PDA

View Full Version : Bills Over/Under Win Total Set At 5.5

Ed
08-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I heard this on the radio last night and just saw it in the Buffalo News article. Vegas oddmakers have set the Bills over/under season win total at 5.5. I'm actually tempted to bet on this. What do you guys think?

THRILLHO
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Win six games? Seems like a no brainer.

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I discussed this with a friend the other night and I thought 5 O/U would split the money almost 50/50, 5.5 may skew it more towards the under.

Bills fans will go mostly over, other teams fans will go under I think.

Ginger Vitis
08-09-2011, 11:05 AM
The Bills have just enough "bad" teams on paper(Redskins,Bengals,Broncos) I think they can win 6 games..I take the over

psubills62
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Seems reasonable to me.

psubills62
08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
The Bills have just enough "bad" teams on paper(Redskins,Bengals,Broncos) I think they can win 6 games..I take the over
I would too. They've got some tough teams on the schedule, but I could easily see them winning 6. JMO.

Dr. Lecter
08-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Under. Easy money

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Just for comparison sake, out of Cntry's Official Prediction thread, 24 zoners would be taking the over and 8 the under.

Night Train
08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Seems reasonable to me.

Agreed

HAMMER
08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Barring key injuries I think this team is going to surprise, I like 9 wins. 10K on the over, need to get to Vegas before the opener.

Ed
08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I think we have a great chance of taking the Bengals, Redskins and Broncos. I like our chances of taking at least one from Miami. We don't have to go to Miami until November when it's not as hot, and they have to come up to Buffalo in December. I also like our chances of taking Oakland in the home opener.

Jan Reimers
08-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Under. Easy money
Doc, you used to be so much jollier. Start eating and drinking more, please?

trapezeus
08-09-2011, 11:17 AM
5.5 is a great pick. lots of action there.

i still think it's the last of the bad years this year. and its a necessary evil. maybe we won't get luck, but we'll need to go all in on a QB and get some awesome depth on both sides of the ball if everyone else pans out correctly. 2012 Bills will be around 10 wins.

2011, i'm still just not feeling it. hoping for it, but not feeling it.

psubills62
08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I think we have a great chance of taking the Bengals, Redskins and Broncos. I like our chances of taking at least one from Miami. We don't have to go to Miami until November when it's not as hot, and they have to come up to Buffalo in December. I also like our chances of taking Oakland in the home opener.
Don't overestimate the Titans either. It's unfortunate that KC lost the one guy that might even make us a favorite - Charlie Weis.

Dr. Lecter
08-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Doc, you used to be so much jollier. Start eating and drinking more, please?
Being nice, happy and jolly got me nowhere in life.

I am going to be a miserable ***** from now on.

Ed
08-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Don't overestimate the Titans either. It's unfortunate that KC lost the one guy that might even make us a favorite - Charlie Weis.
I'm not. The Titans really don't impress me. I think that's one of our more winnable games.

TacklingDummy
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Under, where can I legally place the bet?

psubills62
08-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Just for comparison sake, out of Cntry's Official Prediction thread, 24 zoners would be taking the over and 8 the under.
And I'm positively shocked at the people who took the under.

justasportsfan
08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Being nice, happy and jolly got me nowhere in life.
It's got me places in life.

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
And I'm positively shocked at the people who took the under.

You may not be as shocked come December.

DraftBoy
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Under, where can I legally place the bet?

Vegas

alohabillsfan
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Im gonna say over and here is why.
We are a better football team this year, thats why!

Defense
- DL is better with the addition of Dareus, and Troup, Carrington a year in system.
- LB better, healthy Merriman, addition of Barnett, anjd young players getting better, Moats etc...
- Seconday better, addition by subtraction, Whitner GONE!

Offense is better! Clear starter (Fitz) from the begining, and a whole host of young talent at WR. OL is still a concern with starters and depth, the key will be the health of our starters. So Bills Fans, Go make some MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
08-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone going to Vegas? I want in on this bet.

