• EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Interesting article

I can see that getting exploited fast.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

those guys are too big to play outside LB... they won;t be able to cover, and not sure they are fast enough to get to the QB from that spot

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Also, it is Wang he is blowing by, so again, not really representative of much.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

better in camp than on 3rd and 5 during a game.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

There is a thin line between creative and stupid. I fear at times we tread very close to crossing it.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EDS
              My word people will find reasons to complain. Sounds to me like they're mostly using him as an OLB to rush the passer. And even if they aren't, lots of teams have their big guys drop back into coverage once in a while.

Creativity and unpredictability are two things our defense was severely lacking in last year. Let's hope they infuse a little of both this year.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                My word people will find reasons to complain. Sounds to me like they're mostly using him as an OLB to rush the passer. And even if they aren't, lots of teams have their big guys drop back into coverage once in a while.

Creativity and unpredictability are two things our defense was severely lacking in last year. Let's hope they infuse a little of both this year.
                I agree. Camp is the time to move guys around, try new things, and see what works and what doesn't. I think some people get overly concerned when we experiment with personnel and formation changes, when this is exactly the time to do it.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by psubills62

You can't see that getting exploited? Quick audible and bam. Standing up a 300 pounder to rush the passer gives the offense a pretty good idea of what is coming.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                    • Mar 2004

Carrington, other than his weight, is built like a OLB. Not sure about Edwards and Johnson.
                    Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      better in camp than on 3rd and 5 during a game.
                      I think 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 would be the more likely situation Carrington is used myself.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EDS
                        You can't see that getting exploited? Quick audible and bam. Standing up a 300 pounder to rush the passer gives the offense a pretty good idea of what is coming.
                        OLB's don't always stand up, and if he's athletic enough to simply drop into coverage once in a while, then they can add a level of unpredictability.

My word, it was one day in TC, not like they're moving the dude to OLB. Have him go through the drills once in a while, maybe drop him back into coverage as a DE even.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• superbills
                          • Mar 2003

Cue the "we're wasting precious time in training camp" responses...
                          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                          Ronald Reagan
                          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• jimbledsoe
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by EDS
                            I like when Chan does things like this. It gives us more options on game day. Carrington may never line up at OLB in live games. but if a situation arises where it could create a favorable mismatch in an important part of the game, it is great knowing that they have that in there back pocket. Chan seems to really like to have everyone know what other postions are supposed to do. I think it could make the team better.

Go Bills

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              There is a thin line between creative and stupid. I fear at times we tread very close to crossing it.
                              Let's not jump to conclusions. Isn't this was Lebeau's zone blitz used to do, essentially, move a DE back into coverage on a blitz and catch a QB by surprise where he wasn't expecting a DE to be?

This type of thing can be useful if we're playing a strong Running team, if we know the plays is going to be a run, or on occasion to throw a newbie QB off. I've seen nothing where this is going to be the norm, however.

Comment

Working...
                              X