PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Are the Bills ready to make a deal?

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 07:15 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/08/are-the-bills-ready-to-make-a-deal/

Over the past few days news has broke that the Bills are rumored to be involved in two possible trade discussions involving two former first round picks. The first name will come as no surprise to you, as some fans have been calling for Aaron Maybin’s head since Week 8 of his rookie season. The other though is one of the Bills brightest stars, but has never gotten the credit he truly deserves.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Thanks and props to Bedard for allowing me use of his comic from yesterday!

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2011, 08:03 AM
I still dont think theres a spec of truth to the Evans stuff and the only people giving this any legs are people with blogs who think it would be a good idea...

alohabillsfan
08-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Do we really need a seperate thread on the Maybin/Evans trade or is this merely a way to prostitute your website?

Jan Reimers
08-10-2011, 08:32 AM
I think Evans is worth more to the Bills than a 3rd and a 5th. They would be silly to seriously weaken an already iffy, mostly unproven WR corps by trading a great player and great teammate for midround draft picks.

mysticsoto
08-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Do we really need a seperate thread on the Maybin/Evans trade or is this merely a way to prostitute your website?

DB has never been above prostituting...LOL!

DrGraves
08-10-2011, 08:52 AM
If we give up Evans for a couple thirds I'll be pretty upset. I know he hasn't been great in recent years but he's been a fan favorite and a good guy for the franchise since day one- i'd hate to see him go for next to nothing.

acehole
08-10-2011, 09:19 AM
If they pull the trigger it better be for value.

It is possible he is asking for one behind the scenes.

If we give up Evans for a couple thirds I'll be pretty upset. I know he hasn't been great in recent years but he's been a fan favorite and a good guy for the franchise since day one- i'd hate to see him go for next to nothing.

psubills62
08-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I'd at least want a 3rd and a 5th. And I wouldn't say two thirds is next to nothing.

With regards to our depth chart, the smart thing is to trade him. That being said, the guy has been loyal to Buffalo and the consummate teammate.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I still dont think theres a spec of truth to the Evans stuff and the only people giving this any legs are people with blogs who think it would be a good idea...

I think there is some truth to it. How viable it is though is up to interpretation. Im not saying either way I want it or I don't.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 10:50 AM

I tie two threads together through this plus add information without having to go through pages and pages of posts and pissing matches. So really Im doing you a favor.

Plus whoring isn't really a bad thing persay...

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 10:50 AM
DB has never been above prostituting...LOL!

Damn skippy!

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 10:51 AM
I think Evans is worth more to the Bills than a 3rd and a 5th. They would be silly to seriously weaken an already iffy, mostly unproven WR corps by trading a great player and great teammate for midround draft picks.

Randy Moss commanded far less in terms of value, asking for more than a 3rd and 5th is really pushing the boundaries. I think Boldin went for a 4th alone.

3rd and 5th is premium value in this WR trade market.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 10:53 AM
In the end Id hate to see Evans go, but on this team he's not really going to do much. He's not going to win us games and honestly the guy has been so good to the organization and fans I wouldnt mind trading him to a contender so he can have an actual shot at a ring. He only has 2-3 years left more than likely.

psubills62
08-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Randy Moss commanded far less in terms of value, asking for more than a 3rd and 5th is really pushing the boundaries. I think Boldin went for a 4th alone.

3rd and 5th is premium value in this WR trade market.
I thought Boldin went for a 3rd and 4th?

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Can't recall, lemme double check.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 10:56 AM

Yep 3rd and 4th, but Baltimore also send a 5th back.

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2011, 10:57 AM
I think there is some truth to it. How viable it is though is up to interpretation. Im not saying either way I want it or I don't.

but I mean what makes you think theres truth to it? I havent heard a peep coming from the actual Bills organization or any of the teams discussed...

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 11:04 AM
but I mean what makes you think theres truth to it? I havent heard a peep coming from the actual Bills organization or any of the teams discussed...

But you never do here a team come out and say "We are actively shopping Player X..."

Aaron Wilson is why I think there is truth to it. He's a lesser known NFL Insider but he's very good and when it comes to anything involving Baltimore he always has it first. He's connected in that organization and that's why I trust there is some truth to this.

bosshogg21
08-10-2011, 11:27 AM
How on earth did Deion branch get traded for a 1st? New England gave up a 2nd for welker before he was proven.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 11:30 AM
How on earth did Deion branch get traded for a 1st? New England gave up a 2nd for welker before he was proven.

Different market back then.

better days
08-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Different market back then.

Explain that please. If anything WR's are more important today than ever.

ChristopherWalken
08-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I think the Bills realize Evans value and if the price is right he may very well be packing his locker. That doesn't mean I agree with it, but if the Bills can get some HIGH valuable picks....well, business is business. I am of the opinion that this is unlikely to happen.

I am also of the opionon that a trade with Maybin is unlikely to happen. While I don't have the specs of his contract, I'm most certain most of it is back loaded and any team with a half a brain will want his contract reconstructed. No, I am more of the belief that if there truly is any interest in Maybin (ahem*Cleveland), than teams would prefer to take their chances and take up battle after the Bills release him prior to regular season....which is probably the more realistic scenerio.

better days
08-10-2011, 11:44 AM
I think the Bills realize Evans value and if the price is right he may very well be packing his locker. That doesn't mean I agree with it, but if the Bills can get some HIGH valuable picks....well, business is business. I am of the opinion that this is unlikely to happen.

