PDA

View Full Version : A Call to Zoners/Tailgate related

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2011, 09:21 AM
With all these recent tailgate DESTROYING policies enacted by the Bills I suggest you move your tailgates over by me in the Grass lot in front of Lot 5 on Southwestern.... No assigned parking...Can come as early as you would like....

SabreEleven
08-10-2011, 09:25 AM
and Mikey can come as late as he wants.

DrGraves
08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Most people come to the game with other cars... I'm wondering how much of a premium there will be for these unassigned lots- and how early you'll have to get there to snag a spot

hydro
08-10-2011, 09:35 AM
With all these recent tailgate DESTROYING policies enacted by the Bills I suggest you move your tailgates over by me in the Grass lot in front of Lot 5 on Southwestern.... No assigned parking...Can come as early as you would like....

:bf1: Bills can make all the changes they want. As long as private lots are allowed it won't affect us!

Michael82
08-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Phil and I are looking at joining Kenny in his move to Hammers Lot on Abbott.

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Phil and I are looking at joining Kenny in his move to Hammers Lot on Abbott.
Which one is that?

THATHURMANATOR
08-10-2011, 12:49 PM
HELLO?????

bf1
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
so there is assigned parking? how does that work?

hydro
08-10-2011, 12:59 PM
so there is assigned parking? how does that work?

Lots 2 and 3 will have people flagging you where to park. No spreading out wherever you want.

Michael82
08-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Which one is that?

http://members.cox.net/billswatch/Hammer/index.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4170+Abbott+Rd,+Orchard+Park,+NY+14127&spn=0.027294,0.060176&t=h&hl=en

It's the stretch of lawn between the paved RV lot and the other lot.

X-Era
08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Phil and I are looking at joining Kenny in his move to Hammers Lot on Abbott.Let us know. I got my opener tix so I'm in. Why not by Thurm?

Mski
08-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Lots 2 and 3 will have people flagging you where to park. No spreading out wherever you want. were these the only changes?

hydro
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
were these the only changes?

From what I understand. As well as Abbott road being closed for through traffic.

Mski
08-11-2011, 12:05 PM
then they're not as bad as i assumed, shutting abbot down to make it all inbound before the game, and out bound after the game is going to make traffic easier to deal with, if they're not changing the parking in lot 5 (where i've noticed most of the ""big"" tailgates go) there probably wont be much of an increase in the private lot use

DraftBoy
08-11-2011, 12:06 PM
I understand y'alls pain, if they ever dared to touch the sacredness that is College Football tailgating there would be a potential Jihad across the south.

If there is one thing SEC fans would ever band together about its to save a schools tailgating ability.

THATHURMANATOR
then they're not as bad as i assumed, shutting abbot down to make it all inbound before the game, and out bound after the game is going to make traffic easier to deal with, if they're not changing the parking in lot 5 (where i've noticed most of the ""big"" tailgates go) there probably wont be much of an increase in the private lot use
Well you can't get in until an hour later than last year..... 9am if I am correct?

BlackMetalNinja
I understand y'alls pain, if they ever dared to touch the sacredness that is College Football tailgating there would be a potential Jihad across the south.No kidding!

Mski
08-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Well you can't get in until an hour later than last year..... 9am if I am correct? I think drive 5 has been 9am for years, i think thats a NFL rule, not a RWS rule though, cant open the lots more then 4 hrs before kick off, to curb people from drinking all day before later games

DraftBoy
08-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I think drive 5 has been 9am for years, i think thats a NFL rule, not a RWS rule though, cant open the lots more then 4 hrs before kick off, to curb people from drinking all day before later games

Nothing better than getting to the stadium on Thursday night, and drinking till a 3:30 kickoff on Saturday.

Mski
08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Nothing better than getting to the stadium on Thursday night, and drinking till a 3:30 kickoff on Saturday.unfortunately in Buffalo we dont have a big enough college football program to warrant such epic tailgates, or tailgates at all (do they even tailgate for UB games?) If we did, i'm sure the tolerence for the "football" played at RWS would be much lower

hydro
08-11-2011, 12:29 PM
I think drive 5 has been 9am for years, i think thats a NFL rule, not a RWS rule though, cant open the lots more then 4 hrs before kick off, to curb people from drinking all day before later games

Lot 5 has been the same as all Bills lots and were open at 8am.