B-DON
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM

Just go to bodog or Intertops. U can bet there legally. There are a ton more but those two come to mind first. Sorry if I breaking any zone rules by saying betting sites

Goobylal
08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Same here. The Bills will beat the Dols at least once (I say twice), the Jets possibly once, and beat Cincy, Oakland, Washington, Tennessee and Denver for sure, with good chances to beat KC and SD.

SeatownBillsFan21
08-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Hate to say it but i would take the under.Next year if its at 5.5 i would go over.

TheBrownBear
08-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Under.

D should be inching towards average, but I expect the O to struggle much more this season. Fitz and Johnson had career years last year and will likely come down to earth this season. I also think Fred Jackson and Lee Evans' best days are behind them.

I think we'll see a 3 or 4 win season.

BillsFever21
08-09-2011, 07:50 PM
I remember last year(and about the past few years for that matter) when our O/U was set around the same many said that there wasn't any chance we wouldn't reach the over and that it was a sure bet. I sure hope they didn't follow through with that and lose all their money.

This season it's very close. I see us around a 5-7 win team depending on the usual factors like injuries, lucky breaks that fall your way, playing certain teams at the right time, etc.. This one would be a close one. If I had to make a bet I would be cautiously optimistic and would go with the over on it.

baalworship
08-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I was thinking last week that we looked like a 4-6 win team so taking the average of that I say 5 wins. Under.

Crisis
08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Under easily.

Romes
08-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Sweet they'll beat the over by week 6.

Mike
08-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Seems reasonable to me.

How could you think that? In our previous thread your were arguing that predictions were impossible and that Vegas looses money too. Then you predicted a 10win season, now you think 5.5 is reasonable? Your full of contridictions.

Ingtar33
08-10-2011, 05:17 AM
I heard this on the radio last night and just saw it in the Buffalo News article. Vegas oddmakers have set the Bills over/under season win total at 5.5. I'm actually tempted to bet on this. What do you guys think?

I don't ever put money on football. however i do like to play these games so lets go with it. DONT EVER bet your own team. the only time you should ever bet your own team is if you KNOW they're going to lose the bet.

in this case you're probably letting the rose colored glasses influence you a bit. When i saw the title of this thread, and before i saw the number i thought "5.5"... because it seems to me the two most likely results from this season is 5 or 6 wins.

When a team is an obvious 4-6 win team like this one you don't bet a freaking 5.5 line on wins.

(side-note: anyone betting more then a 7 win season in that BZ prediction thread needs their head examined... it probably will take a modern miracle to get to 7 wins, it's definitely their ceiling for that schedule. the the lowest possible total i can see in that schedule is a 3 win season, we won't do it, it will take a lot of bad luck and the fins looking like a football team to happen, but that's probably the floor to this upcoming season. this really has the look of a 4-6 win team, i'll probably round that out into a serious prediction for the prediction thread after 2 or 3 preseason games confirm what i suspect about the linebackers and OTs )

Goobylal
08-10-2011, 07:16 AM
It's apparent Vegas and most posters who are taking the under haven't looked at the Bills' schedule. You think the Bills won't beat teams like Oakland, Cincy, Tennessee, Miami (at least once), Washington, and Denver? Not to mention having a good chance to sweep Miami, beat KC, and SD?

psubills62
08-10-2011, 08:27 AM
How could you think that? In our previous thread your were arguing that predictions were impossible and that Vegas looses money too. Then you predicted a 10win season, now you think 5.5 is reasonable? Your full of contridictions.
:huh:

First of all, I never predicted a 10-win season. Take a look at CGal's prediction thread and see what mine is: 6-10. I also don't recall ever saying predictions were impossible and I certainly don't remember saying "Vegas looses money too." Don't recall ever talking about Vegas, actually. My guess is that you're thinking of someone else when making these claims, but I may have said one of those. I'd love to see the link to the post you're basing these off of.

