PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we're clearing roster room for a big trade?

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Just trying to find the bright side of this total and complete BS.

I hate the trade of Evans, especially for next to nothing.

Evans gives us so much more than a 4th.

Hopefully we're about to bring in some big name or something.

WTF I hate the Bills right now.

X-Era
08-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Just trying to find the bright side of this total and complete BS.

I hate the trade of Evans, especially for next to nothing.

Evans gives us so much more than a 4th.

Hopefully we're about to bring in some big name or something.

WTF I hate the Bills right now.If they move a pick or two for a starter, it makes this move OK to me. But I think we do nothing and end up worse.

Michael82
08-12-2011, 03:13 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :lmao: :laughing: :sigh: :cry: :wail: :puke:

trapezeus
08-12-2011, 03:14 PM
how many times have we watched a ****ty move happen and then say, "no they can't be this obtuse, there must be another move coming." then we hear crickets.

seriously though, list the times its happened... I'll start.

signing buddy nix as gm...."this has to mean cower is on board and the coaching is going to be excellent"

your turn

bf1
08-12-2011, 03:16 PM

Best post ever.

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2011, 03:17 PM
I was a Nix fan until this crap.

Mr. Miyagi
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM
So that's denial, anger, and depression?

Night Train
08-12-2011, 03:20 PM
(AP) Aug.17th - The Buffalo Bills have made veteran DE Chris Kelsay the highest paid DL in the NFL with a 4 year extension for 70 Million.

Michael82
08-12-2011, 03:23 PM
So that's denial, anger, and depression?

Basically. A typical day in the life of a Buffalo Bills fan.

jimbohastle51
08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
i am sure they are/were going to lock up williams and johnson with long term deals but that still wouldnt eat all this cap space or even most of it. the other thing i was thinking is that there are 2 starting caliber tackles available.... max starks and bryant mckinnie... maybe they are going to lock one of them up. i am sure that either will go for at least around 3million per season.

trapezeus
08-12-2011, 04:11 PM
can the bills just offer the current season ticket holders a major discount? just refund us the ticket price. that should work out to about $20MM

SaviorEdwards
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
the bills blew it they could have traded evans for hardy straight up :rockout:

EDS
08-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Why not just trade Fred Jackson now? Same reasons as for trading Lee - he is 30, we have you guys behind him, etc.

X-Era
08-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Why not just trade Fred Jackson now? Same reasons as for trading Lee - he is 30, we have you guys behind him, etc.They will make that move when they need his salary to extend another player. That way you never increase your total salary. Gotta hold that line.

jimbohastle51
08-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Why not just trade Fred Jackson now? Same reasons as for trading Lee - he is 30, we have you guys behind him, etc.

actually this is the proof that the evans trade is ALL about money and not "doing whats best for the team". fred jackson was the deal of the century. he was a exclusive rights free agent so he could only negotiate with the bills, so we took total advantage of that and basically forced fred to take a 4yr deal that will never pay him over 2 million a season. in fact this year he only makes 1.74 million and next in the final year he makes 1.86 million. there was never a way that steve johnson got extended with evans making 5 million per season. so they took whatever they could get so they didnt have to pay 2 receivers fair market value. they already had paid lee his roster bonus, i dont know why they wouldnt just pay him this season and see what the team did and then trade him or release him in the final year of his deal if we didnt make or get really close to the playoffs.

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 05:46 PM
actually this is the proof that the evans trade is ALL about money and not "doing whats best for the team". fred jackson was the deal of the century. he was a exclusive rights free agent so he could only negotiate with the bills, so we took total advantage of that and basically forced fred to take a 4yr deal that will never pay him over 2 million a season. in fact this year he only makes 1.74 million and next in the final year he makes 1.86 million. there was never a way that steve johnson got extended with evans making 5 million per season. so they took whatever they could get so they didnt have to pay 2 receivers fair market value. they already had paid lee his roster bonus, i dont know why they wouldnt just pay him this season and see what the team did and then trade him or release him in the final year of his deal if we didnt make or get really close to the playoffs.

Well, there's a way because we're so far below the cap: The Bills just pony up the money.

But there's no way Ralph would actually do that, which is what I think you're saying

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
how many times have we watched a ****ty move happen and then say, "no they can't be this obtuse, there must be another move coming." then we hear crickets.

signing buddy nix as gm...."this has to mean cower is on board and the coaching is going to be excellent"

your turn

Trading for Darwin Walker then turning around and trading him again, leaving us with a massive hole on the DL that was never addressed...

Waiting for that Lynch trade on draft day that didn't happen until 4 games into the season...

wmoz11
08-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Trading for Darwin Walker then turning around and trading him again, leaving us with a massive hole on the DL that was never addressed...

Waiting for that Lynch trade on draft day that didn't happen until 4 games into the season...

Darwin Walker refused to report. The Lynch thing was odd, no doubt.

Chris Brown, for what it's worth (and that may not be much considering who he works for), said that he has it on good authority that Evans wanted out.

Tim Graham hinted that as well on Twitter.

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Darwin Walker refused to report. The Lynch thing was odd, no doubt.

Chris Brown, for what it's worth (and that may not be much considering who he works for), said that he has it on good authority that Evans wanted out.

Tim Graham hinted that as well on Twitter.

meh, I don't want to go off arguing about stuff that happened years ago, but I brought it up in this context because we needed DL help badly at the time. If Darwin Walker won't report, fine, but find someone who will. I think when we traded him and had some extra picks, some of us were hoping they'd find another way to fill that hole, but they never did.

justasportsfan
08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
we can use that 4th to package it to grab Luck :lmao:

Bert102176
08-12-2011, 06:13 PM
all I can say is FU Ralph Wilson and the front office u are all Fu** ups

acehole
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Actually they project a lot.

They sign RB before we trade Rb

They sign WR before they trade WR's.

They cut players before hand to clear stuff out.

They will get a Tackle very soon.

As I said they are trying to trade for one...

If they dont get him at right price they will scour after cut downs or take a chance on rehabbing or injured guy.

Faqing cheap faqs.

your turn

Bert102176
08-12-2011, 06:27 PM
we can use that 4th to package it to grab Luck :lmao:

there is no way this team gets Luck or does a damn thing to improve it's self untill ralph wilson passes away and get a new front officw and hopefully soon, I love this team and I am sick of the owner being a cheap bastard and dragging the Bills down

Ingtar33
08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
there is no way this team gets Luck or does a damn thing to improve it's self untill ralph wilson passes away and get a new front officw and hopefully soon, I love this team and I am sick of the owner being a cheap bastard and dragging the Bills down

we'll probably grind out a few pointless wins here and there and play ourselves right out of the top 5 picks in next years draft.

Bert102176
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
we'll probably grind out a few pointless wins here and there and play ourselves right out of the top 5 picks in next years draft.

that's what they do every year last year they shoulda had number 1 then screwed them selves out of it

jimbohastle51
08-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Well, there's a way because we're so far below the cap: The Bills just pony up the money.

But there's no way Ralph would actually do that, which is what I think you're saying

exactly what i was saying. you can never use just the amount of cap space available with the bills as an excuse for giving an extension or signing a players. its always how much they already have in the position. again this is another fact that proves that the bills are cheap. you cannot tell me that paying lee the rest of his salary since you already paid the roster bonus wasnt worth it for at least this season to try to optimize the new spread offense.

ddaryl
08-13-2011, 05:20 AM
:popcorn: