is a solid and used to be great DE/OLB. If necessary, I'd throw in a late pick.

OMG I just realizied you're actually being serious. The first few posts you made I just assumed you were joking, now you're actually trying to make an arguement as to why either would be fair value for an average #2 reciever. Suggs may not be the player he was 3 years ago but he's still well above average. Oher is very good LT in his mid 20's. You can honeslty say you think a 30 year old WR coming off of his 2 worst seasons is worth probowl caliber players? You're either joking or completely clueless

Philagape
08-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Buddy Nix said he doesn't rule it out, according to a tweet from Ross Tucker

mayotm
08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
A "proven" declining one trick pony WR.Yet, still better than the no trick ponies on your Browns.

better days
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM

There are thoroughbreds & plow horses. To ask a player with Evans speed to do anything other than stretch the field is the same as hitching a thoroughbred to a plow. A TOTAL WASTE of his talent.

The only thing proven is that a WR is totally dependent on the QB to get him the ball.

BertSquirtgum
08-11-2011, 01:59 PM
I can't say the Evans, a team leader, is breeding a losing culture, but he has never been on a winning culture, so he may not be able to bring a winning attitude to the table, simply because he doesnt know what one is.

I'm sure evans wants to be apart of a winning team. I don't know what his attitude currently is but we have never heard of him crying like a ***** like a lot of top receivers. There's no way he brings a losing culture to this team.

X-Era
08-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Shefter just said trade could get done in the next 48 hours.

It better be for a starter at position where we need it. Not interested in a pick right now.

Mercy
08-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I love Stevie Johnson

AB4now
08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Shefter just said trade could get done in the next 48 hours.

It better be for a starter at position where we need it. Not interested in a pick right now.
i totally agree. how many good fourth round draft picks have we picked in the last four years? we need a offensive line body not a pick!!

Michael82
08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Ralph is a cheap ****ing *******! Why would you trade the #1 or 2 receiver and make a solid receiver corps not as good? It better be for a 3rd round pick or higher, or a veteran player that makes the team better. It better not be because of a ****ing $1.5 million bonus that Ralph won't pay, even though the Bills are over $20 million under the cap.

:mad: :curse:

tampabay25690
08-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Ralph is a cheap ****ing *******! Why would you trade the #1 or 2 receiver and make a solid receiver corps not as good? It better be for a 3rd round pick or higher, or a veteran player that makes the team better. It better not be because of a ****ing $1.5 million bonus that Ralph won't pay, even though the Bills are over $20 million under the cap.

:mad: :curse:

Mikey come on man.......
You really think Ralph makes this call??????
The writing is on the wall it's time to move on from Lee.....
We have a very nice young group of WR'S now...

They are getting ready to do some extensions to keep this young core together...

Michael82
08-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Buster Davis is a ****ing bum. If Evans is traded because of Davis, we are ****ed. He drops everything and isn't very good.

tampabay25690
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Buster Davis is a ****ing bum. If Evans is traded because of Davis, we are ****ed. He drops everything and isn't very good.

I dont think Buster Davis would be the reason....

X-Era
08-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Mikey come on man.......
You really think Ralph makes this call??????
The writing is on the wall it's time to move on from Lee.....
We have a very nice young group of WR'S now...

They are getting ready to do some extensions to keep this young core together...Yes, they theoretically could be better by trading Evans. It's all a matter of what they get in return. If it's a guy like Levi Jones, I wouldn't mind the move. A pick is useless to the 2011 team.

Michael82
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I will add this though, if Evans is gone....Johnson is my #1, David Nelson #2, Roscoe Parrish #3, Marcus Easley #4, Naaman Roosevelt #5, Donald Jones #6

tampabay25690
08-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes, they theoretically could be better by trading Evans. It's all a matter of what they get in return. If it's a guy like Levi Jones, I wouldn't mind the move. A pick is useless to the 2011 team.

I agree with both...
Levi would be a nice pick if thats what it is....

