PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Re-Sign Gragnani

SkateZilla
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed defenseman Marc-Andre Gragnani to a one-year contract.

Gragnani was a restricted free agent whose rights were retained by the Sabres in June. He's an offensive-minded player who had a goal and six assists in seven games to lead Buffalo in a first-round, seven-game playoff series loss to Philadelphia in April.

He added a goal and two assists in nine regular-season games with Buffalo last year. Gragnani was also named the American Hockey League's outstanding defenseman last season after 12 goals and 48 assists with Portland.

elltrain22
08-12-2011, 10:56 AM
What a great offseason the Sabres have had. Pegula ain't no joke!! I must admit, the more moves he makes, the more I want him to buy the Bills.

SabreEleven
08-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Why only 1 year though?

SpillerThrills
08-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Why only 1 year though?

I was wondering the same thing.......

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 11:02 PM
My guess would be that it's only one year so he can test the FA market if his season is as good as his playoff performance. If he's halfway decent through December, the Sabres better start trying to lock him up ASAP.

trapezeus
08-13-2011, 10:32 PM
makes it more likely that someone is going to get moved...my money is on poms....to baltimore for a 4th round pick.