PDA

View Full Version : Parrish injures leg

Philagape
08-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Bills WR Roscoe Parrish injures left leg
PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo Bills wide receiver Roscoe Parrish left practice Wednesday night after an apparent leg injury and was ruled out of the team's first preseason game this Saturday in Chicago.
Parrish was running a fly pattern during a full-field drill when he came up limping and grabbing his left leg. Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey expects him to miss extended practice time.

B-DON
08-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Damn it!!!! Well I guess this gives our young guns a chance to see if they have any skills or talent worth keeping around this year.

THRILLHO
08-10-2011, 10:20 PM
The length of time he is out could dictate when/if Lee Evans is traded.

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2011, 10:24 PM
sounds like a hammy

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
The length of time he is out could dictate when/if Lee Evans is traded.

not happenin bud

wmoz11
08-10-2011, 10:31 PM
sounds like a hammy

Yep, I think Gailey confirmed that after practice.

Oaf
08-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Shoot man.. I'm hoping he's cleared to play by 3rd ps game. He could really be an asset this year..

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Shoot man.. I'm hoping he's cleared to play by 3rd ps game. He could really be an asset this year..

As long as its just a pull it will be up to him. Ive pulled mine twice before and it took me about 2 to 3 weeks til it was healed, and then a week or so til I could run full speed again. The thing about hammys though is it can be a nagging injury and if you dont treat it right and stretch really good youll be vulnerable to pull it again very easily. Hope he gets better

BloFan4Life
08-10-2011, 10:53 PM
As long as its just a pull it will be up to him. Ive pulled mine twice before and it took me about 2 to 3 weeks til it was healed, and then a week or so til I could run full speed again. The thing about hammys though is it can be a nagging injury and if you dont treat it right and stretch really good youll be vulnerable to pull it again very easily. Hope he gets better

Don't think he pulled anything. Gailey said he "retweaked" it. 2 weeks max I would say. I would expect him to be in the 3rd preseason game.

FlyingDutchman
08-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Don't think he pulled anything. Gailey said he "retweaked" it. 2 weeks max I would say. I would expect him to be in the 3rd preseason game.

Yeah so its basically its a slight pull from a previously pulled hamstring. Hopefully it wasnt too severe. You pull your hammy once, youre vulnerable. It sucks.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-10-2011, 11:16 PM
keep him out until he is 100% i could care less about preseason

BloFan4Life
08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Yeah so its basically its a slight pull from a previously pulled hamstring. Hopefully it wasnt too severe. You pull your hammy once, youre vulnerable. It sucks.

They was no hamstring pull. There was a hamstring tweak and a retweak.

psubills62
08-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Well, injuries could help solve the problem of who to keep and who to let go.

Too bad for Parrish. I liked how Gailey was using him, but in the end his frailty is an issue, maybe too much of an issue.

BertSquirtgum
08-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Lets trade Lee because the little black hobbit can stretch the field just as good as him. what a bunch of tards.

B-DON
08-11-2011, 04:08 AM
Lets trade Lee because the little black hobbit can stretch the field just as good as him. what a bunch of tards.
Lol thanks for the insight and btw, anyone that can run a 4.4 40 can do what Evans has done the past two years

YardRat
08-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Parrish is the receiver that needs to go, not Evans.

He's a china doll.

DraftBoy
08-11-2011, 07:26 AM

A tweak is a pull, they call it a tweak so that people assume its not a big deal. Pull has a negative connotation.

FlyingDutchman
08-11-2011, 07:52 AM

thats a pull...theres no medical definition for "tweak"...it was a pull

malvado78
08-11-2011, 07:53 AM
A tweak is a pull, they call it a tweak so that people assume its not a big deal. Pull has a negative connotation.

I took BloFan4Life as being sarcastic...

Whose sarcasm meter is broken? Mine or yours?

trapezeus
08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
what's the healthy shelf life for Parrish? 8 weeks max? i swear, this guy CAN NOT last a full season. He might have early when he was just a punt returner.

acehole
08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
what's the healthy shelf life for Parrish? 8 weeks max? i swear, this guy CAN NOT last a full season. He might have early when he was just a punt returner.

These speed guys have these issues more then usual.

We are making the switch to possession guys.

Better for run game.

ie denver of old.

ServoBillieves
08-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Dude needs to stay healthy just one full season under Chan... But I'm not worried about a preseason 3 week injury. Just be healthy week 1