PDA

View Full Version : anything in this bears preseason game that will make losing lee easier?

trapezeus
08-12-2011, 09:29 PM
is there anything you'll see in the starting O that will make you think,"maybe that wasn't so bad that we traded him?"

thoughts

wmoz11
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Well, it's preseason. But I'd like to see Easley or Donald Jones get deep and open up the underneath for crossing routes, etc. I'm concerned that we don't have anyone to keep the safeties backpedaling. I'm afraid we're going to be condensed.

YardRat
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Some production from the young receivers would be the obvious call.

DBrown77
08-12-2011, 09:44 PM
I was looking at his stats on NFL.com. Numbers only he is really just average. I think its just his big play ability that sticks in peoples minds. He's only had 1 season with more than 63 catches.

I cant figure out why people are about to commit suicide over trading him. He can be replaced.

wmoz11
08-12-2011, 09:53 PM
I was looking at his stats on NFL.com. Numbers only he is really just average. I think its just his big play ability that sticks in peoples minds. He's only had 1 season with more than 63 catches.

I cant figure out why people are about to commit suicide over trading him. He can be replaced.

A lot of it is that he's a fan-favorite, a class act, and a long-tenured member on a team with massive turnover.

Not to mention that until otherwise proven, no one on the roster can stretch the field like him. Even if he isn't making catches, he's dictating coverage or at the very least commanding some respect from safeties, corners, and coaching staffs.

DBrown77
08-12-2011, 10:01 PM
A lot of it is that he's a fan-favorite, a class act, and a long-tenured member on a team with massive turnover.

Not to mention that until otherwise proven, no one on the roster can stretch the field like him. Even if he isn't making catches, he's dictating coverage or at the very least commanding some respect from safeties, corners, and coaching staffs.

I do agree with you to an extent. I do agree with the first paragraph. I am not sure how much he dictated coverage. He is kind of a 1 trick pony and IMO keeping him just for a deep threat once or twice a game isnt worth it.

I do wish we got more for him, but receivers arent commanding much in trade these days

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
It's about more than his production, Dave. It's about how this FO operates. I just can't for the life of me understand why they waited a year to break the team down. IMO they set us back a whole season.

DBrown77
08-12-2011, 10:08 PM
It's about more than his production, Dave. It's about how this FO operates. I just can't for the life of me understand why they waited a year to break the team down. IMO they set us back a whole season.
Yeah, but they didnt know Stevie would have a breakout season last year. I am not saying the Bills dont make dumb moves but the more i think about it i think it was a good idea.

I am happy for Lee because he now gets to play for a contender. He pretty much kept his mouth shut here except when he was upset we got rid of JP.

justasportsfan
08-12-2011, 10:11 PM
A dominant running game.

wmoz11
08-12-2011, 10:21 PM
I really haven't been buying into this Donald Jones hype, but the more I read the practice reports and how reporters outside of WNY have talked about him, the more I think we may be on to something.

And I'm not head-over-heels for Easley like some. His measurables are off the charts, but he was raw at UConn and he hasn't had any healthy time here to get that in order.

I'd love to see some flashes of brilliance from him, but I'm not expecting it right away - certainly not in the first preseason game.

OpIv37
08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah, but they didnt know Stevie would have a breakout season last year. I am not saying the Bills dont make dumb moves but the more i think about it i think it was a good idea.

I am happy for Lee because he now gets to play for a contender. He pretty much kept his mouth shut here except when he was upset we got rid of JP.

While Lee underperformed in recent years, he was always a good soldier in Buffalo. And he is definitely better off with the Ravens.

And now that I'm in Baltimore without Sunday Ticket, I'll be able to see it first hand :puke:

cookie G
08-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Watching Dareus match up against Carimi.

That's worth the price of admission.

better days
08-13-2011, 12:56 AM
There is nothing that the Bills can do in that game that will make me less mad. No matter how well the WR's play it does not matter. The point is that Nix gave Evans away for NOTHING!!!!!!

I listened to 4 different sports channels today on the radio, & every single one said they did not understand why the Bills would trade Evans for a 4th & that the Bills were robbed.

I am done defending Nix, it is time to show me the baby & he better not have colic.

DBrown77
08-13-2011, 04:37 AM
There is nothing that the Bills can do in that game that will make me less mad. No matter how well the WR's play it does not matter. The point is that Nix gave Evans away for NOTHING!!!!!!

I listened to 4 different sports channels today on the radio, & every single one said they did not understand why the Bills would trade Evans for a 4th & that the Bills were robbed.

I am done defending Nix, it is time to show me the baby & he better not have colic.

Santonio Holmes was traded for a 5th. Randy Moss for a 7th and both blow Lee away. Does Lees lack of off the field issues warrant him better than a 4th?

Dont get me wrong i was disappointment too, but the reality is that outside of Buffalo he is just average at best.

Jan Reimers
08-13-2011, 04:56 AM
I'll be satisfied if Easley and Parrish don't get injured again. Oh wait, Roscoe is already out with an injury.

zone
08-13-2011, 05:53 AM
With knowing what other dominant receivers have fetched in trades over the last few years getting a 4th is honestly a great deal. The alternative is taking reps away from a young developing receiver corps this year and getting nothing for Evans next year.

I honestly can't see how anyone can get upset about losing any of the second rate talent that has been a part of this decade long debocile. The best player we had over the last decade was a punter!

mayotm
08-13-2011, 07:20 AM

Not to mention that until otherwise proven, no one on the roster can stretch the field like him. Even if he isn't making catches, he's dictating coverage or at the very least commanding some respect from safeties, corners, and coaching staffs.I agree to an extent. I also would much rather have Lee than a fourth round pick. That stated, I think people are overstating Lee's value. His production won't be that difficult to replace. In addition to Stevie, I think two other Bills receivers will put up comparable numbers to what Lee had last year. Right now, I would say Parrish and David Nelson would be the two.

better days
08-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Santonio Holmes was traded for a 5th. Randy Moss for a 7th and both blow Lee away. Does Lees lack of off the field issues warrant him better than a 4th?

Dont get me wrong i was disappointment too, but the reality is that outside of Buffalo he is just average at best.

The Vikings gave up a 3rd last year to the Pats* for Moss.

Historian
08-13-2011, 07:31 AM
THIS JUST IN: Bill Belicek has announced his retirement from the NE Patriots. He will move in with Jimmy Johnson on Key West, where the two can now legally get married.

In a related story, it was announced today that Tom Brady is retiring to focus his fight against a case of crone's disease.

Film at 11!

WeAreArthurMoates
08-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Donald Jones for sure. I think he has everything you want in that number 2. He's so compactly built and powerful but also has good speed. I really like this kid, hope my gut feeling comes true.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2011, 12:42 PM
is there anything you'll see in the starting O that will make you think,"maybe that wasn't so bad that we traded him?"

thoughts Stevie Johnson. He has to show at least a flash of the receiver he was last year. His plate without Lee here just got a lot bigger. He is going to be facing a vanilla defense. I'm expecting him to perform at some level of resemblance of a number 1 receiver. I'm not yet convinced he is ready to handle the number 1 roll. But, that's my opinion.

ddaryl
08-13-2011, 12:44 PM
obviously it will be all about the young WR's and to see if they produce, or if the OL gives the QB position time to produce something