PDA

View Full Version : a Quote from a true leader.

Tatonka
09-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Describe your frustration with the special teams.

"I am not concerned about that part of it, I am concerned about my own play. Turning the ball over twice, really make it hard for our defense. Our defense really played well today except when they were trapped with a short field. I turned the ball over there and the Jets were able to turn that into points. So that is what I have to avoid and that is what I am concerned with."

bledsoe.

Tatonka
09-08-2002, 07:44 PM
from moulds.. another leader.

How about the two kick returns? Can you describe how devastating that is?

"I don't think I have seen two kick returns against our special teams since I have been here. The guy (Morton) made some plays today. He is a fast guy and we needed to stop him but we didn't. We can't have that if we are going to be a solid football tournament. I know we will bounce back. Special teams didn't lose that game for us, we have got to make more plays and commit fewer penalties. I'm as guilty anyone with that holding penalty. I think we are still a good football team and we will show that next week."

Rebecky
09-08-2002, 07:48 PM
And the HC has to step up and take final responsibility -- I haven't had a chance to read GW's post game remarks. What was his "take"?

TigerJ
09-08-2002, 07:55 PM
I don't know about GW, but on another fan board the editor of a local sports mag said he was in the locker room and and Danny Smith apologized for the worst special teams effort he had ever been a part of. Ruben Brown also admitted that was the worst game he's played as a Bills, saying his technique was just awful.

Novacane
09-08-2002, 07:55 PM
He just gave the "we have to look at film" bs. I don't have to look at any film to tell you where we need to improve.

Ð
09-08-2002, 07:57 PM
have another beer & calm down BTR46