PDA

View Full Version : So when does the REAL rebuilding begin?

bf1
08-12-2011, 10:02 AM
I guess next season if they are planning to trade Lee Evens now.

Sound to me like "rebuilding" is a moving target if the philosophy is to get rid of older guys now to make way for newer guys next year.

Ebenezer
08-12-2011, 10:05 AM
After RW dies and they move.

bf1
08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Plus how about some continuity? It's like the blind leading the blind if there are all younger guys. Bumbling Buddy is in way over his head. I think he's the only one who believes a 10 year plan is acceptable in the NFL.

Jan Reimers
08-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I guess next season if they are planning to trade Lee Evens now.

Sound to me like "rebuilding" is a moving target if the philosophy is to get rid of older guys now to make way for newer guys next year.
I agree. Trading Lee Evans for anything less than a good young player (or two) at a position of need, or a high draft pick or two, is not rebuilding. It is mindless demolition.

BillsInAlbany
08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
The rebuilding can't begin until we get a QB with some talent. Fitzpatrick had a decent season in 2010 but did you see how inaccurate he was? He's been like that since we got him. We needed to get a QB from the draft and start trainning him because our back up brown isn't much better.:rage:

Johnny Bugmenot
08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
The rebuilding can't begin until we get a QB with some talent. Fitzpatrick had a decent season in 2010 but did you see how inaccurate he was? He's been like that since we got him. We needed to get a QB from the draft and start trainning him because our back up brown isn't much better.:rage:
Neither was anybody in this draft.

ServoBillieves
08-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I scoffed at the thread that said we were chasing our tails, but WHY would you get rid of your best receiver for a 4TH ROUND PICK?! You can't build around promises, you can' qin with hopeful talent. Lee is replaceable, but WHY?! What draft pick in the 4th next year ia going to replace a fan and team favorite?

ddaryl
08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
it began last year with a 40% roster turnover... it continues this year with a solid draft class and a slew of 1st rd players who now have some experience.

it will continue next year... and all we can hope is that each year we get a little better in most categories

ddaryl
08-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I scoffed at the thread that said we were chasing our tails, but WHY would you get rid of your best receiver for a 4TH ROUND PICK?! You can't build around promises, you can' qin with hopeful talent. Lee is replaceable, but WHY?! What draft pick in the 4th next year ia going to replace a fan and team favorite?

Steve Johnson was the best receiver last year. Lee has been pedestrian for quite awhile. He is 1 dimensional

not that I'm glad in any way to see him go, but Lee was never part of the rebuilding... the young guys are

bf1
08-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Why have any player who's not "part of the future" then. WTF does that even mean? At some point you have to put a competitive team on the ***** field. Whether or not he was overpaid or overrated doesn't matter. Not having Lee on the field makes the team less competitive THIS year. Or else you self-fulfill the losing culture you're trying to weed out.

dasaybz
08-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm gonna be real curious to see what his numbers look like at the end of the year ...