X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Evans is traded, now what?

I know the Bills have a lot of bodies at WR, but that doesn't necessarily make them "deep" at the spot.
    What is the money saved going to be used on now? Are they targetting a FA WR, or does a team have a deal in the works with them? There HAS to be something more to this, doesn't there?

I'm not too worried about someone filling his 37 catches from last season, but I hope they plan to spend the money they just saved on upgrading another position.

I am excited to see if Easley is the real deal, and if he can eventually fill the void left on the opposite side of the field from Stevie.

I'm a bit baffled.
  • ChristopherWalken
    • Dec 2002

Re: Evans is traded, now what?

Nix will trade Dareus next year to the Pats for a bag of peanuts and gently used Sinatra/Rat Pack 8 track?

Sounds over the top, I know, but this Evans thing blows my mind too.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

Now what?!?

Now we will have Jones (unless Easley steps up) with 60-70 catches this season

Thats What

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

I dont think it was about the money, more about the guys they have at WR now. They must feel that one of their guys can fill in the gap that Lee leaves behind while getting something in return.

They get fair compensation for the production as well. Pats traded a 5th and a 6th for Chad Ohcocinco.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

they traded lee for a bag of beans and a truck of road salt... so we have two options:

1 - make some great chili for our newly regulated tailgates that enhance the "gameday experience"
          2 - clear the roads faster so when people leave the stadium at halftime they get home "safely"

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
            I dont think it was about the money, more about the guys they have at WR now. They must feel that one of their guys can fill in the gap that Lee leaves behind while getting something in return.

They get fair compensation for the production as well. Pats traded a 5th and a 6th for Chad Ohcocinco.
            Who cares what the Pats traded for Ochocinco? The Bengals are a garbage organization just like us and the Pats and Ravens will both be going to the playoffs again.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Now what? Re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick and make him the 5th highest paid QB in the NFL, then everyone will quit this team, we wont sell out games, team moves and Ralph and Brandon say it's because "lack of fan commitment".
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Maximilli
                • Feb 2009

i didnt want to see him go but the fact is he wasnt playn for the kind of money they were payn him he is just a deep threat 4th rounder is the most they were gonna get for him would u give up 3 2 pick i doubt it 37 catches .......... we need consistency of offense moving the chains he never catches passes up the middle or tough catches at that one of the younger cud get 37 catches i really hope they get an o lineman now

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

I would have accepted a 4th and a 7th because there is some value with two players. Especially considering the 4th rounder we get is probably going to be nothing more than a back up OL.

I am not really happy, had it been a loan a 3rd I would have been ok because you have a chance to get a starter.

This is not good in my opinion.

I guess we are looking at Easley, Jones, Nelson, Davis battling it out for the number 2 spot.

My money is on Easley or Jones winning the gig.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

we go on... NBD
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Looks like Buddy is all in for Andrew Luck!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I'm gonna laugh come week 10-11 when people start coming around and realizing trading Lee Evans away was a good idea and losing him didn't hurt the team one iota.

Comment

• Maximilli
                          • Feb 2009

If u where another team would u trade a 3rd for Lee Evans honestly

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            I'm gonna laugh come week 10-11 when people start coming around and realizing trading Lee Evans away was a good idea and losing him didn't hurt the team one iota.
                            Given Buddy's drafting record, the 4th round pick isn't going to help the team either. So they lose a classy player and his leadership skills and speed for nothing.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                              Looks like Buddy is all in for Andrew Luck!!!!!
                              bengals, redskins, or seahawks have that race locked up.

buffalo's 4-5 wins won't nab them a 1st overall pick... besides.... buddy would draft luck, and in 5 years let him walk without even trying to resign him... then trade for a career backup and say "they'll try to build through the draft". this process has been repeated for about 15 ****ing years in this town.

Comment

Working...
                              X