PDA

View Full Version : Pass rush or bad oline?

acehole
08-09-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bills_practice_roundup_hey_look_a_pass_rush/6028723

madness
08-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Training camp

Ginger Vitis
08-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Bad Oline..Interesting article on Aaron Curry being touted as a bust so far.. he was suppsoe to be the safest pick in the 2009 draft

Ingtar33
08-09-2011, 04:35 PM
bad o-line.

it's been like this the past few years. people will comment on how good the passrush has looked in camp, only for it to turn out that the o-line is just terrible. Considering we still don't have pro-starter quality tackles this will be another long year for the offense.

Just be terrified if the offense is running at will on the defense in camp. that will mean the defensive front 7 is still a mess too.

JCBills
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
bad o-line.

it's been like this the past few years. people will comment on how good the passrush has looked in camp, only for it to turn out that the o-line is just terrible. Considering we still don't have pro-starter quality tackles this will be another long year for the offense.

Just be terrified if the offense is running at will on the defense in camp. that will mean the defensive front 7 is still a mess too.

Bell was able to blank some of the top pass rushers in the league last season. Wood is good and getting better, same with Levitre. Still two big ?s there, but not every team, has a studs everywhere, or even a majority on their OL.

With who is now putting their hand in the dirt, from starters to depth, I wouldn't be shocked if the level of disruption at the line is letting blitzers get to the QB. We know Williams will ruin opposing OL's day. We think Dareus has the ability to do the same.

It probably has to do with one side being better than the other in one area but worse in another. This is camp after a lockout. Nothing is close to where is should be.

BertSquirtgum
08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bills_practice_roundup_hey_look_a_pass_rush/6028723

when is jasper getting moved to RT?

Goobylal
08-09-2011, 05:50 PM
The Bills have some talent on DL and Wang isn't ready for primetime.

Prov401
08-09-2011, 06:38 PM
The Bills have some talent on DL and Wang isn't ready for primetime.

Wang plays too high. The guy is going to be a backup.

DrGraves
08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
bad pass rush, really bad o-line

NOT THE DUDE...
08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
merriman when 100% was considered the best defensive player in football. dareus is considered to be at suhs talent level. williams was all pro last year. im pretty sure its our dline.

acehole
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I said they would try him there.

Pay attention.

TigerJ
08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
bad o-line.

Granted, the offensive line is not great, but did we really hear about the D-line seeming so dominant as the D-line has seemed so far this year in training camp? I think the real answer is some of both. In particular, I think Merriman has given Bell more trouble than whomever was manning that outside linebacker spot at this time last year, and Marcell Dareus has done the same with Kraig Urbik. Last year, of course, Hangartner was still our starting center, and Wood (coming off a serious broken leg in 2009) was playing the right guard spot. Even though hobbled still by his injury, Wood handled his man (Stroud?) better than Urbik has fared with Dareus. I don't think there's any question Wood is better than Urbik, but there's also no question in my mind that Dareus is a far more dominant DE than Stroud, who is in the twilight of his career and was attempting a position switch as well.

Goobylal
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
The O-line will improve having to face that DL in TC.

acehole
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM

When are you going to post something meaningful vs just commenting on others?

Mr. Pink
08-09-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure if we have an NFL caliber starting offensive line.

One day, OBD will realize this too.

malvado78
08-09-2011, 11:22 PM
When are you going to post something meaningful vs just commenting on others?
Why single him out. If you did this you'd be calling out half the members on the board (including me...).

BertSquirtgum
08-10-2011, 12:07 AM
I said they would try him there.

Pay attention.
you're making **** up. which is why i called you out on it. you want to talk about posting something meaningful? stop pulling garble out of your ass such as the bills trying jasper at right tackle. that was probably one of the stupidest things i've read this off season. good job.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=204455

someone is just trying really hard to be the first to be right about something. pathetic. just like you were the first to post about lee evans being traded a month ago. give it up clown.

cookie G
08-10-2011, 05:47 AM
It has to be an awesome D Line.

The Oline is better than people think, Buddy said so.

acehole
08-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Why single him out. If you did this you'd be calling out half the members on the board (including me...).

