X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Wannstedt talks role/defense

Says Bills will play mulitple fronts on D.

LINK
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: Wannstedt talks role/defense

Nice, this is the role I was hoping he would have. Sounds like he will implement the game plans. He is going to have a huge impact on this defense.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

After so many years of making fun of Wanny.... I'm having a tough time adjusting to his name associated with our team............................
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WeAreArthurMoates
        Nice, this is the role I was hoping he would have. Sounds like he will implement the game plans. He is going to have a huge impact on this defense.
        This article is taking quotes from prior articles and adding the author's supposition that Wanny is running the defense. Pretty lazy IMO.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

is Wanny saying "I don't know how to run a 3-4," or is he saying "We still don't have the personnel to run a proper 3-4?"
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I think he's saying, "There's too much stuff to learn both the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses completely and do everything that is a part of both defenses, so we're going to do some of each. There is stuff that may be part of 3-4 defenses that we won't be doing and stuff that may be part of 4-3 defenses that we won't be doing."

Obviously, the coaching staff thinks that can work. Both defenses have so many wrinkles that you don't do them all on every play. Wanny is saying the players will not learn all the possible wrinkles. Still, by running the two different schemes, that will give offenses a great deal for which to prepare.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• paranoid
              • Sep 2009

Bring back "The Creep!"

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Wow, Wanny has been away from the NFL game for a long, long time.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by EDS
                  Wow, Wanny has been away from the NFL game for a long, long time.
                  Well, so was Dick Vermeil before Coaching the Rams to the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Syderick
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    I think he's saying, "There's too much stuff to learn both the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses completely and do everything that is a part of both defenses, so we're going to do some of each. There is stuff that may be part of 3-4 defenses that we won't be doing and stuff that may be part of 4-3 defenses that we won't be doing."

Obviously, the coaching staff thinks that can work. Both defenses have so many wrinkles that you don't do them all on every play. Wanny is saying the players will not learn all the possible wrinkles. Still, by running the two different schemes, that will give offenses a great deal for which to prepare.
                    Sounds like the same way the Patriots defense run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid.
                    3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

I'm fine with Wanny as a position coach. The guy has been around forever. It was his game day decisions that left a lot to be desired. Chan can mess that stuff up himself.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                      X