PDA

View Full Version : moulds

ryven
06-25-2003, 03:32 PM
earlier this offseason I heard that moulds was learning a couple of new routes. In your opion could this mean he could swith between slot and wide out instead of just wide out?

:rocket:

Pride
06-25-2003, 03:35 PM
hmm... do you have a link to a news source for this? I dont recall it. How many routes are there for a WR? Streak, Post, Crossing, Hitch, and Hook.

I guess it could mean the slot.. which, I think he would be more effective than Reed simply because of his size. He can use his smarts more effectively inside and have Reed run streaks or posts every play to stretch the field. I am sure having Jett on the team wont hurt with stretching the field.

ryven
06-25-2003, 03:40 PM
If it does happen then we wont have lost any potience in are pass game because no one will now were moulds will be from one moment to the next.

Doc
06-25-2003, 03:46 PM
There was an interview on TV with Moulds not too long ago where he said he was learning new plays so that they could put him in the slot and in motion to get favorable matchups, i.e. against nickelbacks, safeties, and LB'ers, kind of like the 49'ers do with Owens. If you recall the 1999 (1998 season) playoff game in Miami where they did that, Moulds broke the NFL playoff record for yardage in a game with well over 200. I think it's a good move and Shaw is more of a deep ball player, so I think it's a good idea.

TedMock
06-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Moss and Owens both move inside in certain formations and it works for them. Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice and Andre Reed made careers out of it. I think it can only help him to play both. It creates mismatches and confusion in the defense.

ryven
06-26-2003, 07:32 AM
I will kind of feel bad for a nickle back that goes against molds there IMO not as good as the corners so those should be easy plays for moulds if this happens.

MDFINFAN
06-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by ryven
earlier this offseason I heard that moulds was learning a couple of new routes. In your opion could this mean he could swith between slot and wide out instead of just wide out?

For a receiver of Moulds caliber, getting him against a #3 cb would be a mismatch..he clobbers the other team best Corners, can you imagine him against a #3..This is really sound strategy by the OC..This is where Cris Chambers excelled in his first year..basically a #3 is a #3 for a reason, he's not as good as the starting 2. So getting a #1 WR against him is a big advantage for the O. Note to Wanny...T.Buck instead of Flecther in the slot..or Lowes..

ryven
06-26-2003, 01:55 PM
MDFINFAN your not from or live in miami do you

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 02:52 PM
MDFINFAN your not from or live in miami do you

I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, went to college and have not lived there since, I was in the Military after graduating from college and have lived all over the world..I'm now living in Maryland, hence the name MDFINFIN..I got out of the military in this area when I got stationed here because the job market was right, and I liked the area a lot. I've kept up with the Dolphins from all over the world..

Now that I've answered that, why did you ask?:)

justasportsfan
06-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Now that I've answered that, why did you ask?:)

You sound like you're a bills fan.......knowledgeable and unbiased.

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

You sound like you're a bills fan.......knowledgeable and unbiased.

Justa, as Clump would say, thems fightin words, a bills fan, man ol man, think I'm going to puke.:bling:

justasportsfan
06-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Justa, as Clump would say, thems fightin words, a bills fan, man ol man, think I'm going to puke.:bling:

:sukrpnch:

ryven
06-27-2003, 03:46 PM
I live in south west florida and most of the dolphin fans I know dont make much sense and you have plenty of sense

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 03:56 PM
I live in south west florida and most of the dolphin fans I know dont make much sense and you have plenty of sense

Well, I don't know what to say, a Bills fan complimenting a Phin Fan, note to me, send wine to ryven for his birthday :bones:, You live in SW florida, how did you become a bills fan?
On making sense, thanks, I try to see the logic in other people thoughts, that usually hard on a fans board because, hey people love their teams and can see no wrong. I love the phins, but I'm a realist, I see our flaws as well as our strenghts..I try to debate based on the subject and not fantasy. Sometimes I do like to have a little fun at the other team's expense, but I still try to stay within the parameter of facts.

robeezy
06-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Didn't Moulds move around alot last year?

Tatonka
06-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by robeezy
Didn't Moulds move around alot last year?

yeah.. just up and down the field though.. :D

this year he will be moving left and right before he goes up and down.:holdhand:

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

yeah.. just up and down the field though.. :D

this year he will be moving left and right before he goes up and down.:holdhand:

Only U Tatonka,,:lol: