PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Training Camp Report: 8/11/2011

Michael82
08-12-2011, 12:06 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/Mikey82_photos/Buffalo%20Bills%20Training%20Camp%202011/8-11-11%20Thursday%20Afternoon/Photo048b.jpg

Buffalo Bills Training Camp Gallery - Thursday, August 11, 2011 (http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t138/Mikey82_photos/Buffalo%20Bills%20Training%20Camp%202011/8-11-11%20Thursday%20Afternoon/)
Thursday was the 11th day of Buffalo Bills Training Camp. There are only 4 open practices left at St. John Fisher College. After an intense hard hitting practice on Wednesday night, the players went back to wearing shorts with soft shoulder pads and the hitting was non-existant. Some would even say that it was basically a walk-thru on the field. Chan Gailey also let the players end practice 40 minutes early. As always, the team worked on their fundamentals in the individual drills, 7-on-7 passing drills, special teams work, and of course the full squad 11-on-11 drill. They also spent time working in the red zone, but didn't come close to the end zone at the end of practice.

The players practiced on the two half grass fields. They started out on their individual drills and did this for a while. I did notice that both Shawne Merriman and Chris Kelsay spent extra time working with the coaches on certain drills. They worked on catching passes and also spent some time working on their footwork. When they weren't going over drills, they both spent time talking to each other and listening to the coach. During this time, the rest of the team was on the turf for special teams practice

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2011/08/11/billszone_training_camp_report_8112011.php

BertSquirtgum
08-12-2011, 12:18 PM
who cares, my favorite player just got traded. i hope this team goes 0-16. i'm done with this ****.

Michael82
08-12-2011, 12:29 PM
who cares, my favorite player just got traded. i hope this team goes 0-16. i'm done with this ****.

:rofl: Talking about extreme reactions.

Michael82
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
:rofl: I guess I picked the wrong time to post this. I had to work last night, so I couldn't get it up until I got home from work today. Oh well. :ontome:

Michael82
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
BTW, check out my first extra point....

1. I think I'm starting to see why Lee Evans is on the trade block. For some reason, he has ZERO chemistry with Ryan Fitzpatrick. It's obvious that Stevie Johnson is his preferred target, but Fitz is connecting more with Donald Jones and David Nelson than Lee Evans.

Buddo
08-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Nice write up, and thanks.
TBH, I've also seen other camp reports that mentioned stuff about a lack of chemistry between Evans and Fitz, but I'd assumed that it was no big deal for them to get sorted. Evans has barely had a mention in most camp reports I've seen, except to the extent of being mentioned, at least once, as not seeming that enthusiastic.
Plays that have been made, would appear to have come from just about everyone else.
I still can't honestly say I'm happy with the trade, but there is a bigger picture gradually forming, and it seems as though it's one of a slightly jaded vet, who isn't getting on the same page as his QB - not deliberately, but to the extent it might have become an issue.

Michael82
08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Nice write up, and thanks.
TBH, I've also seen other camp reports that mentioned stuff about a lack of chemistry between Evans and Fitz, but I'd assumed that it was no big deal for them to get sorted. Evans has barely had a mention in most camp reports I've seen, except to the extent of being mentioned, at least once, as not seeming that enthusiastic.
Plays that have been made, would appear to have come from just about everyone else.
I still can't honestly say I'm happy with the trade, but there is a bigger picture gradually forming, and it seems as though it's one of a slightly jaded vet, who isn't getting on the same page as his QB - not deliberately, but to the extent it might have become an issue.

Thanks. I was starting to think the same thing. It was just weird that everytime Fitzpatrick threw his way, it would be overthrown, misthrown or they just seemed to lack communication.

Michael82
08-12-2011, 05:44 PM
BTW, check out all the times that Fitz has connected with Jones yesterday and many other times before that. He hasn't had the same connection with Evans.

YardRat
08-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Stellar job again, Mikey :beers:

Don't Panic
08-12-2011, 09:45 PM
The lack of chemistry between Fitz and Lee has been overlooked outside this board with this deal. I just wish we had gotten a 3rd, but I really do see the logic in the trade, especially if we are looking to reup some younger guys.

Michael82
08-13-2011, 09:14 AM
The lack of chemistry between Fitz and Lee has been overlooked outside this board with this deal. I just wish we had gotten a 3rd, but I really do see the logic in the trade, especially if we are looking to reup some younger guys.

I agree. The fan in me is pissed off because I loved Lee Evans and had his jersey. But I do see why they did it. It gives more guys a chance and it's very obvious him and Fitz didn't see eye to eye.

Buddo
08-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I agree. The fan in me is pissed off because I loved Lee Evans and had his jersey. But I do see why they did it. It gives more guys a chance and it's very obvious him and Fitz didn't see eye to eye.

I'm not so sure they didn't see 'eye to eye' as people, but I am sure they somehow can't get consistent connection on the field. The year before last when Fewell pulled Edwards for Fitz, it was T.O. he always found. Last year, obviously, it was Stevie.
On a personal level, I think they got on fine - wasn't it Evans that Fitz was in that funny video on the sidelines with, when they were going through that whole 'sit down or stand up' thing in an OT game?

In some respects, I believe it's about their timing together. I reckon that Evans ran his deep routes too quick for Fitz's deep ball, and struggled to adjust that.