• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

So what did some of you do....

...before Al Gore invented the intratubes to give you a place to vent and something like this (trading Evans) happened?

Kick the dog?
    Beat the wife?
    Tear the heads off of your sister's dolls?
    Cry yourself to sleep?

Get over it. **** happens.

It has for every team in the league, for every season of their existence. Big deal.
    We've been down this road before, and we will again.
    We've been winners before, and we will be again.

I don't like the Evans trade any more than the average fan, but it's certainly no reason to go ballistic, jump off of a bridge, or pull out the Ralph Wilson voodoo doll and start driving pole barn spikes into it.

You want to see what Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt can add to the team? If Stevie is a one-year wonder? Well, their opportunity just got bigger. Good for them, hopefully they can succeed and it will become good for us.

We were 4-12 with Evans, we can be 4-12 without him. Best of luck and I hope he does well in Baltimore. I hope our young guys do even better in Buffalo.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Re: So what did some of you do....

Acting out with aggressive behavior in order to try, and alleviate the disappointment of a situation, or decision that was beyond your control is a very adolescent course of action. Any adult guilty of such actions should seek immediate psychiatric help, and shouldn't be watching football. JMO
    Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 08-13-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• jmb1099
      • Sep 2004

Great post.
      Originally posted by YardRat
      ...before Al Gore invented the intratubes to give you a place to vent and something like this (trading Evans) happened?

Kick the dog?
      Beat the wife?
      Tear the heads off of your sister's dolls?
      Cry yourself to sleep?

Get over it. **** happens.

It has for every team in the league, for every season of their existence. Big deal.
      We've been down this road before, and we will again.
      We've been winners before, and we will be again.

I don't like the Evans trade any more than the average fan, but it's certainly no reason to go ballistic, jump off of a bridge, or pull out the Ralph Wilson voodoo doll and start driving pole barn spikes into it.

You want to see what Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt can add to the team? If Stevie is a one-year wonder? Well, their opportunity just got bigger. Good for them, hopefully they can succeed and it will become good for us.

We were 4-12 with Evans, we can be 4-12 without him. Best of luck and I hope he does well in Baltimore. I hope our young guys do even better in Buffalo.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
        Acting out with aggressive behavior in order to try, and alleviate the disappointment of a situation, or decision that was beyond your control is a very adolescent course of action. Any adult guilty of such actions should seek immediate psychiatric help, and shouldn't be watching football. JMO
        Any psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you it is healthier to vent your frustrations than to hold them inside.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by better days
          Any psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you it is healthier to vent your frustrations than to hold them inside.
          By taking it out on a dog, or beating your wife? lol Come on now.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

By taking it out on a dog, or beating your wife? lol Come on now.
            No, I did not say that. I was refering to venting on a message board.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by better days
              No, I did not say that. I was refering to venting on a message board.
              Taring the heads off of dolls, beating a dog, or wife, crying yourself to sleep isn't venting on a message board. These were the kinds of actions I was referring to. If you read the OP's post, you might understand that a little better I think. No respected therapist, or psychiatrist would EVER suggest violent, or volatile behavior as a means for venting frustrations. That is not subject to personal opinion, it's a fact.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

I beat up small children at the local playground. Then I cried in a corner for a few minutes, wrote my local congress about alcohols price and then took to skeet shooting Elvis records while pantsless on my apartment roof. After my girlfriend gave me meds, I threw tainted meat in to a koi pond.

Wait... When they cancelled Mystery Science Theater?
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Taring the heads off of dolls, beating a dog, or wife, crying yourself to sleep isn't venting on a message board. These were the kinds of actions I was referring to. If you read the OP's post, you might understand that a little better I think. No respected therapist, or psychiatrist would EVER suggest violent, or volatile behavior as a means for venting frustrations. That is not subject to personal opinion, it's a fact.
                  I think a psychologist would approve of a person tearing the head off a doll or crying yourself to sleep. In fact I have heard of some that keep dolls in their office for just that purpose. You are only crossing the line when your venting hurts another living being. That is a fact. You should watch the movie Anger Management. MARISA TOMEI, Jack Nicholson & Adam Sandler, very funny & addresses this very issue.
                  Last edited by better days; 08-13-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Way to completely miss the point, YR.

Some of us don't want to be 4-12 again, and some of us don't see how trading players for picks that MIGHT help in 2-3 years helps this team get better.

The Evans trade may not be a reason to go ballistic on it's own, but coupled with all the other actions, and more importantly, lack of action, by this FO is plenty reason for fans to be upset.
                    Last edited by OpIv37; 08-13-2011, 12:49 PM.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

i'm not getting over it anytime soon. **** you bills.

i might begin to get over it when the bills actually show they want to win and i don't see that anytime in the near future. maybe when ralph the scumbag dies and the bills get a real owner.
                      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-13-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

shut the fat up. nobody said they were going to do that or did that. get real.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

I love it. It sure seems like some of us like it when we underspend. It sure seems like some here like us when we sign no one. It sure seems like some here want us to hoard our cap room. It sure seems like some are perfectly happy with Pears and Urbik as the right side of our line. It sure seems like some like it when we go with an unproven player over a proven vet.

Well then, it sure seems like some like to maintain the status quo which means losing seasons.

Do I expect more? No. Do I hope for more? You're damn right I do. I will always hope that the Bills will pull their heads out of the collective asses and realize what it takes to win in the NFL. No, I will never be happy with the status quo when that means losing seasons.

Personally, I think the Lee trade was a stupid move. But, I still hope it works out for the best. I have no control over it and am over it right now. It will be another data point. My overall outlook for the upcoming season didn't change much. I'm hopeful for an over-achieving team that somehow defies all the things working against them and makes it to the playoffs. But, I am extremely doubtful that it will happen. No matter how bad this team is, I will continue to go to games every year and watch every game every year. But I will be damned if I'm going to happily go along with losing. The history on this team speaks for itself. HOF GM, HOF HC, HOF Quarterback, RB, DE, and C is what it took to take this team to the SB. But now we can go with UDFA's, rookies, and a ton of cap room? It's frankly laughable.

No, I won't ever believe that our current plan is the path to a SB win. I will believe that when I see it. I will root for the Bills, I will go to the games, I will be excited and hopeful for what we might do next. But, I won't be happy with the status quo, when that means losing seasons, like some around here are.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 08-13-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• jmb1099
                            • Sep 2004

I am as frustrated as anyone. Thousands of children died In Somalia yesterday because they simply didn't have enough to eat. It's not that I'm missing the point, it's just that I try to save my outrage for things that deserve it. For fear of trying to read someone's mind, i think this might be what YR is getting at, at least in part.
                            Besides, we've been losers for so long I don't think we'd know how to handle a winning sports franchise in buffalo. There'd probably be masss suicides.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                              I am as frustrated as anyone. Thousands of children died In Somalia yesterday because they simply didn't have enough to eat. It's not that I'm missing the point, it's just that I try to save my outrage for things that deserve it. For fear of trying to read someone's mind, i think this might be what YR is getting at, at least in part.
                              Besides, we've been losers for so long I don't think we'd know how to handle a winning sports franchise in buffalo. There'd probably be masss suicides.
                              Perspective. I agree. But, it's out of the framework of the discussion and purpose for this area of the board. This is a Buffalo Bills message board. The negative sentiment is appropriate considering the recent happenings. Is it the worst thing in the world right now? No and it never will be. But is what happened with Lee the worst thing to be happening with the Bills right now? Many think so. That makes it relevant and discussion worthy. Unpleasant? Maybe. But worthy of discussion.
                              Last edited by X-Era; 08-13-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X