Haternation, did you ever consider that Lee Evans requested a trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Haternation, did you ever consider that Lee Evans requested a trade?

Consummate professionals do these things behind the scenes.

Professional organizations will often comply. Especially if it's requested the right way.
    Last edited by Stewie; 08-12-2011, 02:14 PM.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: Haternation, did you ever consider that Lee Evans requested a trade?

There was a report out earlier by someone that he did not request a trade. So, nice try big guy.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

There's a report by CBS I believe that says Evans didn't ask for a trade.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

The only people who know if he asked for a trade are Lee Evans and Buddy Nix.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Good point. I never thought about this, but it makes sense. Maybe he wanted to play for a winning team before he retires....

ByTimGraham Tim Graham

Don't discount the possibility Lee Evans and Bills management had a gentleman's agreement that he be moved and Bills were honoring it.

4 minutes ago

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

So, if Lee Evans wanted to be moved, that gets the FO off the hook for leaving us with Parrish and a pile of unproven WR's?

That gets the FO off the hook for sitting on a ridiculous amount of cap space?

That gets the FO off the hook for waiting an entire year before even STARTING to rebuild?

I don't think so.

Fitz is a sitting duck. He's not the greatest QB in the first place, and now he has no OL and no WR's.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              The only people who know if he asked for a trade are Lee Evans and Buddy Nix.
              Well, Evans has said he did not ask for a trade.

Comment

• bf1
                • Oct 2010

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Evans isn't that big of a loss. the 4th round pick is a bit of an insult, but let's face it, it's better to play the young kids and go from there.

it is dubious that evans is one of the highest played players, so god knows how buffalo gets to the floor min.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Michael82
                    Good point. I never thought about this, but it makes sense. Maybe he wanted to play for a winning team before he retires....

ByTimGraham Tim Graham

Don't discount the possibility Lee Evans and Bills management had a gentleman's agreement that he be moved and Bills were honoring it.

4 minutes ago
                    That makes a ton of sense. Baltimore was the best place, IMO, for Lee to go.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days
                      Well, Evans has said he did not ask for a trade.
                      Where?

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

OK. Request denied.

Were trying to win more games this year.

Done.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          Where?
                          I heard it the other day on the Shredd & Ragan show.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

The FO does not have to honor such a request, even if made, particularly when it brings only a lousy 4th round pick in return - and leaves us with exactly 1 semi-established receiver.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                              • Nov 2004

I think they are lots of factors - things that frustrate fans about the trade (at least me)

1 Timing - why do it now they could have dome this during the draft pick up a player to help this year and possiblly got a team to overpay

2 I think its unrealistic that we would trade him straight up for a stud staterm however there are plenty of OL starters we surely could have inquired about We need help NOW not next year

3 Bottom lime Lee was a fan favorite irregardless of his stats he was one of our better players and a good guy liked playing on the Bills

4 How many #1 picks can you trade, release or simplly not resign when they become a FA. I think the Bills are at least consistent - many of the good teams however find a way to draft well and keep their good players (or replace them with equally as good FA) we dont do this -

I wish he as still a Bill but personnel wise i think we have other guys that will step right in, with alot to prove.
                              Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

Working...
                              X