To be honest I don't know if Lee fits in what Chan does......Just doesn't look comfortable and didnt at all last year.....If you run a spread 4-5 WR set you need short immediate routes.....Lee is a great route runner but we all know deep routes is what he is best at....

Best fit for him IMO is probably baltimore.
But If I were Buffalo I would be trying to trade him out West in the NFC Aka (ARZ)...

tampabay25690
08-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I will add this though, if Evans is gone....Johnson is my #1, David Nelson #2, Roscoe Parrish #3, Marcus Easley #4, Naaman Roosevelt #5, Donald Jones #6

yea pretty close.
How do u put Easly #3 right now though???
When was the last time this guy played??? At UCONN??

X-Era
08-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I agree with both...
Levi would be a nice pick if thats what it is....

To be honest I don't know if Lee fits in what Chan does......Just doesn't look comfortable and didnt at all last year.....If you run a spread 4-5 WR set you need short immediate routes.....Lee is a great route runner but we all know deep routes is what he is best at....

Best fit for him IMO is probably baltimore.
But If I were Buffalo I would be trying to trade him out West in the NFC Aka (ARZ)...I wouldn't worry too much about trading him within the conference. We might see the Ravens once a year.

We need a player for this and preferably an OL.

tampabay25690
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about trading him within the conference. We might see the Ravens once a year.

We need a player for this and preferably an OL.

OL is definitley what the Bills are probably looking for....
Hey X maybe we are making a deal for a RB......LOL

Mr. Pink
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
yea pretty close.

He put Easley as the 4.

tampabay25690
08-11-2011, 08:42 PM
He put Easley as the 4.

yes he did......
Sorry Mikey............I can't count

Mr. Pink
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I love some of the reactions I've seen out of Lee possibly being traded...

This team lost and lost a lot with Lee on the roster, you guys act like trading him is gonna be this huge loss, we won 4 games last year with a dude who caught 37 passes. You don't think replacing 37 catches is gonna be easy?

It's not like Lee Evans is this all world WR who helped win this team football games or even helped them be a contender. He's a slot WR thrust into the number 1 role because of how bad the Bills have been all around.

Michael82
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm pissed. I loved Lee Evans. I also hate to bury another ****ing jersey to the back of my closet. Why do they gotta keep getting rid of popular vets?

Michael82
08-11-2011, 08:46 PM
yea pretty close.
I have Easley as my 4.

X-Era
08-11-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm pissed. I loved Lee Evans. I also hate to bury another ****ing jersey to the back of my closet. Why do they gotta keep getting rid of popular vets?They keep getting rid of their good players.

Gotta keep us 20+ mill under the cap. Extending Williams might drop that number... can't have that.

Don't worry, it won't be too long and they will be balking on Stevie's contract demands as the #1 WR... And he might leave to.

It better not be for a pick.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2011, 08:53 PM
You people all love Easley and think he's gonna be awesome. The coaching staff loves Donald Jones. Parrish showed a little something last year before getting hurt. Stevie Johnson showed he was the true number 1 WR last year.

How do you work in the younger guys and expand Johnson and Parrish's role? You deal away the guy that doesn't fit in thus allowing you to see what you got in the young guys and expanding the roles of the other two veterans.

Sure, Donald Jones could be a bum. Sure Marcus Easley could have lost something with his injury but the only way you find out is getting those two guys involved in the offense.

It's not like even if those 2 guys above fail you have to go out and draft a WR high or sign a top tier WR FA next offseason. This team already has the number 1 WR in Stevie Johnson. If Easley and Jones work out then you moved Evans before he lost even more value among the league.

Michael82
08-11-2011, 09:04 PM
You people all love Easley and think he's gonna be awesome. The coaching staff loves Donald Jones. Parrish showed a little something last year before getting hurt. Stevie Johnson showed he was the true number 1 WR last year.

How do you work in the younger guys and expand Johnson and Parrish's role? You deal away the guy that doesn't fit in thus allowing you to see what you got in the young guys and expanding the roles of the other two veterans.

