PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Impressions: 8/11

baalworship
08-11-2011, 08:03 PM
First time out to Rochester this year to see the Bills practice.

Am not going to give you a breakdown of every play but here are my impressions.

Marcell Dareus is enormous. He looks scary and I can't wait to see him full go on Saturday. Couldn't really judge him as most of the passing drills I watched looked more like flag football and there was no tackling.

Torell Troup is also very big.

Levi Brown threw one of the worst passes I've ever seen. It was so badly underthrown that it was hard to understand how he's even on a NFL roster.

Fitz looks like the leader. Whenever he was out there everyone else paid attention. He was typical Fitz. 3 or 4 great throws and then a what the hell was that.

Brad Smith wasn't getting as many reps as the other QB's during the end of practice.

If Fitz goes down for any length of time we will pick 1st overall.

Lee Evans has no chemistry with Fitz and looks disinterested.

Donald Jones was everywhere and Fitz kept looking for him.

Shawn Nelson had a beautiful long TD where he caught a pass and never broke stride. He looks like a big WR.

ELAYAS
08-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Marcell Dareus is enormous. He looks scary and I can't wait to see him full go on Saturday. Couldn't really judge him as most of the passing drills I watched looked more like flag football and there was no tackling.

Levi Brown threw one of the worst passes I've ever seen. It was so badly underthrown that it was hard to understand how he's even on a NFL roster.

Fitz looks like the leader. Whenever he was out there everyone else paid attention. He was typical Fitz. 3 or 4 great throws and then a what the hell was that.

Brad Smith wasn't getting as many reps as the other QB's during the end of practice.

Shawn Nelson had a beautiful long TD where he caught a pass and never broke stride. He looks like a big WR.

:lolabove:

TigerJ
08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks. I'm not able to get there, so I appreciate anything that anyone provides in the way of info or first person opinions.

I think Brown is a goner. Had he been real impressive, he might have landed a PS spot, but he apparently has been nothing special in camp.

Maybe Lee Evans is resigned to being traded, and is reacting to that.

At this point it's clear that Brad Smith is a true "slash." Since he's doing other stuff, I wouldn't expect him to get as many QB reps. I don't know if there is any expectation on the part of the Bills that he will ever be a "real" QB, but it will be interesting to see how he gets used and how he does in each of his various roles, especially QB. I'd also love to see him get a chance or two this season to take a lateral while lining up as a WR then toss a nice long pass. That's the kind of thing that makes football fun.

Michael82
08-11-2011, 11:14 PM

Good report, but Shawn Nelson wasn't playing. He's still out.

mysticsoto
08-11-2011, 11:50 PM

Good report, but Shawn Nelson wasn't playing. He's still out.

You sure it wasn't Easley? He's big, fast and had great strides and hands!!!

Michael82
08-11-2011, 11:52 PM
You sure it wasn't Easley? He's big, fast and had great strides and hands!!!

Let me check my notes...I'm writing my report right now. It probably was Easley. I love that kid!

Michael82
08-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Nope, it was Donald Jones #19.

BertSquirtgum
08-12-2011, 02:17 AM
i would be disinterested too if i thought i was about to be traded.

YardRat
08-12-2011, 05:29 AM
most of the passing drills I watched looked more like flag football and there was no tackling.

These new rules have completely pussified the league.

DraftBoy
08-12-2011, 07:20 AM
These new rules have completely pussified the league.

That could just as easily be a Gailey decisions as much as it is a NFL rules one.

methos4ever
08-12-2011, 08:42 AM
That could just as easily be a Gailey decisions as much as it is a NFL rules one.
I've rarely been to an NFL camp where unless you were doing goalline or a scrimmage guys were allowed to tackle other than tagging/fitting up though DB. Same with the few colleges I've been allowed to go to...