PDA

View Full Version : Wannstedt talks role/defense

Ickybaluky
08-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Says Bills will play mulitple fronts on D.

LINK (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/08/10/wannstedt-brings-experience-schemes-to-bills)

WeAreArthurMoates
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Nice, this is the role I was hoping he would have. Sounds like he will implement the game plans. He is going to have a huge impact on this defense.

Cntrygal
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
After so many years of making fun of Wanny.... I'm having a tough time adjusting to his name associated with our team............................

methos4ever
08-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Nice, this is the role I was hoping he would have. Sounds like he will implement the game plans. He is going to have a huge impact on this defense.
This article is taking quotes from prior articles and adding the author's supposition that Wanny is running the defense. Pretty lazy IMO.

OpIv37
08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
is Wanny saying "I don't know how to run a 3-4," or is he saying "We still don't have the personnel to run a proper 3-4?"

TigerJ
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I think he's saying, "There's too much stuff to learn both the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses completely and do everything that is a part of both defenses, so we're going to do some of each. There is stuff that may be part of 3-4 defenses that we won't be doing and stuff that may be part of 4-3 defenses that we won't be doing."

Obviously, the coaching staff thinks that can work. Both defenses have so many wrinkles that you don't do them all on every play. Wanny is saying the players will not learn all the possible wrinkles. Still, by running the two different schemes, that will give offenses a great deal for which to prepare.

paranoid
08-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Bring back "The Creep!"

EDS
08-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Wow, Wanny has been away from the NFL game for a long, long time.

better days
08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Wow, Wanny has been away from the NFL game for a long, long time.

Well, so was Dick Vermeil before Coaching the Rams to the Super Bowl.

Syderick
08-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I think he's saying, "There's too much stuff to learn both the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses completely and do everything that is a part of both defenses, so we're going to do some of each. There is stuff that may be part of 3-4 defenses that we won't be doing and stuff that may be part of 4-3 defenses that we won't be doing."

Obviously, the coaching staff thinks that can work. Both defenses have so many wrinkles that you don't do them all on every play. Wanny is saying the players will not learn all the possible wrinkles. Still, by running the two different schemes, that will give offenses a great deal for which to prepare.

Sounds like the same way the Patriots defense run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid.

casdhf
08-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm fine with Wanny as a position coach. The guy has been around forever. It was his game day decisions that left a lot to be desired. Chan can mess that stuff up himself.