PDA

View Full Version : Evans is traded, now what?

Forward_Lateral
08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I know the Bills have a lot of bodies at WR, but that doesn't necessarily make them "deep" at the spot.
What is the money saved going to be used on now? Are they targetting a FA WR, or does a team have a deal in the works with them? There HAS to be something more to this, doesn't there?

I'm not too worried about someone filling his 37 catches from last season, but I hope they plan to spend the money they just saved on upgrading another position.

I am excited to see if Easley is the real deal, and if he can eventually fill the void left on the opposite side of the field from Stevie.

I'm a bit baffled.

ChristopherWalken
08-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Nix will trade Dareus next year to the Pats for a bag of peanuts and gently used Sinatra/Rat Pack 8 track?

Sounds over the top, I know, but this Evans thing blows my mind too.

Jaybird
08-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Now what?!?

Now we will have Jones (unless Easley steps up) with 60-70 catches this season

Thats What

jdbillsfan
08-12-2011, 01:06 PM
I dont think it was about the money, more about the guys they have at WR now. They must feel that one of their guys can fill in the gap that Lee leaves behind while getting something in return.

They get fair compensation for the production as well. Pats traded a 5th and a 6th for Chad Ohcocinco.

Bill Brasky
08-12-2011, 01:09 PM
they traded lee for a bag of beans and a truck of road salt... so we have two options:

1 - make some great chili for our newly regulated tailgates that enhance the "gameday experience"
2 - clear the roads faster so when people leave the stadium at halftime they get home "safely"

Ed
08-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I dont think it was about the money, more about the guys they have at WR now. They must feel that one of their guys can fill in the gap that Lee leaves behind while getting something in return.

They get fair compensation for the production as well. Pats traded a 5th and a 6th for Chad Ohcocinco.
Who cares what the Pats traded for Ochocinco? The Bengals are a garbage organization just like us and the Pats and Ravens will both be going to the playoffs again.

Demon
08-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Now what? Re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick and make him the 5th highest paid QB in the NFL, then everyone will quit this team, we wont sell out games, team moves and Ralph and Brandon say it's because "lack of fan commitment".

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 01:14 PM
i didnt want to see him go but the fact is he wasnt playn for the kind of money they were payn him he is just a deep threat 4th rounder is the most they were gonna get for him would u give up 3 2 pick i doubt it 37 catches .......... we need consistency of offense moving the chains he never catches passes up the middle or tough catches at that one of the younger cud get 37 catches i really hope they get an o lineman now

DesertFox24
08-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I would have accepted a 4th and a 7th because there is some value with two players. Especially considering the 4th rounder we get is probably going to be nothing more than a back up OL.

I am not really happy, had it been a loan a 3rd I would have been ok because you have a chance to get a starter.

This is not good in my opinion.

I guess we are looking at Easley, Jones, Nelson, Davis battling it out for the number 2 spot.

My money is on Easley or Jones winning the gig.

The King
08-12-2011, 01:29 PM
we go on... NBD

EDS
08-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Looks like Buddy is all in for Andrew Luck!!!!!

Mr. Pink
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm gonna laugh come week 10-11 when people start coming around and realizing trading Lee Evans away was a good idea and losing him didn't hurt the team one iota.

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 01:33 PM
If u where another team would u trade a 3rd for Lee Evans honestly

EDS
08-12-2011, 01:34 PM
I'm gonna laugh come week 10-11 when people start coming around and realizing trading Lee Evans away was a good idea and losing him didn't hurt the team one iota.

Given Buddy's drafting record, the 4th round pick isn't going to help the team either. So they lose a classy player and his leadership skills and speed for nothing.

Bill Brasky
08-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Looks like Buddy is all in for Andrew Luck!!!!!

bengals, redskins, or seahawks have that race locked up.

buffalo's 4-5 wins won't nab them a 1st overall pick... besides.... buddy would draft luck, and in 5 years let him walk without even trying to resign him... then trade for a career backup and say "they'll try to build through the draft". this process has been repeated for about 15 ****ing years in this town.