Sure, Donald Jones could be a bum. Sure Marcus Easley could have lost something with his injury but the only way you find out is getting those two guys involved in the offense.

It's not like even if those 2 guys above fail you have to go out and draft a WR high or sign a top tier WR FA next offseason. This team already has the number 1 WR in Stevie Johnson. If Easley and Jones work out then you moved Evans before he lost even more value among the league.
Im not sold on Jones. I do like David Nelson though.

X-Era
08-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Im not sold on Jones. I do like David Nelson though.As a slot receiver. Who will be our #2?

Maybe Nelson can make the jump, maybe not.

Michael82
08-11-2011, 09:32 PM
As a slot receiver. Who will be our #2?

Maybe Nelson can make the jump, maybe not.
Agreed. The guys we got are still too raw. I don't like giving up Evans for a 4th rounder, especially when there is no 2 to replace him. This smells like a Ralph move to save money.

X-Era
08-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Agreed. The guys we got are still too raw. I don't like giving up Evans for a 4th rounder, especially when there is no 2 to replace him. This smells like a Ralph move to save money.Forgetr Ralph. This seems like the Bills whole organization has a set team salary that they won't go over... I was only partly joking about them trying to stay 20+ mill under the cap.

It seems like they might not extend Williams unless they found the money by releasing or trading another player. Just one example.

X-Era
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Rumor... take this for whatever you think it's worth:

"Ravens Bears Dolphins Panthers Cardinals Raiders all in on Evans. Hurney spent a large part of tonight on the phone with Buffalo."

http://twitter.com/#!/NJPanthers12/status/101847706703630336

Marty Hurney is their GM.

wmoz11
08-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Gettis, Carolina's starting WR, tore his ACL. Hello, leverage.

Michael82
08-11-2011, 11:36 PM

"Ravens Bears Dolphins Panthers Cardinals Raiders all in on Evans. Hurney spent a large part of tonight on the phone with Buffalo."

Notice how it's all winning teams. Winning teams want to make their team better and acquire talent. Losing teams want to give up talent before the ****ing pre-season begins and make a strong position, much weaker.

mysticsoto
08-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Notice how it's all winning teams. Winning teams want to make their team better and acquire talent. Losing teams want to give up talent before the ****ing pre-season begins and make a strong position, much weaker.

Makes you wonder if that's the plan. Lots of young guys that need to step up and go thru growing pains which means, another bad season and another opportunity to score a hit with a high draft choice (Luck or other top choice).

Just wondering...if you want to build through the draft, you need high draft picks and they make feel that Evans last 2 yrs is worth sacrificing for obtaining a high caliber player of their choice for the long term.

Not saying I agree or believe this (atleast not yet) but it does make you wonder...

mikemac2001
08-11-2011, 11:50 PM
2nd or bust

Or take a bad teams 3+4th

Michael82
08-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Makes you wonder if that's the plan. Lots of young guys that need to step up and go thru growing pains which means, another bad season and another opportunity to score a hit with a high draft choice (Luck or other top choice).

Just wondering...if you want to build through the draft, you need high draft picks and they make feel that Evans last 2 yrs is worth sacrificing for obtaining a high caliber player of their choice for the long term.

Not saying I agree or believe this (atleast not yet) but it does make you wonder...

It means that they know that this is another rebuilding season, so even though they acquired Nick Barnett...it was just window dressing. They don't want to win this year. So we're getting rid of the vets, so we can keep rebuilding for the 11th ****ing year in a row! :mad:

Sorry if I'm coming across a little angry. I am! I'm pissed off! Why would we trade Evans and make our WRs corp weak? I like David Nelson and see potential there, same thing with Easley and Jones and even Roosevelt...but they are all too young and none of them are ready to start yet.

