PDA

View Full Version : Trading Evans for anything lower than a 2nd rounder or a starting OLineman is a JOKE

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
I can't see what the team could gain by doing this?

I just understand this AT ALL.

Historian
08-12-2011, 12:02 PM
ANSWER: It's the Buffalo Bills....the Wilson family tax write-off.

GreedoII
08-12-2011, 12:05 PM
He's not worth a 2nd-4th in my opinion. He's 30 and has done nothing to prove his worth of being picked in the 1st rd. Nothing. Big deal...

TacklingDummy
08-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Overvaluing our players again.

ptd86
08-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Not sure how a 30 year old #2 WR coming off a bad year would net anywhere close to a 2nd round pick.. need to be a little more realistic, maybe a 4th and a 6th?

I think they clear up a spot to see how their young wr's will do, what's the point in holding up a spot when we know we aren't going to compete this year

DieHrdBillsFan23
08-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Shefter is saying a 4th round pick in return

BertSquirtgum
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
**** YOU BUDDY, **** YOU RALPH, AND **** THIS TEAM.

Static
08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I heard the Dolphins were going to offer a 2nd round pick, but then realized he wasn't a QB.

Historian
08-12-2011, 12:22 PM
He's not worth a 2nd-4th in my opinion. He's 30 and has done nothing to prove his worth of being picked in the 1st rd. Nothing. Big deal...

It's not his fault this team has had no offensive line since Kent Hull retired and no decent quarterback since Bledsoe was run out of town.

Thiis guy is good for 100+ catches on a real football team.

Oh and BTW, he broke Jerry Butler's team record for most yards in a single game....with Lossman throwing to him nonetheless.

ddaryl
08-12-2011, 12:28 PM
**** YOU BUDDY, **** YOU RALPH, AND **** THIS TEAM.

It is seriously time to just move on to a new franchise to be a fan of.. When you this full of toxic hatred for a form of entertainment it is definitely time to move along. Why make yourself so miserable ?

ddaryl
08-12-2011, 12:31 PM
It's not his fault this team has had no offensive line since Kent Hull retired and no decent quarterback since Bledsoe was run out of town.

Oh and BTW, he broke Jerry Butler's team record for most yards in a single game....with Lossman throwing to him nonetheless.

and when we get back to that level of OL and down-field throws Lee will be 2 years older , slower, and in need of an extension...

better to get the young WR's ample experience in preparation for that in 2 years.

not thrilled by the trade, but it's all about developing our young players... Which is why they didn't reach for over hyped FA's or aging vets FA's at LB or OL...

TacklingDummy
08-12-2011, 12:35 PM

He's been the #1 receiver here for how many years? He's never come close to 100 receptions. Hell, he's never come close to 90.

RandolphDuke
08-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Is the Bills front office somehow getting...dumber? Are their lead paint chips in all the meals served at OBD? It's some kind of cumulative stupidity that gets worse over time.

I thought the draft was pretty solid, but this trade is pretty baffling.

better days
08-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Well, I am done defending Nix & the Bills. I want to see RESULTS NOW!

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Not sure how a 30 year old #2 WR coming off a bad year would net anywhere close to a 2nd round pick.. need to be a little more realistic, maybe a 4th and a 6th?

I think they clear up a spot to see how their young wr's will do, what's the point in holding up a spot when we know we aren't going to compete this year
Ok then why trade him at all then.... ESPECIALLY FOR A NOTHING PICK!!! Down or not at least he would have contributed.

The King
08-12-2011, 12:56 PM
This is a culture move... Buddy is getting rid of everything that is linked to losing. If you were ok with losing in the past you're being shown the door.

Evans can basically run one route... he looked good with Bledsoe and Losman and since then he's been almost invisible. I have never got the impression that he works his ass off, he's never been a top guy. Sure you want to see more in return, but what did we lose really?

jdbillsfan
08-12-2011, 12:58 PM
This is a culture move... Buddy is getting rid of everything that is linked to losing. If you were ok with losing in the past you're being shown the door.

Evans can basically run one route... he looked good with Bledsoe and Losman and since then he's been almost invisible. I have never got the impression that he works his ass off, he's never been a top guy. Sure you want to see more in return, but what did we lose really?

Wasn't he the only WR not to show up for the Fitz's offseason workouts? Time to move on.

Pinkerton Security
08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
He's been the #1 receiver here for how many years? He's never come close to 100 receptions. Hell, he's never come close to 90.

the real question is: is Lee Evans worth more to us than a 4th round pick?

I think so.

The King
08-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Right, I never got the impression that he was stepping up trying to get better or trying to make this team better. He was comfortable with the way things were.