?
did what?

acehole
08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
I predict things I think will happen based on my experience guided by logic following the Bills as I do. There are things I think might happen. Things I hear about... I post those things. It is a bills board. Sometimes we talk about speculation here. If you think speculation or rumor is stupid why read a bills board? It turns out I am right a lot of the time. Including my mock draft this year. Instead of arguing other peoples posts why don't you try posting one of your own? We all want to see how smart you claim to be. Again I did not say he will play there,...only Bills might try him there. Instead of calling me names...just post why you disagree instead of your ape like reactive responses and name calling.

Who is the clown if I posted about Lee Evans a month ago and it is being reported now as a possibility? I was stupid for posting speculation that now is being reported? Explain oh great one.

You need to explore why you get destabilized.

Or why you have the need to feel and post to everyone that you are so much smarter then me and try to tear me down every chance you get.

This post was about if the board thought we have a bad o-line or a good pass rush. See if you can keep up ...disagree, agree or don't post. If you have nothing meaningful to say insulting the poster makes you sound stupid not me. You are better then this.

you're making **** up. which is why i called you out on it. you want to talk about posting something meaningful? stop pulling garble out of your ass such as the bills trying jasper at right tackle. that was probably one of the stupidest things i've read this off season. good job.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=204455

someone is just trying really hard to be the first to be right about something. pathetic. just like you were the first to post about lee evans being traded a month ago. give it up clown.

acehole
08-10-2011, 09:07 AM
It has to be an awesome D Line.

The Oline is better than people think, Buddy said so.

I really like the interior...top notch.

We needed to build a strong one to fight the 3-4 nose tackles in our division and I think we are well on our way there.

I don't know about the deficit or depth at tackle?

We can scheme around it to a point running between tackles and counters and screens...and such but it is to a point. They need to hold blocks some what on passing downs and need to be able to stretch the field to keep defenses off the line. The guys we had last year played well enough but not great...I like Bell. Think he did ok...but nothing behind him of note. RT is a question mark to me. It is not an impossible position to fill...so I am baffled why they dont get a body in there.

I think we have a much improved pass rush. The push we can get from the middle is very important to beat Brady as he passes to the sidelines 80% of the time...having to worry about that can be a problem for him.

The introduction of our new qb's and wildcat packages can render the penetration we may get from the outside due to deficient tackles an asset vs a liability on certain plays..

There is still time to get some help there...I think they are exploring in camp what they have to see if it is enough.... based on that we may see some more signings or just see if they can just improve the player they had last year.

acehole
08-10-2011, 09:10 AM
In a way it is good that the oline is over matched at camp. The elevated competition can work to improve the olines game.

Granted, the offensive line is not great, but did we really hear about the D-line seeming so dominant as the D-line has seemed so far this year in training camp? I think the real answer is some of both. In particular, I think Merriman has given Bell more trouble than whomever was manning that outside linebacker spot at this time last year, and Marcell Dareus has done the same with Kraig Urbik. Last year, of course, Hangartner was still our starting center, and Wood (coming off a serious broken leg in 2009) was playing the right guard spot. Even though hobbled still by his injury, Wood handled his man (Stroud?) better than Urbik has fared with Dareus. I don't think there's any question Wood is better than Urbik, but there's also no question in my mind that Dareus is a far more dominant DE than Stroud, who is in the twilight of his career and was attempting a position switch as well.

acehole
08-10-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm not sure if we have an NFL caliber starting offensive line.

One day, OBD will realize this too.

Cant remember when we had that line firing on all cylinders.

If we get anybody good they are lost in FA.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Even Aaron Maybin looked good against the Bills O-line in camp last year. That should say it all.

BertSquirtgum
08-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Or why you have the need to feel and post to everyone that you are so much smarter then me and try to tear me down every chance you get.

I called you out once about the dumbest prediction i have read on here to date, yet i tear down all your posts? you certainly have the it's all about me persona. give it up clown.

acehole
08-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Why is it dumb?

We have a boatload of nose tackles who are doing great.

He has played there before.

We have success converting players from other positions to Oline and other positions.

We move Lb's to safeties.

