PDA

View Full Version : Now We Will Know How Good Evens Really Is

Mike
08-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Now he has an O-Line, QB, RB, TE, and a +1 WR opposite him to take the pressure off. Now lets see how good he really is. According to many of you he is a great talent stuck in Buffalo without an offense to showcase his talent....

Anyways, getting a 4th for him was BS. Should have gotten conditional picks based on performance. A pick that can go from a 4th to a 2nd if Evens reaches certain #. Lastly, a Baltimore 4th rounder is likely to be towards the end of the 4th round, its really more like a 5th round pick. I am sure the Cards, who were interested, would have paid a 4th for Evens.

Jan Reimers
08-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Our objective seems to be to get rid of guys when they have the least value.

In answer to your main premise, I think Evans will be extremely productive with the Ravens. His considerable speed, great hands and route running weren't a good fit in Buffalo, but I think they will be with a real team.

Mindbender
08-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Who is this Evens?

better days
08-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Who is this Evens?

Watch the Ravens this year & you will find out who Evans is.

Philagape
08-13-2011, 04:40 PM
The true test of a player's worth is how he does with less help, not more.

Ebenezer
08-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Evans fantasy stock just skyrocketed compared to Stevie Johnson.

better days
08-13-2011, 05:22 PM
The true test of a player's worth is how he does with less help, not more.

EVERY WR in the HISTORY of the NFL has depended on the QB to make his career. Name me a HOF receiver that did not have a very good QB to throw him the ball. TO may be the first.

Philagape
08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
EVERY WR in the HISTORY of the NFL has depended on the QB to make his career. Name me a HOF receiver that did not have a very good QB to throw him the ball. TO may be the first.

Largent had Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg, I dunno if I'd call them "very good" ... Monk had some decent years with Jay Schroeder and Mark Rypien ... Lofton's prime was with Lynn Dickey. When you have a HOF WR who doesn't have a HOF QB, that says the receiver made the QB look better. Last year you had Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall ... guys like that don't let the other WR eclipse them when they're doubled, like Evans did. You know they're the guy on their teams. Evans is not "the guy." If you need only certain plays and certain QBs to produce, you're not at that level.

Crisis
08-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Evens? This is worse than the Sabres fans still talking about Tyler Meyers....

better days
08-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Largent had Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg, I dunno if I'd call them "very good" ... Monk had some decent years with Jay Schroeder and Mark Rypien ... Lofton's prime was with Lynn Dickey. When you have a HOF WR who doesn't have a HOF QB, that says the receiver made the QB look better. Last year you had Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall ... guys like that don't let the other WR eclipse them when they're doubled, like Evans did. You know they're the guy on their teams. Evans is not "the guy." If you need only certain plays and certain QBs to produce, you're not at that level.

Well, if you would not call Zorn or Krieg very good, it is obvious you are too young to have seen them play. Both Zorn & Krieg were very good & better than any QB the Bills have had since Kelly aside from Bledsoe.

Again if the QB does not throw the ball, the receiver can't catch it. Fitz was more comfortable throwing to Stevie last year. Flacco will most likely be more comfortable throwing to Bolden this year, but I will bet Bolden has a better year this year than last because he has Lee on the other side now.

Philagape
08-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, if you would not call Zorn or Krieg very good, it is obvious you are too young to have seen them play. Both Zorn & Krieg were very good & better than any QB the Bills have had since Kelly aside from Bledsoe.

I saw Krieg a lot, I was a fan of those Seahawks teams. He was a decent passer (much like Rob Johnson) but turned it over and got sacked a lot and was known for quantity rather than quality (much like Bledsoe). Largent made him look better.

better days
08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
I saw Krieg a lot, I was a fan of those Seahawks teams. He was a decent passer (much like Rob Johnson) but turned it over and got sacked a lot and was known for quantity rather than quality (much like Bledsoe). Largent made him look better.

He was a much better QB than any Evans has had & if you saw him & are honest you will have to admit that FACT.

Philagape
08-13-2011, 06:45 PM
He was a much better QB than any Evans has had & if you saw him & are honest you will have to admit that FACT.

Which still doesn't say anything about Evans. Maybe a more well-rounded receiver who ran better routes would have made Evans' QBs look better. I still have yet to hear anybody explain what Evans did well besides go deep.

better days
08-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Which still doesn't say anything about Evans. Maybe a more well-rounded receiver who ran better routes would have made Evans' QBs look better. I still have yet to hear anybody explain what Evans did well besides go deep.

What did Moss do well besides go deep?

Philagape
08-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Jump balls. Posts. Hard to say since his own lack of work ethic held him back. Plus he's 6-4

Mr. Pink
08-13-2011, 07:04 PM

That's like saying what does Larry Fitzgerald do well besides go deep.

Both guys get the job done and use their size to their advantage downfield.

Maybe if Evans was 6'4" he'd be in those 2 guys class, but, he's not.

Mr. Pink
08-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Jump balls. Posts. Hard to say since his own lack of work ethic held him back. Plus he's 6-4

It's absolutely scary to think how good Moss would have been if he even liked football or cared about making himself better.

Mike
08-13-2011, 07:13 PM
That's like saying what does Larry Fitzgerald do well besides go deep.

Both guys get the job done and use their size to their advantage downfield.

Maybe if Evans was 6'4" he'd be in those 2 guys class, but, he's not.

Fitz is not a big deep threat like Evans. Thats why the Cards considered trading for him. Anyways, Fitz is a possession WR. His speed is ok, but he is a great route runner, he knows how to get open and win jump balls in the air. Evans on the other hand is a burner, his ability to get open otherwise lacks as does his routs.

Philagape
08-13-2011, 07:16 PM
The Cards must not have wanted Evans very badly if they wouldn't offer a fourth-rounder

Mr. Pink
08-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Fitz is not a big deep threat like Evans. Thats why the Cards considered trading for him. Anyways, Fitz is a possession WR. His speed is ok, but he is a great route runner, he knows how to get open and win jump balls in the air. Evans on the other hand is a burner, his ability to get open otherwise lacks as does his routs.

Do you ever watch the Cardinals?

They throw to Fitzgerald deep all the time using his size advantage and strength.

Ebenezer
08-13-2011, 07:28 PM
The Cards must not have wanted Evans very badly if they wouldn't offer a fourth-rounder
Do the Cards have a 3rd in 2012? Maybe they didn't want to give up a 2nd. :idunno:

Mike
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
well they think Fitz is good enough to by himself. They made a public announcement that they don't "need" a 2nd good Wr to compliment Fitz. Earlier in the FO they let their 2nd wr go...to KC... he was pretty good. In 2 years they have lost 2 good wr. Now all they have is Fitz and a bunch of 3s.