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Overvaluing our players again.

Not necessarily.

For what Evans means to this team, it's hard to justify getting rid of him for less than a starting OL or a 2nd round pick. We need his experience and his speed.

Now, is he worth that on the open market? Obviously not since he went for a 4th. But then the answer is simple: DON'T TRADE HIM.

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Not necessarily.

For what Evans means to this team, it's hard to justify getting rid of him for less than a starting OL or a 2nd round pick. We need his experience and his speed.

Now, is he worth that on the open market? Obviously not since he went for a 4th. But then the answer is simple: DON'T TRADE HIM.
This is EXACTLY right.

We are millions upon millions under the cap.... This is a just a waste...

The King
08-12-2011, 01:22 PM
You guys need to chill out. Lee was taking reps away from the young guys, and he's nothing special. This move doesnt impact our record this year at all.

Ed
08-12-2011, 01:26 PM

What do we have in this entire organization that isn't linked to losing? And that's total nonsense that Evans was ok with losing. Kelsay has been losing for even longer and he gets extensions. Kyle Williams has been racking up the losses for 5 years now. I guess it's time to get rid of him too. In a couple more years guys like Wood and Dareus will just be losers too.

The King
08-12-2011, 01:38 PM
What do we have in this entire organization that isn't linked to losing? And that's total nonsense that Evans was ok with losing. Kelsay has been losing for even longer and he gets extensions. Kyle Williams has been racking up the losses for 5 years now. I guess it's time to get rid of him too. In a couple more years guys like Wood and Dareus will just be losers too.

Watch the way Kyle Williams plays the game, watch Jackson, watch Wilson... these guys bust their asses to make a play... they all over achieve none of them have Evans skills but they bust their asses. They're trying to make this team better. Evans just shows up, there's a huge difference.

Bill Brasky
08-12-2011, 02:23 PM
better to get the young WR's ample experience in preparation for that in 2 years.

so they can be traded or not resigned because they "cost too much"?

Philagape
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I was hoping for a third. Anything more than that was sheer delusional homerism. Why would any team give more than that for a guy whose career averages are 53 catches for 847 yards?

Who know who Lee Evans is? He's Kevin Curtis. Speed demon, got paid, one big year, one monster game, little else.

psubills62
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
so they can be traded or not resigned because they "cost too much"?
Considering they paid Evans a contract that averaged to 9m per year, why would you expect they wouldn't pay a WR if he proves he deserves a top contract?

THATHURMANATOR
08-12-2011, 02:36 PM
I was hoping for a third. Anything more than that was sheer delusional homerism. Why would any team give more than that for a guy whose career averages are 53 catches for 847 yards?

Who know who Lee Evans is? He's Kevin Curtis. Speed demon, got paid, one big year, one monster game, little else.
Listen bud, Didn't think they could get higher than what they did. My point is anything less is a waste of time.... WHY BOTHER?

trapezeus
08-12-2011, 02:39 PM
like i said last year, if you expected the bills to be good this year, this is a terrible move.

if you knew that this team was going to struggle, you take the pick. I'm not excited by 4, but baltimore isn't guaranteed to finish high. Flacco is a losman QB right now. he was ok at times and needs to step it up...let's see if he does that.

i still think the bills are breaking the drought next year from the youth and the talent they bring in now.

Evans wasn't a game changer.

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 03:13 PM
You guys need to chill out. Lee was taking reps away from the young guys, and he's nothing special. This move doesnt impact our record this year at all.
Then he should have been gone last year and our young guys would be going into this year with more reps under their belt.

This is the problem with this org. They half-ass everything. They never fully commit to winning now, but they don't fully commit to rebuilding either. They get rid of Whitner, Poz and Evans, which implies breaking down and rebuilding (after waiting a FULL YEAR, btw), but they keep vets like Kelsay and McGee and sign talent like Smith and Barnett, which implies trying to win now.

This team appears to lack direction on an epic level.

Historian
08-12-2011, 03:23 PM

Pretty Ironic considering they were a consistant 7-9, then these crackers take over and they drop to a 4-12 laughingstock....

Culture move.

Ya right.

The Popcorn
08-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I can't see what the team could gain by doing this?

I just understand this AT ALL.

Looks like the jokes on you.

justasportsfan
08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
a 4th? We just got raped. What are we going to do with that 4th? Look for another Ed Wang?

Johnny Bugmenot
08-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Whatever happened to the days of trading man for man? You give us a wide receiver, we give you an offensive tackle or something. That would've been nice, but NO, our front office says "OT? What's that? Overtime? We don't have to pay extra for that, do we?"