PDA

View Full Version : So....when does Spiller go for a 4th round pick?

Dozerdog
08-13-2011, 08:43 AM
2013? 2014? Add him to the pile - McGahee, Lynch, Evans......

Draft 10th every year, trade said pick for a 4th rounder 3 years later

This team is sucking the life out of me. I used to seek out any possible way to see this team play- season tix, direct TV, drive an hour to a good Bills Backers Bar, scour the internet for bootleg transmissions-

Now I can't even bring myself to check on scores with my smart phone. When does hockey season get here?

ServoBillieves
08-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Tomorrow

Jaybird
08-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Tomorrow

Why so serious?!?

Johnny Bugmenot
08-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Now, if they can get a 4th-rounder for Maybin, it'd make up for everything. OK, maybe not, but close.

Jan Reimers
08-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm glad the game tonight is not live on the NFL Network, and I'm not watching the rerun, either.

The biggest loser in all this will be our local Duffy's Sports Bar, where I will be spending far less time and money this fall.

After 50+ years, I'm cutting way back on my Bills' addiction. It's just not worth the emotional effort anymore.

Dozerdog
08-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I think they got the Patriot's instruction book- but ar reading it upside down,.

They trade their 4th rounders for former first rounders. They trade 7th round QBs into #1st round draft picks.

RoscoeMagic
08-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Hopefully we can trade Maybin for a 4th :cas:

mrbojanglezs
08-13-2011, 11:10 AM
groan button

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2011, 11:36 AM
That seems like a little over-exaggerated reaction to the Lee Evans trade. Lee was no spring chicken. He was a 7 year veteran here at age 30. He was one of our oldest offensive players. By comparison, Nick Barnett was an 8 year veteran for the Packers, also at age 30, he was released instead of being traded. I have to believe that Evans was going to eventually be on that path as well. So when are the Packers going to start trading away, or releasing their young players? They won't. They moved a player from a position of strength to allow younger talent to blossom, same as Buffalo with Lee. Receiver is a position of strength here. Lee may not have fit the scheme here, would you release him, or try to get something for him? Just saying.

better days
08-13-2011, 11:45 AM
That seems like a little over-exaggerated reaction to the Lee Evans trade. Lee was no spring chicken. He was a 7 year veteran here at age 30. He was one of our oldest offensive players. By comparison, Nick Barnett was an 8 year veteran for the Packers, also at age 30, he was released instead of being traded. I have to believe that Evans was going to eventually be on that path as well. So when are the Packers going to start trading away, or releasing their young players? They won't. They moved a player from a position of strength to allow younger talent to blossom, same as Buffalo with Lee. Receiver is a position of strength here. Lee may not have fit the scheme here, would you release him, or try to get something for him? Just saying.

Barnett was a FREE AGENT. If Evans were a free agent that would be different than it is. The Pats* got a 3rd rnd pick from the Vikings last year for Moss & now he is out of the NFL.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Barnett was a FREE AGENT. If Evans were a free agent that would be different than it is. The Pats* got a 3rd rnd pick from the Vikings last year for Moss & now he is out of the NFL. Moss was an elite receiver, and the Pats got a 3rd for him. Lee is a good receiver, but you wont find many people considering him elite. Evans is more comparable to Santana Moss than he is to Randy Moss. Just saying.

The Jokeman
08-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Moss was an elite receiver, and the Pats got a 3rd for him. Lee is a good receiver, but you wont find many people considering him elite. Evans is more comparable to Santana Moss than he is to Randy Moss. Just saying.
Okay this is my first and likleuy last post about the Evans trade. The compensation we got for him was fair based on other trades. The issue is whether or not the Bills can afford to lose a player of Evans abilities or not. Yet I think my biggest issue is it was done now. As basically we gave up Evans for absolutely nothing for the 2011 season unless you count his roster spot, which I have yet to be see filled.