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Tired of hearing bout leadership we have enuff of those on this team he is a deep threat thats all dosent catch passes up the middle and i dont remember him making a tuff catch what he did last year one of the younger guys can do with the money that they save now i wish they address the online now

Forward_Lateral
08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm over it, I just would like to hear Nix's reasoning.

generalmills
08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Nix is in the middle of rebuilding the team. Decisions need to be made that are about the future and not about the fans. The young receivers need to be on the field. The youth upside/potential is worth more than the PR hit and hurt feelings being experienced right now with regards to a great foot soldier in Lee Evans. Even if he had a big turn around year (60-70 catches) those balls can now be spread around to young recievers who will be important when this team develops.

better days
08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Nix is in the middle of rebuilding the team. Decisions need to be made that are about the future and not about the fans. The young receivers need to be on the field. The youth upside/potential is worth more than the PR hit and hurt feelings being experienced right now with regards to a great foot soldier in Lee Evans. Even if he had a big turn around year (60-70 catches) those balls can now be spread around to young recievers who will be important when this team develops.

Hey maybe you can get a job in the ticket sales dept. They are going to have fun trying to convince people this team is worth spending money on.

generalmills
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey maybe you can get a job in the ticket sales dept. They are going to have fun trying to convince people this team is worth spending money on.

Tom Donahoe sold a lot of tickets.

better days
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
i didnt want to see him go but the fact is he wasnt playn for the kind of money they were payn him he is just a deep threat 4th rounder is the most they were gonna get for him would u give up 3 2 pick i doubt it 37 catches .......... we need consistency of offense moving the chains he never catches passes up the middle or tough catches at that one of the younger cud get 37 catches i really hope they get an o lineman now

Well, do you think the Ravens will cut his pay or give him a raise?

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
depends how he does this year i think he is very talent wr but he is 1 dimensional
i think he ll settle on whateva offer they ll give him he has 2yr left on his contract

psubills62
08-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Now we do what we were going to do a month ago - wait for the season to start and see what happens. We just do it with slightly different receivers.

People keep talking about Evans getting double-teamed and opening things up. Now I'd expect Steve Johnson to get double-teams, which should open things up for other receivers. I think the younger guys have shown enough to be confident that someone will step up and replace Evans' production.

Extremebillsfan247
08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
I know the Bills have a lot of bodies at WR, but that doesn't necessarily make them "deep" at the spot.
What is the money saved going to be used on now? Are they targetting a FA WR, or does a team have a deal in the works with them? There HAS to be something more to this, doesn't there?

I'm not too worried about someone filling his 37 catches from last season, but I hope they plan to spend the money they just saved on upgrading another position.

I am excited to see if Easley is the real deal, and if he can eventually fill the void left on the opposite side of the field from Stevie.

I'm a bit baffled.
The Bills will most likely use some of that money on the renegotiation of the Kyle Williams contract. As far as a new targeted WR, I wouldn't count on it being anyone we are all familiar with, assuming they go get anyone at all. They did bring in Buster Davis, and Chris Brown has already tried to spin his arrival as a reason for Lee Evans being expendable. The bottom line here is now, Stevie Johnson has to step up as the Bills number 1, but even more important is that the other receivers are going to have to step up big in order for this offense to have any success this year, or they wont. JMO

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
plus remeber a guy like brad smith will make the offense alittle easier throwing dfense off guard with his ability to run and throw the ball

better days
08-12-2011, 02:19 PM
depends how he does this year i think he is very talent wr but he is 1 dimensional
i think he ll settle on whateva offer they ll give him he has 2yr left on his contract

Which you thought was for too much money. Anyone that wants a receiver with Evans speed to do anything but stretch the field does not understand the value of such a receiver.

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
but even speed wr catches up the middle and get yac he dosent wish he could stay but a number 1 wr with 37 catches come on

better days
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
but even speed wr catches up the middle and get yac he dosent wish he could stay but a number 1 wr with 37 catches come on

I will bet you he has many more than that this year.

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 02:36 PM
i think he will have more then 37 of course but in the bills stand point when u got 37 and u got younger wr hungry waitn to show what they got what wud u do

DynaPaul
08-12-2011, 02:37 PM
This move is INSANE!

trapezeus
08-12-2011, 02:42 PM
evans wasn't a leader. he just carried himself well. he didn't elevate anyone else's play. he didn't elevate his play.

i think the bills with or without him were going to be on the bottom end of the standings. now they have an extra pick. perhaps they can move up and still have a 4.

the only question is how in god's name are they getting to the floor? how many times can we extend kelsay?

Maximilli
08-12-2011, 02:43 PM
what u mean by insane what a bad move on bills part