X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Why Bills Should Have Drafted Mallet

Had him as my favorite QB of the Draft. Pure passer, great are, etc.... He is showing why the Pats drafted him and some are already calling the STEAL OF THE DRAFT. Hope that his fades, otherwise it will be another 10yrs of Pats Domination...

BILLS SHOUHD HAVE DRAFTED HIM. HELL, I WOULD BE DOING A MUCH BETTER JOB THAN THIS FO....

Please Make Sense
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Why Bills Should Have Drafted Mallet

Steal of the draft already? Based on 16 snaps?

Wait till he actually plays 2 cleanup duty games in the regular season. He'll be a Hall of Famer.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Wait till he actually plays 2 cleanup duty games in the regular season. He'll be a Hall of Famer.
      Exactly, the guy plays on one the best teams in the league in a small part of a preseason game and now has supplanted the rest of the prospects as the guy everyone should have drafted.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mike
        Had him as my favorite QB of the Draft.
        Well, I'm sure if Buddy had know that up front he would have been more accommodating.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
          Exactly, the guy plays on one the best teams in the league in a small part of a preseason game and now has supplanted the rest of the prospects as the guy everyone should have drafted.
          I wonder what your opinion would be if it was Gabbert.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

There was not a question about Malletts skill set coming out of college. The questions regarding him involve his character & personality. For example, he failed to show up for a scheduled interview with Carolina before the draft with no explanation.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mike
              Had him as my favorite QB of the Draft. Pure passer, great are, etc.... He is showing why the Pats drafted him and some are already calling the STEAL OF THE DRAFT. Hope that his fades, otherwise it will be another 10yrs of Pats Domination...

BILLS SHOUHD HAVE DRAFTED HIM. HELL, I WOULD BE DOING A MUCH BETTER JOB THAN THIS FO....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream
              He is with the Patriots. They can make a turd look good playing QB. It's all Bill Belichick. Just ask Matt Cassel. Using a preseason game performance as a means to say a rookie is the steal of the draft is an overreaction and that may be an understatement.

As an example, go back and look at how good Spiller looked last year for the Bills in preseason. Even better, look at the success Trent Edwards use to have in preseason. My point is that preseason games mean nothing. All Mallet proved after the first preseason game is that he can probably play at the NFL level. It still doesn't mean he is going to succeed when it counts. JMO

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                Will not tolerate vandalism.
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Hey, just remember. Brian Brohm couldn't pull off a single touchdown in two cleanup duty games.

I still maintain that passing up Mallett in the second, and even the third, was a mistake. Not that he'll see much action any time soon (after all, Brady's contract doesn't run out until 2015), but he's starting to show how well he can play.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  I wonder what your opinion would be if it was Gabbert.
                  The same.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Mallett....so much talent....so little playing time.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      Mallett....so much talent....so little playing time.
                      If Fitz does not pan out, I would rather the Bills sign Josh Johnson next year instead of Mallett myself. He is the type of QB Chan could make good use of. He will be a FA next year & would be a starter now if the Bucs didn't have a QB as good as Freeman.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                        If Fitz does not pan out, I would rather the Bills sign Josh Johnson next year instead of Mallett myself. He is the type of QB Chan could make good use of. He will be a FA next year & would be a starter now if the Bucs didn't have a QB as good as Freeman.
                        If Fitz doesn't pan out it won't matter. Gailey will have one more year after this to show anything. If Fitz and the team tank then what is going to happen in year three of Chan to prevent his firing? Picking up a QB to fit Gailey's system in a lame-duck year would be counter productive.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• baalworship
                          • May 2003

Mallet will look great throwing to receivers in a practice. During an actual NFL game with a pass-rush I expect him to look bad in the pocket like he did in college.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                            • Feb 2009

Mallet will be like Kolb.... have a career game once, and the Pats will come out with a 1st rd pick for him. Bank on it.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              If Fitz doesn't pan out it won't matter. Gailey will have one more year after this to show anything. If Fitz and the team tank then what is going to happen in year three of Chan to prevent his firing? Picking up a QB to fit Gailey's system in a lame-duck year would be counter productive.
                              Why? If Fitz does not pan out the Bills must win next year anyway for Chan to keep his job as you said. Johnson would probably be his best option at QB to win NOW & I doubt he would cost any more than Fitz did when he signed.

Comment

Working...
                              X