If the real plan is to suck again and trade up to get the #1 pick for Andrew Luck, then maybe I'm right about Tyler Thigpen starting by midseason. :sigh:

BertSquirtgum
08-11-2011, 11:53 PM
i'm going to puke if they trade lee evans for anything less than a starting player or a 2nd round pick.

mikemac2001
08-11-2011, 11:56 PM
It means that they know that this is another rebuilding season, so even though they acquired Nick Barnett...it was just window dressing. They don't want to win this year. So we're getting rid of the vets, so we can keep rebuilding for the 11th ****ing year in a row! :mad:

Sorry if I'm coming across a little angry. I am! I'm pissed off! Why would we trade Evans and make our WRs corp weak? I like David Nelson and see potential there, same thing with Easley and Jones and even Roosevelt...but they are all too young and none of them are ready to start yet.

If the real plan is to suck again and trade up to get the #1 pick for Andrew Luck, then maybe I'm right about Tyler Thigpen starting by midseason. :sigh:

Bc Evans didn't do much he is most effective as a streak runner and obvious the team feels they can replace his production. I don't want lee gone but what happens when we get nothing in return or can't get past the d. We gotta see what these young guys have as well. If we get a 2nd u have to pull the trigger. If they do it for a 4th I'd flip same with only a 3rd .

Also
Johnson Nelson Roscoe Easley smith ......we have to many wrs

Michael82
08-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Bc Evans didn't do much he is most effective as a streak runner and obvious the team feels they can replace his production. I don't want lee gone but what happens when we get nothing in return or can't get past the d. We gotta see what these young guys have as well. If we get a 2nd u have to pull the trigger. If they do it for a 4th I'd flip same with only a 3rd .

Also
Johnson Nelson Roscoe Easley smith ......we have to many wrs

Smith isn't going to be a WR. He's going to make the team as our 3rd QB, IMO. Levi Brown is gone.

But I do agree we have a lot of WRs. The question is...are the young ones ready to take over yet? I'm not sure.

It would be this...
Johnson, Nelson, Parrish, Easley, Jones. If we keep 6, that would be Roosevelt.

Buffalogic
08-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Hate to see him go but if we deal him it has to be for a starting LB or OT. Then it would be a smart move. We have enough receivers to do it and we are severely lacking at those other two positions.

jimbohastle51
08-12-2011, 01:31 AM
johnson, parrish, nelson, jones, easly, roosevelt all make this team if evans is traded. davis is cut. roosevelt, jones, and parrish all have special teams value jones and roosevelt can cover kicks as well as return them. as far as the evans trade. i think we get a player for him. if he goes to carolina look for a evans for shockey trade sense the panthers just got greg olsen from the bears. if its the ravens i could see us netting a 6th and oneil cousins RT (there are plenty of rumors that the ravens are hot after bryant mckinnie). the cardinals are the only team in which i see us just getting a 3rd, or conditional 4th that could turn into a 3rd.

BertSquirtgum
08-12-2011, 02:08 AM
The Bills are not going to accept a trade for shockey. is that some sort of a joke?

YardRat
08-12-2011, 05:24 AM

Good. More interested teams should = better deal.

Ingtar33
08-12-2011, 06:00 AM
if we trade Evans for a draft pick, anything less then a 1st we're getting raped in the deal.

BTW: only the bills could think they'd have a better season by dumping their most potent weapon on offense for the last half decade and replacing him with a draft pick.

I'm so disgusted right now just thinking about it i don't have words for it. We need an OT and a starting ILB now, not 3 years from now. If we don't trade for one (or both) when we deal Evans then we might as well drop all our expectations for this season another game or 2.

Don't get me wrong. ultimately i don't think WRs are particularly vital. But when your team struggles to score and struggles moving the ball, you don't eliminate your only consistent play-maker on that side of the ball; unless you're doing it for your Defensive front 7 or Oline and get a player of similar impact in return.

how many scoring drives has he jump started for this team with a 30-50 yard catch? that's impact. and to lose it will just be devastating. (yeah he had a crappy year last year, but he still had 4 TDs and about 600 yards on just 37 catches)

T-Long
08-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Nix said on Sirius that it would take something "substantial" to get Lee Evans. Let's see if he's telling the truth in the next day or two.

