• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Get a grip, Evans is NOT getting traded

It would be collossally stupid for the Bills to trade Evans.

So we have Stevie doing well last year, now Roscoe and Easley are hurt again, and then who do we have? Donald ***** Jones? Paul ***** Hubbard? Roosevelt? Nelson???

After Stevie and Evans and maybe Roscoe, all we have is a bunch of scrubs with, gasp, potential. We trade Evans now, we may as well tie Fitz's arms behind his back and tell him do what you can but we're shooting for Luck next year.
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Get a grip, Evans is NOT getting traded

I actually believe that he will be traded. The Cardinal report may be just fodder to jack up the price from the Ravens. We shall see. I am ok with the trade if we get a similar deal as the Mcgahee trade (3 and a 5) a 2nd rd pick would be awesome. We are not going deep in the playoffs this year so lets get younger and gather more picks. IMHO.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

an evans trade could be the thing that hedges an average season and still puts us in play for luck. Perhaps, we can finish with a top 12 pick, but with a boat load of other picks, we will be more interested in trading up to get him.

i think if the bills defense can be a high teen's ranked defense, they'll just be a couple LB's away from having a solid defense. and on offense, they'll need more WR and a legit QB. You don't need all 7 picks to get good quick.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
        I actually believe that he will be traded. The Cardinal report may be just fodder to jack up the price from the Ravens. We shall see. I am ok with the trade if we get a similar deal as the Mcgahee trade (3 and a 5) a 2nd rd pick would be awesome. We are not going deep in the playoffs this year so lets get younger and gather more picks. IMHO.
        McGahee wanted out of Buffalo, & was making an ass of himself, becoming an embarrassment to the Bills. Evans likes Buffalo, & has two years left on his contract at a reasonable salary.

I do not understand why some people are in such a hurry to trade him myself. I think if the young receivers continue to develop this year, Evans can be traded next year for at least as much value as he has today after he has a comeback year.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
          an evans trade could be the thing that hedges an average season and still puts us in play for luck. Perhaps, we can finish with a top 12 pick, but with a boat load of other picks, we will be more interested in trading up to get him.
          Trading up takes a partner. Any team that will finish in the top 3 will likely be looking for their own franchise QB, barring a drastic turn of misfortune. No team who has a chance to take Andrew Luck is going to trade down.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

he is getting traded. we have better all around wrs on the depth chart. roosevelt is another johnson maybe...

if you take naaman numbers and project them over 16 games he is waay better..

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
              he is getting traded. we have better all around wrs on the depth chart. roosevelt is another johnson maybe...

If you take Bears QB Caleb Hanie's numbers last year and project them over 16 games he is waaaaay better than Tom Brady.
              Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 08-10-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                Sab and TD are insignificant
                • Sep 2002

I do not want evans off this team. players like him are the ones who get you into the playoffs - with a surrounding cast of course.
                www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

We need to give these young guys at WR more chances. They've already started to prove that they can play on this level and we know Nix wants to get big on the outside sooner rather than later.

It's time to move on. I wish Lee the best and I hope he has a chance to play for a winning NFL team.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

You have given the exact reasons NOT to trade Evans. Without Evans, we have ifs, maybe's and projections, unproven guys, injured guys and potential stars. Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt may be great, but they are not there yet. Easley might be the second coming of Jerry Rice, if he gets off the injured list. Rosco is a decent slot/gadget guy, when he's healthy. Davis is an ex-first rounder, but he's never produced.

And Johnson has never been the number one guy, as he has had Evans to take attention away from him. Evans is a solid veteran with speed, hands and receiving skills who makes the rest of this unit better.

We can't have a WR corps that depends soley on ifs, buts and maybe's.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

We can't have a WR corps that depends soley on ifs, buts and maybe's.
                      Unfortunately, that doesn't mean we won't. It wouldn't be the first time we went into a season with an entire position staffed with nothing but ifs, but's and maybe's.

And to make matters worse: I have Lee Evans' jersey. He's the last current player that I have. That's the kiss of death.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Some would consider Evans a scrub. The last 2 years he's only had 81 receptions.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          And to make matters worse: I have Lee Evans' jersey. He's the last current player that I have. That's the kiss of death.
                          Same here, with Poz gone. If Lee gets traded, I'll have to break out my classic Kelly, Reed and Tasker jerseys for the sports bar scene this fall.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            Trading up takes a partner. Any team that will finish in the top 3 will likely be looking for their own franchise QB, barring a drastic turn of misfortune. No team who has a chance to take Andrew Luck is going to trade down.
                            even teams like carolina, cincinnati, 49ers, jags, broncos, and a couple other teams that selected QB's highly in the last 2 years? These are the guys who have a good chance of finishing near the bottom again. You don't think they'd say, "we picked a guy we believe in, let's get some picks for this guy and build around our guy.

i hear what you are saying, it would be a two part plan and nothing is guarnateed. but i think in the worst case scenario, you just traded an underperforming player who is valued higher than what he should be. might as well get the picks and help our undertalented team get stocked with better talent. and in the ebst case scenario, use those picks to get a top level, day 1 starting QB.

Comment

• acehole
                              • Jan 2006

Although I agree with you why they should not...it does not mean they won't.

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              It would be collossally stupid for the Bills to trade Evans.

So we have Stevie doing well last year, now Roscoe and Easley are hurt again, and then who do we have? Donald ***** Jones? Paul ***** Hubbard? Roosevelt? Nelson???

After Stevie and Evans and maybe Roscoe, all we have is a bunch of scrubs with, gasp, potential. We trade Evans now, we may as well tie Fitz's arms behind his back and tell him do what you can but we're shooting for Luck next year.
                              Hated by the stupid..
                              Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                              X