LVGrown
08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Anyone know what the odds are or is it still to early. Im in vegas and definitely going to put a small chunk down. Not enough to search for a new team if i lose, but enough to add to my happiness if they pull out a semi decent season.

Ed
08-10-2011, 11:13 AM
I don't ever put money on football. however i do like to play these games so lets go with it. DONT EVER bet your own team. the only time you should ever bet your own team is if you KNOW they're going to lose the bet.

in this case you're probably letting the rose colored glasses influence you a bit. When i saw the title of this thread, and before i saw the number i thought "5.5"... because it seems to me the two most likely results from this season is 5 or 6 wins.

When a team is an obvious 4-6 win team like this one you don't bet a freaking 5.5 line on wins.

(side-note: anyone betting more then a 7 win season in that BZ prediction thread needs their head examined... it probably will take a modern miracle to get to 7 wins, it's definitely their ceiling for that schedule. the the lowest possible total i can see in that schedule is a 3 win season, we won't do it, it will take a lot of bad luck and the fins looking like a football team to happen, but that's probably the floor to this upcoming season. this really has the look of a 4-6 win team, i'll probably round that out into a serious prediction for the prediction thread after 2 or 3 preseason games confirm what i suspect about the linebackers and OTs )
I agree. I never bet on my teams. Watching my team lose is bad enough, I don't need to lose money at the same time. As someone that used to live in Vegas, I know that town is not built on winners. It's the big homer in me that's tempted on betting, but I would never actually do it. In my weekly picks pool at work I pick the Bills to lose every single game even if I feel really confident they're going to win because I'd rather be wrong and enjoy a win.

Mad Max
08-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Just go to bodog or Intertops. U can bet there legally. There are a ton more but those two come to mind first. Sorry if I breaking any zone rules by saying betting sites

You can't bet online from the United States. That was all shut down a few years back.

Extremebillsfan247
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
5.5 is a great pick. lots of action there.

i still think it's the last of the bad years this year. and its a necessary evil. maybe we won't get luck, but we'll need to go all in on a QB and get some awesome depth on both sides of the ball if everyone else pans out correctly. 2012 Bills will be around 10 wins.

2011, i'm still just not feeling it. hoping for it, but not feeling it.Well so much attention goes towards Luck these days. I know this is kind of off topic but what if the Bills do miss out on Luck, who else is out there that could garner a first round pick as a QB that may be there when the Bills do draft? Even if they just win 5, I don't expect them to be picking in the top 5 of the draft again in 2012. There are enough bad teams out there that could easily push the Bills out to the bottom half of the top 10. JMO

Ed
08-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Well so much attention goes towards Luck these days. I know this is kind of off topic but what if the Bills do miss out on Luck, who else is out there that could garner a first round pick as a QB that may be there when the Bills do draft? Even if they just win 5, I don't expect them to be picking in the top 5 of the draft again in 2012. There are enough bad teams out there that could easily push the Bills out to the bottom half of the top 10. JMO
I won't pretend to know anything about this years qb class, but everything I've heard from analysts say it's going to be much better then the previous couple years. After Luck and Barkley(if he comes out), there still could be another 3-4 qb's that go in the first round.

Mad Max
08-10-2011, 02:55 PM
I won't pretend to know anything about this years qb class, but everything I've heard from analysts say it's going to be much better then the previous couple years. After Luck and Barkley(if he comes out), there still could be another 3-4 qb's that go in the first round.

Landry Jones for one (if he declares). I have him a solid 1A-2, I think he's that good. Oklahoma.

I hope we have a shot at either Luck, Jones, or Barkley (I hope they all come out if we don't get the number one pick). After those three to me its still a toss-up. There are other guys that have talent but they all have bigger question marks.

Some people think Nick Foles has a lot of potential. I'm not a huge fan of his personally, he reminds me of Gabbert who I wasn't the biggest fan of either. Arizona.

Kellen Moore- Flutie stature.

Weeden- 100 years old