PDA

View Full Version : K.Williams,S.Johnson,E.Wood,A.Levitre,F.Jackson Should Get New Deals

Night Train
08-12-2011, 03:06 PM
..to make ANY sense of this trade.

Since it is about $$, then it better be shifted to the core guys who are seen as being here for the next few years.

tampabay25690
08-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Thats what probably is going to be worked on next...

Michael82
08-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Exactly! I like the news that the Bills are negotiating with Kyle Williams. But now that Evans is gone, I expect to hear them working on new contracts with Stevie Johnson, Eric Wood, Andy Levitre and even Fred Jackson next. Get these guys locked up, Buddy! Put your money where your mouth is!

Historian
08-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Johnson is Russell Copeland without the spousal abuse charges.

Wood will eventually be allowed to walk and the dreamers here will say it's justified because he was "injured too much".

Jackson will be too old to resign, so they'll use their first rounder next year on a 5' 9" scatback from Coe College.

Levitre will probably stay, get the big payday, then tear an achilles and never be the same player again.

EDS
08-12-2011, 03:31 PM
None of those guys will get new deals. They are all old regime holdovers that need to be replaced. Evans was just the first to go.

jimbohastle51
08-12-2011, 04:50 PM
its was reported on total access last night by laconforna that williams agent and the bills have started negotiations and that williams is going to get a sizable contract. also by trading evans its obvious johnson is going t get that 5.25 million a year that we were paying evans.

X-Era
08-12-2011, 05:00 PM
its was reported on total access last night by laconforna that williams agent and the bills have started negotiations and that williams is going to get a sizable contract. also by trading evans its obvious johnson is going t get that 5.25 million a year that we were paying evans.Exactly. And as I said before, Stevie, Bell, and Fitz won't be signed unless new salary room is made on the Bills BS budget.

jimbohastle51
08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Exactly. And as I said before, Stevie, Bell, and Fitz won't be signed unless new salary room is made on the Bills BS budget.

agreed.. for instance.. evans gone, stevie gets paid... maybin, (and possibly kelsay gone), williams gets paid. as far as fitz... i dont think he gets done till the end of the year or half way through the year at least. thigpen was brought in and i know the bills are ok if thigpen ends up starting. they wont pay fitz till they see more from him.. he did have ALOT of careless turnovers last year. at least 3/4 of his 15ints were careless throws. and he had a couple fumbles. he has alittle more to prove.

justasportsfan
08-12-2011, 06:08 PM
No!!!!! Fred JAckson is next to follow Evans

YardRat
08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I could see four of the five getting new deals, but in all honesty I'd be surprised if Freddie got too sweet of a deal simply based on his age and position.

Don't Panic
08-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I could see four of the five getting new deals, but in all honesty I'd be surprised if Freddie got too sweet of a deal simply based on his age and position.

Amen. If they get extensions done with Williams, Stevie, Levitre and/or Wood, I'd be OK with trading Lee... even for a 4th. That would be a commitment to the young core of this team. It would send the right message about where our financial investment was going. We'd still take a beating this year (not that they Lee trade cost us more than 1-2 wins), but we'd be focused on a plan of sustained growth with homegrown product.