I am also of the opionon that a trade with Maybin is unlikely to happen. While I don't have the specs of his contract, I'm most certain most of it is back loaded and any team with a half a brain will want his contract reconstructed. No, I am more of the belief that if there truly is any interest in Maybin (ahem*Cleveland), than teams would prefer to take their chances and take up battle after the Bills release him prior to regular season....which is probably the more realistic scenerio.

I agree with everything except Maybins contract. I'm pretty sure the majority of the money from that contract has been paid out. Hence the Bills keeping him up until now & now ready to cut him, no cap hit will be taken by releasing him now.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Explain that please. If anything WR's are more important today than ever.

Spread offense allows primary WR's to become less valuable because you have more options. Spread offenses isn't predicated on your #1 being able to beat their #1, if your #4 can beat their dime CB or LB route after route. You throw to whose open, not whose the best.

That's why the market is depressed, that and most WR's dealt are dealt on the backside of their careers.

acehole
08-10-2011, 11:46 AM
:clap:

You have restored my faith my brother.

ChristopherWalken
08-10-2011, 11:51 AM
I agree with everything except Maybins contract. I'm pretty sure the majority of the money from that contract has been paid out. Hence the Bills keeping him up until now & now ready to cut him, no cap hit will be taken by releasing him now.

This was an interesting point so I had to look up the numbers. According to Sportrac.com, Maybin is due just 757K this year. However, 2012-2014 his salary jumps to 1.1, 1.4, and 1.5 million dollars a year.

I'm pretty sure anyone interested in trading for this turd-target will want to reconstruct his contract. This is very unlikely. Either way this guy will not be a Bill in the regular season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/aaron-maybin/

trapezeus
08-10-2011, 12:33 PM
i like how we are all bills fans craving as much bills info as possible and then some people create some sites and bring it right to us and people are still like, "thanks for nothing."

it makes no sense.

alohabillsfan
08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
I tie two threads together through this plus add information without having to go through pages and pages of posts and pissing matches. So really Im doing you a favor.

Plus whoring isn't really a bad thing persay...

Dont assume I read it, cuz I didnt. I mean really Maybin a trade, rofl. I really dont care what internet hacks and bloggers have to say about a potential trade, what value there is, or what teams are involved. I am somewhat older I guess than most of you and dont really need to monitor twitter for up to the minute information, even if its actually correct from time to time. There is nothing anyone of us (except Blame Canada) can do about it. But if it makes you feel better to prostitute this message board for your own personal gain so be it. Have a blast just dont assume all of us care. PS Its nothing against you personally, I never click on any of these links, thats not why I choose to come here.

DraftBoy
08-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Dont assume I read it, cuz I didnt. I mean really Maybin a trade, rofl. I really dont care what internet hacks and bloggers have to say about a potential trade, what value there is, or what teams are involved. I am somewhat older I guess than most of you and dont really need to monitor twitter for up to the minute information, even if its actually correct from time to time. There is nothing anyone of us (except Blame Canada) can do about it. But if it makes you feel better to prostitute this message board for your own personal gain so be it. Have a blast just dont assume all of us care. PS Its nothing against you personally, I never click on any of these links, thats not why I choose to come here.

I fail to see your point. You are free to click or not to click on the link. I dont put it up here to force anybody to do anything (nor can I). There are people here who choose to click the link (185 so far today) and others who don't, either way its no skin off my back.

I dont see what age has to do with anything, though I do agree BC is a fantastic source for information. There are also a number of other people (Coach Sal namely) who routinely have good information and know what they are talking about, and I would encourage you to find them and also read what they write and ask them questions.

It makes me feel good to give people something to read and to think about. Agree, Disagree, Love it, Hate it, none of that makes a difference. I started on this site when it was first born and have been here ever since, and will likely always be here in one form or another. I dont prostitute the board for my own personal gain (well that's partly untrue, there is the potential for personal gain through clicks but the number of clicks it would take is far beyond anything I feel as though this board can provide), I dont prostitute it at all (atleast not in the dirty sense). Anything I post from my site has the heading in the title "BBD", so everybody is aware before the click on it, because I dont want to mislead people.

Talk about how Im wrong, talk about how Im right (I prefer right for the record), talk about how I never shut up and have an ego the size of Montana (like on TV it looks bigger than it really is). Do whatever, all I ask is that you not misrepresent what this is or how Im doing it. Ive put over a decade of my life into this, and people may not like the product (or me) but at the very least be truthful about it.

That's all I ask, now I will continue typing from my Mother's Basement because you know that's where all us bloggers still live. :peace:

EDIT: Thats not just addresses at toy Aloha and I apologize of that's how it appears. That's a commentary rather on how hard it is as time to get take seriously coming from the non-traditional medium that is the interenet in today's world.

better days
08-10-2011, 04:45 PM
This was an interesting point so I had to look up the numbers. According to Sportrac.com, Maybin is due just 757K this year. However, 2012-2014 his salary jumps to 1.1, 1.4, and 1.5 million dollars a year.

I'm pretty sure anyone interested in trading for this turd-target will want to reconstruct his contract. This is very unlikely. Either way this guy will not be a Bill in the regular season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/aaron-maybin/

Agreed unless Maybin really shows something in the next few preseason games he is gone. That said, if he were any good at all, those numbers would be very reasonable for the remainder of his contract.