• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

ESPN Power rankings are out!

Buffalo clocks in at #31!!! Woo hoo! Not much room to go but up!!

View the 2024 NFL power index on ESPN. The FPI is the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Re: ESPN Power rankings are out!

Not surprising until we prove something on the field.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

Not surprised at all that we're 31. This team has ALOT of question marks, but, who knows. New unies, colored end zones, another year for CJ, Marcel Dareus & a much improved defense, pretty good ST's, I see us winning at least 6 games, and I think 8-9 wins is a lofty goal, but who knows?
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

I had such high hopes we would break into the twenties...

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

First of all, I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks we're the second worst team in the league then they need to take a look around at some of the other teams. I have no problem saying we're not a good team...but people are kidding themselves if they think some of these other teams are in better position.

Second, it's ESPN, so who cares?
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

too high
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

Gee, someone must have put in hours and hours of work looking up last year's win/loss records and sorting accordingly.

PTR
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              4. All Religion should be taxed.
              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
              6. F**k her gently.
              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Imagine if we end up 2nd worst and miss out on Luck by one slot. Then we'll know the team is cursed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  too high
                  Yeah, I thought we might be 33rd, with the Bengals and Alabama nosing us out.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

from 17 on down, anything can happen.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                      Buffalo clocks in at #31!!! Woo hoo! Not much room to go but up!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/0
                      So basically the Bills can't win the meaningless game against the Bengals and we should get the #1 pick.

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

fools. we are easily better than miami. chad henne? no running game?

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i get how they ranked them, but i'll list their rating and then what could go wrong and why they could fall.

17. texans - eventually by just repeating that the texans will finally get good, it could happen. but they are still an undertalented team in a division ruled by the colts.
                          18. lions - stafford will get hurt
                          19 seahawks - pete carroll is a name only coach. he's shown no consistency to be good. he's made strange player acquistion after strange player acquisition and used draft picks to get there. he's still in the worst division, but he will not get that team off the ground.
                          20. titans - new old QB, new coach, it's a rebuild and they know it. their fans might not know that though.
                          21. cardinals. - kolb is underwhelming with fitzgerald getting antsy to leave. locker-room issues, kolb gets hurt, season over.
                          22. jags - del rio team never goes anywhere. he's the new wayne fontes. not good enough and will never be, but just gets enough wins to keep the experiment gooing.
                          23. raiders - seriously?
                          24. Dolphins - again, seriously? henne blows, was and continues to be toyed with by bringing in orton/favre. sparano was supposed ot be replaced, but that failed publically and then they let him stay because they had no other options. i think all teams that have this QB and coach turmoil have done very well in years past.
                          25. vikings - mcnabb is not a solution. this team is no longer a qb away like it was 3 years ago. it needs help on the line.
                          26. 49ers - continue to take former bills players and make them part of the equation to winning there. won't work. sure, new coach, could be fun, but they need more help than what they've got.
                          27 broncos - fox, the worst coach last year, paired with a qb controversy. awesome.
                          28. browns - jauron.
                          29. redskins - they find a way.
                          30. Panthers- new QB that people are 50/50 on whether he is the real deal or not.
                          31 Bills - clinically bad for years, but slowly showed promise last year and bolstered the defense by getting rid of broken parts and getting hungry players and better coaching. might not be great, but could be better than 31.

32 Bengals - this is about right. but they aren't drafting a qb next year, even with luck, so that's good news for us.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

I agree, trap. It amuses me to see what the analysts focus on with various teams.

I don't mind negative comments against the Bills if the analysis is an overall fair one. It's very, very obvious to me that with some teams (cough, Jets, cough), ESPN (and other media/fans) focus on purely the positives and ignore the negatives. With other teams, they concentrate on the negatives and focus on the positives. Oh my gosh! The Jets re-signed a guy! Well, that deserves a B grade for sure (but let's ignore all the guys they lost - they don't count).

There are six teams on that list that I'd immediately put below Buffalo: Bengals, Redskins, Vikings, Broncos, Panthers, and the 49ers. I'd put them on par with the Browns, and maybe slightly below the Dolphins.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

I think the Redskins, 49ers, Bengals and possibly the Browns are going to be intentionally bad this season. 49ers and Redskins appear to be taking measures to ensure they lose games.

Comment

Working...
                              X