Ingtar33
08-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Nix said on Sirius that it would take something "substantial" to get Lee Evans. Let's see if he's telling the truth in the next day or two.

To me substantial is getting a 1st, a starter at OT or LB and a pick, or 2 starters at OT/LB.

lets see what Nix's definition is.

X-Era
08-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Notice how it's all winning teams. Winning teams want to make their team better and acquire talent. Losing teams want to give up talent before the ****ing pre-season begins and make a strong position, much weaker.They want to pay some of their own players more money but keep their team salary the same so they trade or release other talent.

And the overall talent level stays the same or gets worse.

You know how much different the Pats overall talent level is? About 20+ millions worth.

X-Era
08-12-2011, 06:23 AM
To me substantial is getting a 1st, a starter at OT or LB and a pick, or 2 starters at OT/LB.

lets see what Nix's definition is.Nix's definition: Anything that doesn't add to the payroll.

mrbojanglezs
08-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Agreed. The guys we got are still too raw. I don't like giving up Evans for a 4th rounder, especially when there is no 2 to replace him. This smells like a Ralph move to save money.

guys ralph can't even talk he has nothing to do with anything anymore

Ingtar33
08-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Nix's definition: Anything that doesn't add to the payroll.

sadly, that's my suspicion as well

X-Era
08-12-2011, 06:28 AM
guys ralph can't even talk he has nothing to do with anything anymoreAgree. The Bills have a budget that they work with and it looks like it doesn't change much year to year.

Unfortunately it's way less than many other teams.

scartown
08-12-2011, 06:30 AM

Substantial to me would be a 2nd round pick but I hope you are right.

Ingtar33
08-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Substantial to me would be a 2nd round pick but I hope you are right.

we trade him for a 2nd and we would have been raped. with a proper QB and the right scheme he's a probowl, 80+ catch 1400yard 10TD guy. (no he's not lost a step. he just has no chemistry with our scheme or current QB)

Ginger Vitis
08-12-2011, 07:06 AM
1400yard

In 2006 Evans had around 1280 yards.. I just don't see Evans ever attaining the 1400 yard mark even in the right situation

Ingtar33
08-12-2011, 07:23 AM
In 2006 Evans had around 1280 yards.. I just don't see Evans ever attaining the 1400 yard mark even in the right situation

with JP Losman tossing him the ball. for gods sakes he never had a single QB with a 90QBR, only 1 time has a QB ever thrown for 3000 yards while he's been here.

alohabillsfan
08-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Rumor on web of a possible Evans for C. Cooley (redskins) thoughts?

better days
08-12-2011, 08:24 AM

My thoughts are Cooley has a bad knee. This is most likely a Skins fans fantasy. I would feel sorry for Evans if that trade happened. Two more years of playing with a BAD QB. Danny would really have to open his wallet to get Evans to extend his contract.

cookie G
08-12-2011, 08:36 AM

He'll have John Beck throwing to him.

That'll teach him.

MikeInRoch
08-12-2011, 08:42 AM

I'd gladly trade him for any of those. Sadly, there's no way we would get that much.

Jan Reimers
08-12-2011, 08:49 AM
If we trade a quality receiver like Lee Evans for a 4th or 5th pick, I'm going OpIv37 all over this board.

ZAZusmc03
08-12-2011, 08:55 AM
If we trade a quality receiver like Lee Evans for a 4th or 5th pick, I'm going OpIv37 all over this board.

That makes 2 of us.

BertSquirtgum
08-12-2011, 11:01 AM

I'm with you on this one. It will change my outlook on this team very quickly.

acehole
08-12-2011, 11:19 AM
My thoughts are Cooley has a bad knee. This is most likely a Skins fans fantasy. I would feel sorry for Evans if that trade happened. Two more years of playing with a BAD QB. Danny would really have to open his wallet to get Evans to extend his contract.

Thats all we need is a wang and wood around a cooley.....