We move CB to Safeties.

We move safeties to LB.

We move tackles to guards.

We move guards to tackles.

There was a recent article about us playing people at OLB who have not played there before.

Trying a guy of Jaspers build and physical abilities at a position of need for us is anything but stupid.

It would be stupid if they did not explore this.

Proclaiming something is "stupid" that you don't understand or don't agree with doesn't make it so.

Most "intelligent" people make a case for their argument instead of insulting others.

That is unless of course it is all you have to back up your statements.

Tell me of one of great intellect ...tell me your multiple reason why this is stupid?

Make an intelligent argument for yourself against the idea if you can.

Everyone is watching....

Otherwise insult me again and reinforce what we all already know.

And while you are at it....why don't you answer the post...good pass rush or bad o-line? Can't wait to hear the "guy who loves boobies" answer to a football post.

I did not make it about "Me" you did ...

by insulting me personally and not arguing your point and going off topic ....

The terms and agreements of the board might help you in your confusion as to what a Bills board is for.

The things I sometimes post.... I don't necessarily agree with...

Just what the Bills MO is at times ....and what they might do.

Even if you make a case for why it is the stupidest thing ever (Which you wont do.)

doesn't mean they won't try it.

I called you out once about the dumbest prediction i have read on here to date, yet i tear down all your posts? you certainly have the it's all about me persona. give it up clown.

BertSquirtgum
08-10-2011, 12:07 PM
it's the stupidest prediction ever because he is an immovable object at dt. i can see him flourishing at dt after a year of nfl training and he could become a dominant force. there is no reason what so ever to think the bills would ever consider him on the offensive line.

edit: i said it was a stupid prediction. don't be dumb all of your life.

The Jokeman
08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Why is it dumb?

We have a boatload of nose tackles who are doing great.

He has played there before.

We have success converting players from other positions to Oline and other positions.

We move Lb's to safeties.

We move CB to Safeties.

We move safeties to LB.

We move tackles to guards.

We move guards to tackles.

There was a recent article about us playing people at OLB who have not played there before.

Trying a guy of Jaspers build and physical abilities at a position of need for us is anything but stupid.

It would be stupid if they did not explore this.

Proclaiming something is "stupid" that you don't understand or don't agree with doesn't make it so.

Most "intelligent" people make a case for their argument instead of insulting others.

That is unless of course it is all you have to back up your statements.

Tell me of one of great intellect ...tell me your multiple reason why this is stupid?

Make an intelligent argument for yourself against the idea if you can.

Everyone is watching....

Otherwise insult me again and reinforce what we all already know.

And while you are at it....why don't you answer the post...good pass rush or bad o-line? Can't wait to hear the "guy who loves boobies" answer to a football post.

I did not make it about "Me" you did ...

by insulting me personally and not arguing your point and going off topic ....

The terms and agreements of the board might help you in your confusion as to what a Bills board is for.

The things I sometimes post.... I don't necessarily agree with...

Just what the Bills MO is at times ....and what they might do.

Even if you make a case for why it is the stupidest thing ever (Which you wont do.)

doesn't mean they won't try it.
You'd forgotten we also converted a WR to S and he's due to start this year!
But once we converted a TE into a RT and later to LT when he went onto the Pro Bowl and than we traded him to the Eagles. Everyone knows that magic in a bottle can happens two times.

acehole
08-10-2011, 01:43 PM
LOL

Thought so.

Whatever dude.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/jasper-sizes-up-the-bills

it's the stupidest prediction ever because he is an immovable object at dt. i can see him flourishing at dt after a year of nfl training and he could become a dominant force. there is no reason what so ever to think the bills would ever consider him on the offensive line.

edit: i said it was a stupid prediction. don't be dumb all of your life.

acehole
08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
You'd forgotten we also converted a WR to S and he's due to start this year!
But once we converted a TE into a RT and later to LT when he went onto the Pro Bowl and than we traded him to the Eagles. Everyone knows that magic in a bottle can happens two times.

NO NO NO!!!

WR can only be WR's!!

Safeties only play safety!

This can't be!

I am smart and you are dumb!

Lol.