Michael82
08-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Let us know. I got my opener tix so I'm in. Why not by Thurm?

3 reasons...

#1, it's all the way on the other side of the stadium. Far away from our seats and wayyy far away from the Fieldhouse where we always like to go, especially Phil, to see the Jills.

#2, Kenny's moving from Lot 1 to Hammer's lot and Phil enjoys doing the pre-tailgate with him. They are talking about starting at 7am or earlier like they used to.

#3, it's still somewhat close to the mud lot, where Lecter sometimes parks. Thurm's lot is too damn far away.

Mski
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
3 reasons...

#1, it's all the way on the other side of the stadium. Far away from our seats and wayyy far away from the Fieldhouse where we always like to go, especially Phil, to see the Jills.

#2, Kenny's moving from Lot 1 to Hammer's lot and Phil enjoys doing the pre-tailgate with him. They are talking about starting at 7am or earlier like they used to.

#3, it's still somewhat close to the mud lot, where Lecter sometimes parks. Thurm's lot is too damn far away. its a great party

Michael82
08-11-2011, 01:13 PM
its a great party

He parks at Sean's old parking lot right? The one where Stadium Sportswear used to be?

Mski
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
i thought he parked in the one imeadiately next to drive 5, poke your head through the woods and you're in lot 5:idunno:

just seems like the lots on the fieldhouse side dont party as much as the ones facing south western

Michael82
08-11-2011, 01:30 PM
i thought he parked in the one imeadiately next to drive 5, poke your head through the woods and you're in lot 5:idunno:

just seems like the lots on the fieldhouse side dont party as much as the ones facing south western

Ours was Lot 1. It was known as the biggest party lot around with Kenny there and several other huge tailgates.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2011, 04:06 PM
He parks at Sean's old parking lot right? The one where Stadium Sportswear used to be?
NO

Beebe's Kid
08-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I park in that lot, but I drive up from Erie, and every game the people I was going with were ****ing up the flow.

I'll be there with bells on at every game this year. They can go with me, or kiss my ass.

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2011, 08:53 AM
3 reasons...

#3, it's still somewhat close to the mud lot, where Lecter sometimes parks. Thurm's lot is too damn far away.
F THAT

Historian
08-14-2011, 09:22 AM
I never understood why you guys had such a hard on for the smallest lot at the stadium, with the worst exiting congestion.

To watch a guy get doused with ketchup? :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, with Abbott now being closed off, not only will you have to circle around to the south to get there, but you will also have to head south to exit.

PITA if you're coming from the Northtowns, which most of us do.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2011, 09:25 AM
I will be in the mudlot for the opener. I know that for sure.

X-Era
08-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Sounds a lot like we have no real plan to setup a BZ tailgate.

Michael82
08-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Sounds a lot like we have no real plan to setup a BZ tailgate.

We were talking about going to Hammer's Lot last year, which is a nice lot. And it's a private lot. It's on the same side of the stadium as where our seats are. It's also still closer to the Fieldhouse and Bills Store if you need them.

The only reason why we were in Lot 1 was the fact that we got moved away from the other side of the stadium. It's not a small lot either. And it allowed people to come in as they please and all park together.

It was also nice being next to the guard rail and seeing the fans walk by each time.

Michael82
08-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I've also thought of the mudlot, at least for the first few games...before it gets horrible to park in.

Michael82
08-14-2011, 10:22 AM
I've also thought of the mudlot, at least for the first few games...before it gets horrible to park in.

Corey...can I see a map of your parking lot? I'm curious where exactly it is. We might be moving the opener party to there.

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey the tailgate map link doesn't work. Can you post the map and I will add where I park...

Michael82
08-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey the tailgate map link doesn't work. Can you post the map and I will add where I park...

I just did a google maps search of One Bills Drive.

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Here you go

Historian
08-14-2011, 11:42 AM
That is a bit of a hike.

That lot is sloped, is it not?

Cntrygal
08-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Holy Hell... it looks like you set up camp in an old crater.

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2011, 12:22 PM
That is a bit of a hike.

That lot is sloped, is it not?

What do you mean hike?

It is right by Lot 5.

No it isn't sloped.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2011, 12:44 PM
That is a bit of a hike.

Somebody will help you with the walk, Grandpa.......

THATHURMANATOR
08-14-2011, 12:46 PM
How is it a hike though? Tons of people park in that lot across the street. that is farther.