X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Now We Will Know How Good Evens Really Is

Now he has an O-Line, QB, RB, TE, and a +1 WR opposite him to take the pressure off. Now lets see how good he really is. According to many of you he is a great talent stuck in Buffalo without an offense to showcase his talent....

Anyways, getting a 4th for him was BS. Should have gotten conditional picks based on performance. A pick that can go from a 4th to a 2nd if Evens reaches certain #. Lastly, a Baltimore 4th rounder is likely to be towards the end of the 4th round, its really more like a 5th round pick. I am sure the Cards, who were interested, would have paid a 4th for Evens.
    Please Make Sense
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Now We Will Know How Good Evens Really Is

Our objective seems to be to get rid of guys when they have the least value.

In answer to your main premise, I think Evans will be extremely productive with the Ravens. His considerable speed, great hands and route running weren't a good fit in Buffalo, but I think they will be with a real team.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mindbender
      • Apr 2010

Who is this Evens?
      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mindbender
        Who is this Evens?
        Watch the Ravens this year & you will find out who Evans is.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

The true test of a player's worth is how he does with less help, not more.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Evans fantasy stock just skyrocketed compared to Stevie Johnson.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Philagape
              The true test of a player's worth is how he does with less help, not more.
              EVERY WR in the HISTORY of the NFL has depended on the QB to make his career. Name me a HOF receiver that did not have a very good QB to throw him the ball. TO may be the first.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                EVERY WR in the HISTORY of the NFL has depended on the QB to make his career. Name me a HOF receiver that did not have a very good QB to throw him the ball. TO may be the first.
                Largent had Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg, I dunno if I'd call them "very good" ... Monk had some decent years with Jay Schroeder and Mark Rypien ... Lofton's prime was with Lynn Dickey. When you have a HOF WR who doesn't have a HOF QB, that says the receiver made the QB look better. Last year you had Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall ... guys like that don't let the other WR eclipse them when they're doubled, like Evans did. You know they're the guy on their teams. Evans is not "the guy." If you need only certain plays and certain QBs to produce, you're not at that level.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Evens? This is worse than the Sabres fans still talking about Tyler Meyers....
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Largent had Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg, I dunno if I'd call them "very good" ... Monk had some decent years with Jay Schroeder and Mark Rypien ... Lofton's prime was with Lynn Dickey. When you have a HOF WR who doesn't have a HOF QB, that says the receiver made the QB look better. Last year you had Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall ... guys like that don't let the other WR eclipse them when they're doubled, like Evans did. You know they're the guy on their teams. Evans is not "the guy." If you need only certain plays and certain QBs to produce, you're not at that level.
                    Well, if you would not call Zorn or Krieg very good, it is obvious you are too young to have seen them play. Both Zorn & Krieg were very good & better than any QB the Bills have had since Kelly aside from Bledsoe.

Again if the QB does not throw the ball, the receiver can't catch it. Fitz was more comfortable throwing to Stevie last year. Flacco will most likely be more comfortable throwing to Bolden this year, but I will bet Bolden has a better year this year than last because he has Lee on the other side now.
                    Last edited by better days; 08-13-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Well, if you would not call Zorn or Krieg very good, it is obvious you are too young to have seen them play. Both Zorn & Krieg were very good & better than any QB the Bills have had since Kelly aside from Bledsoe.
                      I saw Krieg a lot, I was a fan of those Seahawks teams. He was a decent passer (much like Rob Johnson) but turned it over and got sacked a lot and was known for quantity rather than quality (much like Bledsoe). Largent made him look better.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

I saw Krieg a lot, I was a fan of those Seahawks teams. He was a decent passer (much like Rob Johnson) but turned it over and got sacked a lot and was known for quantity rather than quality (much like Bledsoe). Largent made him look better.
                        He was a much better QB than any Evans has had & if you saw him & are honest you will have to admit that FACT.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

He was a much better QB than any Evans has had & if you saw him & are honest you will have to admit that FACT.
                          Which still doesn't say anything about Evans. Maybe a more well-rounded receiver who ran better routes would have made Evans' QBs look better. I still have yet to hear anybody explain what Evans did well besides go deep.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Which still doesn't say anything about Evans. Maybe a more well-rounded receiver who ran better routes would have made Evans' QBs look better. I still have yet to hear anybody explain what Evans did well besides go deep.
                            What did Moss do well besides go deep?

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

What did Moss do well besides go deep?
                              Jump balls. Posts. Hard to say since his own lack of work ethic held him back. Plus he's 6-4

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X